Sudo

• Replies 7.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

ah-Night Gallery

That was an hour show. The last hurrah for Rod Serling before his 7 pack a day (!!!) smoking habit caught up to him. (I'm almost positive I read that he smoked that much, though it probably wasn't THAT much). Cigarettes certainly cut his talented life short.

Kathy,

It seems you were indeed thinking of Night Gallery and I found a clip of the opening sequnce on You Tube. I have a question for all who remember both the Twilight Zone and Night Gallery... which one did you like the best? Which one had the spookier opening sequence? For me?? It was Twilight Zone hands down. Maybe it was because I was younger (about 8 years old) when The Twilight Zone came out and was more easily scarred than when Night Gallery came out.

sudo

Sudo,

When the original series was on my folks wouldn't let me watch it so it became a matter of hearing the opening music and sneaking into a position where unseen by my dad I could watch it and did so as often as possible. It was probably the more spookier than Night Gallery but it never caused me nightmares because I had my own version of nightmares going on at the time and they trumped that of television. But when Night Gallery came out I had just graduated high school and had been engaged for a year and soon to be married and it was more of a mental fascination to me than anything. Thus became my favorite of the two shows. I would love to see the reruns and may in time buy the series if not found.

Another show I loved was barnabasp.jpg and I hurried home from school to watch it, but again my folks didn't know that or I would have been forbidden.

Heading out to church now.............

Kathy

I to watched it daily............David Selby kept my heart a fluttering.

Have we decided what the t.v. show is yet????

Shadows of the night,

calling out to me.

Ca_Dreaming,

You've learned the rules of this thread well Grasshopper. You know the Victrola theme. But.. its NOT time for you to leave. I have one a notch up in difficulty for you though I want anyone else reading this thread to weigh in as well. Your answer told me you knew, though. Man.. you must be old! :biglaugh:

Click HERE! and name the radio show... oh, it was on TV too. And bonus points go to anyone who knows the composer right off with no help.

George St.George and I are both band people and I think he would agree with me that this theme is VERY difficult to play for the average musician. But.. in my opinion it is like musical onomatopoeia. The music sounds just like its name. Close your eyes and you can see it.

sudo

I couldn't even spell it with out looking!

Bulwinkl,

You have shown that you know a thing or two about

oldies on this thread. You should have been around when this

thread was at its height a few years ago. You'd have been a

Nostalgia 'star' without a doubt.

Here's a combo clip from one of the arguably best movies

ever made in Hollywood. I can say that because its one of my

favorites but I have plenty of folks agreeing with me, too.

I remember seeing this movie for the first time about 20

years ago with my best friend and didn't know the ending. IT

blew me away and no Hollywood movie has ever come close to

competing with its all time best ending ever, IMO.

You can't see it in this audio clip, of course, but Rick

nodding right after Victor says,"Play La Marseillaise".

Priceless. In fact the entire movie... priceless. I give

this movie a big 10 out of 10 rating. I can count on one

hand the number of movies that get that high a rating from

me. Click HERE!

sudo