The Nostalgia Thread

Sudo

• Replies 7.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I can't find "play it again sam" in that movie at all. The closest I find is "Play it Sam, If she can take it so can I" . Personally I blame Woody Allen for introducing this fallacy. and furthermore I attribute the decline of America to Woody Allen. It's all his fault.

I'm sure I'd been hearing "Play it again, Sam", long before the Woody Allen movie. It's one of those things that just crept into culture that was never actually said. Woody Allen can be blamed for alot of things, but gets a pass from me on this.

Oliver Hardy never said 'This is another fine mess you've gotten me into". A nice mess, another mess, and other variations, but not 'another fine mess'

Hey, Bulwinkl,

I really enjoy that movie, TRUE LOVE, or another line, AS YOU WISH.

Kathy,

Re:"I think this is the female....."

I don't think so. That looks a lot like Angela Lansbury to me. But in case I'm mistaken, here *IS* a picture of the lady in my link and isn't she beautiful? I'm not sure how old she is here but she lived to be nearly 100 years old. What a life she had.

ahn6.jpg

But both Georges have sharp ears for the actor... here he is singing his most famous song. Click HERE! I don't think he sang in any movies other than the ones I've presented here. As I see more of his movies the more I appreciate his talent because for the longest time I thought he was just a dolt. I like that I can learn new things even in my old age.

sudo

Hey, I've got a real trivia question now.

Having just watched "Gone with the Wind" for the gazillionth time, it struck me that the Union soldier that attacks Scarlett on the staircase of "Tarah" (and gets shot in the face by the demure Mizz Scarlett) was played by the actor Edgar Buchanan.

I'm almost postive of it, but I can find no reference to the fact anywhere. So, am I mistaken, or do the normal trivia repositories need an update?

Geo,

The guy DOES look like Uncle Joe doesn't he? But... its a guy named Paul Hurst. And where would you guys be without me to help out on these things, huh? :biglaugh: He indeed is on The Internet Movie Database but you have to know his Gone With The Wind character as "yankee deserter". Click HERE!

And here's the scene itself. I uploaded it to YouTube myself. And yes.. I just watched a lot of it again myself. The all time best movie that ever came out of Hollywood.... in my humble opinion, of course.

sudo