GreaseSpot Cafe

The Nostalgia Thread

Sudo

Hiway29,

I'm sorry dude. I didn't *know* you only had a MAC :( . I'll never try to make you feel inferior about it, though, and being the magnanimous guy that I am (give me a minute.. I'm getting all choked up over myself) I've converted the file to something you *CAN* see... even on a lowly MAC. The file is quite a bit larger but just give it another minute or two to download. Click HERE! and feel like you're almost as good as us PC users :biglaugh: Hee-hee!

Now really... is there anybody here that didn't watch at least one episode of The Misadventures Of Sheriff Lobo?? This was fun stuff guys. And Geo.. what do you mean this was a Southern phenomenon? What? They didn't show Smokey And The Bandit movies up your way? They blocked out Sheriff Lobo on TV?? It was a NATIONAL phenomenon my man.. the rednecking of America <_>

And while we're on the subject, Geo, I'm getting a little offended at your running down C&W songs like they wuz white trash or something. They are wholesome American songs I'll have you know. Good God fearing titles like "If I Had Shot You When I Wanted To, I'd Be Out By Now" and "I'm So miserable Without You, It's Like Having You Here" or maybe "I Wouldn't Take Her To A Dog Fight, Cause I'm Afraid She'd Win" and "She Got The Ring and I Got The Finger"???? Uh, like yeah, Geo.. I'm mightily offended.

Hey Sushi!! Geo told you the name of the song but I KNOW what album you ripped that from and if its not too much trouble... could you post tracks 01 and 10?? That would be American Pie and Babylon if I'm not mistaken. And... a higher bit rate would be nice if you could swing it. Heck, 320 would be peachy with me. Hey.. good weekend for the thread, huh??

sudo

• Replies 7.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Kathy,

Those are REAL C&W songs, too. I wadn't making 'em up. There's also "I Got In At 2 With a 10, And Woke Up At 10 With a 2." and "My Wife Ran Off With My Best Friend, and I Sure Do Miss Him" :)

sudo (thinking how nice it is to have Geo around again)

This one will be easily recognized if you watched it. I enjoyed the show but can't recall many details now. HERE

I loved that show! Thank you Kathy. Studying the law (and loving it), I can certainly identify with the chase. It took a class from the 1st year of law school through the 3rd year, when the main charactors were on the Law Review (I think it took place at Harvard). The professor talking in the intro taught contracts.

By the way, on top of everything else that's going on right now, Thursday was my business law final (which was another name for contract law). I got an A, which gave me an A for the class! :jump:

congrats.gif
Kathy, Those are REAL C&W songs, too. I wadn't making 'em up. There's also "I Got In At 2 With a 10, And Woke Up At 10 With a 2." and "My Wife Ran Off With My Best Friend, and I Sure Do Miss Him" :)
sudo (thinking how nice it is to have Geo around again)
I swear I bet if you had them you'd play them wouldn't you? :biglaugh:And yup to your comment about Geo being around! :) Edited by ChattyKathy

Sushi,

Dang! You're right! Rick's server is down! :( . Here's my link (in case Hiway29 shows up) for Lobo on my church server... click HERE! I guess I'll have to wait on the tunes, Sushi. Were you able to rip 'em at a higher bit rate? I have a collection (as many of us do) on the hard drive. You know.. you could just e-mail e-m to me, too, and I could put 'em up tonight. Use the drbowden address... @lroom.org.

sudo

Hiway29,

I was just teasing you about the Mac. I make fun of Mac users because I don't know anything about Mac's myself. So, if I run down their machines that means I can remain ignorant and justify being ignorant, right? :blink: Say, were you able to watch the video intro that I converted to a MPG?? That's tough to do with the software I'm using!!

I'm tempted to say Walston is the better actor because he's totally believable in whatever part he's playing. He's the curmudgeon in Fast Times and the happy-go-lucky sailor in South Pacific. Bixby, on the other hand always comes across as a very nice good hearted type no matter how ANGRY he tries to appear in The Hulk fer instance. John Wayne had the same problem, IMO. He seemed to be the same character in every role.... just with a different name :) .

sudo

Hey guys!

George St George sent me a nice Fred Astaire Eleanor Powell clip and asked me to post it. So click HERE! and enjoy a bit of Americana of days past. Tap dancing really ain't my thing personally but I appreciate the art form. When I was a kid, parents of modest means (my parents fer example) would see that their children had a few advantages in life. Some got piano lessons. But a lot got dance lessons. I can still do a slap-ball-chain :) . Today?? Lots fewer dance lessons but the kids get to play soccer. Hmmm..

Thanks George!!

sudo