The Nostalgia Thread

Sudo

• Replies 7.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Cowgirl, that second one especially brings back some good memories. Thanks. You must be 'walking'. heehee.....

:dance:

Chatty, my boss (aka my brother) paid to have it put together, so I got to watch a pro at work.

I love the new computer. It is fast, plus we have DSL at work so all factors combined, really cool.

Yeah, about 1/2 between Sudo's house and mine, 23 people were killed (in Newbern, TN), plus 4 more in TN.

Cowgirl,

I just knew you would be the one. :) Thanks!

I love them both making me ask again why do I not have any of their stuff yet. :rolleyes:

Act2,

How thankful we are that neither you or Sudo were in it's path and how horrible for the families that can't claim that. :(

((((sudo and act2's families))))

Thanks for your kind words, Kathy. Yeah, my prayers go out to all the ones who have suffered so much loss.

I had requested something from REO and Cowgirl obliged. Now, my question is: What is the earliest year of Nostalgia??? Cause I want to request something else, but it may be TOO new!!!!!!!!!!!!

:redface2:

Sushi and Chatty, thanks to both of you. How about some 70's Rod Stewart?

As I mentioned in the Wine thread, I have been spring cleaning today, and am worn out. So I am heading to the bed for some needed restful sleep.

Goodnite all!!!!!!!!!!! :sleep1:

I love messing around in Images in Google and if you're looking for animated pictures add animation or gif to the end and that will usually bring up an item or two. Also I try not to go with too large of images so on occasion will pass on an excellent choice due to file size. Another thing is sometimes I just get a gut feeling I shouldn't click on a certain image and will pass on it no matter how interesting it may look.

And yes you know the show for certain. It was cute wasn't it! :)

Act2, Here's a few by Rod Stewart although the 2nd one was not orginally done by him, it still sounds pretty good !! AAAAAAAAND if I'm not mistaken I think I can hear a mandolin being played throughout different parts. of the songs. Bluzeman, you have an ear for music, correct me if I'm wrong about the mandolin thing !!

HERE

HERE

Cowgirl

Edited by Cowgirl

You'll forgive me for not listening won't you Cowgirl. :)

Mandolins are beautiful but don't ask Rick what I said the first time he played it for me. :redface:

I'm so thankfu it's tonight. I have things to do but it's different.

The first one was Who's The Boss and the character Tony Danza went on to Taxi which I watched and enjoyed. Latka (sp?) cracked me up when he talked and what an interesting life he had to begin with. The guy that played in Back To The Future was a great one in Taxi if not the best for periods. I loved the odd ones the most. :) I just can't remember their names.

Then the woman of the house in that instance was recently in Law and Order as the DA I believe. And the little girl was or is in Charmed. And maybe others but those I remember now.

Latka was played by Andy Kaufman, subject of "The Man In The Moon" with Jim Carrey.

Christopher Lloyd played Reverend Jim Ignatowski.

Judith Light played the woman of the house in Who's The Boss (I'm 99 44/100% sure).

The little girl was played by Alyssa Milano.

Up to speed now, CK? :biglaugh:

My other link was as Sudo knew One Day at a Time. Here's the pic of the cast with the females refered to on either side of picture.

Mackenzie Phillips is the daughter of John Phillips of the Mamas and the Papas. Her cocaine usage caused much difficulties for her and the show.one_day_at_a_time_250.jpgValerie Bertinelli married Eddie Van Halen in 1981 and they had a son named Wolfgang. In 2005 she filed for a divorce due to his resuming smoking when he'd had throat cancer prior because of it. Or so the rumor was.

Up to speed now, CK? :biglaugh:

Did you call me CK? :confused::biglaugh:

Okay then, well here's another show I loved until they took all the good people away and merged it into something that I don't even think is on anymore. It was merged into a show that had William Shatner.

WAV

Edited by ChattyKathy

I make a practice of abandoning shows that water down their original premises. This started off great, and lost it too quickly.

Not for nothing, but I think that's why Law and Order has weathered the storms. They stay true to premise of the shows, and refuse to get bogged down in the personal lives of the main players. They forge ahead as is, and make it work.