GreaseSpot Cafe

Bill O Reilly -- closet MOG wannabe??

alfakat

If you read the complaint and you have listened to the guy 3 or 4 times, what he is alleged to have said and the manner of his address and so forth ring very true. I find him to be a pompous, self-infatuated wind-bag know-it-all... and her allegations are spot on with his attitude and personality. Interesting that he is counter-suing for extortion ... but he does not seem to be screaming up and down she is a liar... at least, as far as I have heard, might be wrong on that. I rather detest him, true or no but I would not be surprised if they were.

Read all 22 pages and see if it does not sound like the guy does on tv; vain, full of himself and so paternally condescending... sound like any old moggies to you??????

ps all he needs now is a beat-up motorcoach and a toady, scum-bag driver or two.... icon_biggrin.gif:D-->

Okay, newsflash.....I just found out where the magic number of 60 million came from....

that is supposedly the amount of moola that O'Reilly brings into Fox News every year.

70's in Houston....sowwy, but, I really do think he looks like the screaming forehead, they are even the same height.

ror icon_biggrin.gif:D-->

That question crossed my mind, too, dmiller, but it's sorta like asking "Why did that girl who got raped wear such a short skirt?" It doesn't let old smug Bill off the hook (if he really behaved as alleged), whether she hung up or not. The rapist is still guilty regardless of what the person he attacked was wearing.

I would have not only hung up the phone, but I'd have first told him to buzz off and shove his job. But regardless of her reason for not hanging up and for continuing to go out to dinner with the alleged scumbag, he's the one responsible for his alleged behavior.

Alfakat said, "If you read the complaint and you have listened to the guy 3 or 4 times, what he is alleged to have said and the manner of his address and so forth ring very true. I find him to be a pompous, self-infatuated wind-bag know-it-all... and her allegations are spot on with his attitude and personality."

Boy, that's exactly what hit me when I read that document, alfa. Given his attitude, it wouldn't surprise me one bit if what this woman says is true. It just fits his obnoxious, egotistical personality perfectly.

I see things the same way Linda does. His attitude screams about how important he is....

Maybe she did hang up the phone the first few times it happened....maybe she didn't this time so somebody else could listen in too...or maybe she recorded it.

I saw the allegations but I don't see the proof other than perhaps his leaving his messages for her to call him back on answering machines. Since she is a producer of the show. This is a common occurrence for the producer and star to talk and even call each other at home for work-related issues. Not sure if she can prove her case unless she is like Linda Tripp and had it taped. If that is the case, O'Reilly is history.

On the subject of O'Reilly himself, I don't think he is all that bright, either. He consistently interrupts people he interviews, appears self-righteous, and cannot tell anything other than that about him.

Several questions: Why did she go back to work there after quitting in early 2004 (she did not complain to anyone prior to taking the job at CNN)if he was exhibiting this behavior then?

Why did she return to work there if she was exposed to this behavior previously (prior to Feb. 2004)?

After returning to work at Fox in August 2004, when the same behavior started again, why did she not complain about it to someone higher up at Fox?

Is it reasonable for a single woman to go to the hotel room of a married man to watch TV?

One thing for sure, O'Reilly is not very smart.

• 2 weeks later...

I cant understand why anyone even listens to O'Reilly in the first place. He's no more interesting than your average blowhard at work, has no compelling ideas or thoughts that I've eber heard, and for all of his 'no spin zone' blather, does nothing BUT spin. I can't imagine anyone sitting down to watch TV after working all day and looking at him.