Sudo

• Replies 7.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Kathy,

Sorry.. if it's 60's I should know it, too. I'm probably just getting old :( . Has everyone had a nice Easter? We have! It was such a BEAUTIFUL day we sat outside totally comfortable. Now its time to get ready for the work week. Oh, my movie theme (HERE!) that I posted?? It was Ben-Hur.

sudo

Sudo,

Someone suggested I rent that movie soon. I saw parts of it but never start to finish.

The lead actress in the television show was also on Laugh-In. Now if you go back to my saying it didn't tie yet had some similarities to a movie with the male actor that brings Sundance to mind you'll probably get it. :)

Oops, meant to include this clue also Sudo. The name of the televison show had something to do with where they lived.

Edited by ChattyKathy

SaintGeorge,

I was just leaving the screen when I saw your post and had to say hi. And yes you know the show for certain. Please when time will you share some details, I'd not known he died young. And you can tell the show's name if you'd like if it's part of the explanation, please.

All rest well.

I remember being really bummed when Pete Deuel killed himself. He was just beginning to come into his own, on a pretty cool series, that he and his chemistry with Ben Murphy made better. Before that he had been on a sit com with Judy Carne called 'Love on a Rooftop', and before that as Gidget's stuffy brother in law.

Being replaced by Roger Davis in the same role was eerily similar to Dick York replaced by Dick Sargent on Bewitched.

Pete Deuel and Dick York had similar looks and attitudes. They were both replaced by actors that look KIND OF like them, but lacking their distinctive qualities. Dick Sargeant was Dick York lite, and Roger Davis was Pete Deuel lite.

Being replaced by Roger Davis in the same role was eerily similar to Dick York replaced by Dick Sargent on Bewitched.

Pete Deuel and Dick York had similar looks and attitudes. They were both replaced by actors that look KIND OF like them, but lacking their distinctive qualities. Dick Sargeant was Dick York lite, and Roger Davis was Pete Deuel lite.

I always liked Pete Deuel in the role. When he was replaced by Roger Davis (Dark Shadows) it ruined it and I stopped watching.

I remember being really bummed when Pete Deuel killed himself. He was just beginning to come into his own, on a pretty cool series, that he and his chemistry with Ben Murphy made better. Before that he had been on a sit com with Judy Carne called 'Love on a Rooftop', and before that as Gidget's stuffy brother in law.

HERE

Hiwayman, That was my link and it's the theme to Love on a Rooftop. :)

I prefered Dick York and Pete Deuel just like you and Moon Girl both (on Deuel).

Moon Girl, Tell your sweetie that the work is done and Steve said he'd be thankful to do anything else should it be needed.

And do either of you know if there were any similarites to the movie with Robert Redford and Jane Fonda called Barefoot in the Park?

Barefoot in the Park, and Love On a Rooftop, both were about young couples just starting out, living in NY apartment buildings. Beyond that, I don't know of any corellations.

'Rooftop', came after the Broadway play , 'Barefoot', by Neil Simon (tho I'm not sure if the movie had been made yet). I think it's safe to say that 'Rooftop' was inspired by the very successful play.

'He and She' was a terrific 'one season wonder', starring Richard Benjamin and Paula Prentiss. It was a cut above the usual sit com fare.

It also featured Jack Cassidy as a 'foppish' (for want of a better word) character that is kind of set the pattern for Ted Baxter on the Mary Tyler Moore show.