GreaseSpot Cafe

The Nostalgia Thread

Sudo

I can still do a slap-ball-chain :) .

Isn't that a step-ball-change? Yours sounds kinkier, though.

A friend had e-mailed me the Fred & Eleanor bit. What struck me the most was the incredible synchronization. You'd almost swear it was digital animation. Amazing.

George

And for extra credit:

Who was the narrator? (easy)

What was the song they were dancing to? (a little harder)

• Replies 7.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Thank you SaintGeorge and Sudo!

I love to watch tap dancing and Fred Astaire or especially Gene Kelly amaze me with their talent.

Their partners over the years have been incredible assets. Has anyone seen Judy Garland dance with them? She was great!

And even though I recognize the voice I can’t make it out, nor the song but I’ll keep thinking.

George,

Re:"Isn't that a step-ball-change?"

Well, maybe so but that's not how *I* heard it as a kid taking dance lessons :blink:. And as far as your Fred and Eleanor clip goes, what you thought would be easy, wasn't for me. I don't know WHO the narrator is. But.. I know the song. Let's just say that song begins something. You're right about the dancing.. as the narrator mentioned. They made it seem so effortless and I wonder how many takes it took to get it??

Hints on the narrator?? He DOES sound very familiar.

sudo

Cool! :)

Sushi, there was another thing that caught my eye while looking at her page. My brother graduated from the high school mentioned in New Port Richey which was the city he lived in. It was neat to see that familiar of something tied to someone I've grown to enjoy very much.

You're most kind but like that kid in love Ted Ferrell said about my voice....he'd rather hear the heart I put into it rather than quality of voice anytime. And on that I must :redface: admit I do give from deep inside when I sing but I know I haven't a good voice. I have favorites I like to sing with also. :wink2: