GreaseSpot Cafe

There's No Jesus in Easter at TWI

Belle

Someone ever so kindly noticed that I haven't started a thread in soooo long,so I thought it was about time. icon_biggrin.gif:D-->

I went to the officia TWIt website. I found it velly velly interesting that here it is, Holy week / EASTER, the anniversary of Christ's death (and resurrection), but there isn't a single thing acknowledging that on the website. Usually they put up more than one topic a month if its something important. All they have is a article about reading the context. I guess Jesus really isnt a big part of way world is he?

You mean to tell me that they aren't at least reviewing Jesus Christ Our Passover for the one million, nine hundered ninety-nine thousand, nine hundered ninety-nineth time?

(Actually, I found that and Jesus Christ Our Promised Seed some of the better or more interesting books they had but hated the review techniques that most leadership liked to use - it reminded me of a second grade book report!)

Years ago I heard a young RFR talk about how mainstream religions celebrate Easter without any significant understanding of the events leading up to the resurrection of Christ. It was her view that only TWI had the "real" take on Easter and what it meant. The rest of her "teaching" was a boring talk on various "orientalisms", alleged "mistranslations" in the Bible, and how we should be grateful for things like PFAL and VPW (why was VPW , and later LCM, mentioned more than Jesus Christ?).

TWI has always been concerned with mind numbing details at the expense of the larger message. While salvation isn't earned its a sure bet that TWI thinks it is. Jesus greatly simplified the complicated law associated with having a relationship with God yet TWI ,instead of honoring that, wished to abstract JC ("the absent Christ") and reintroduce complicated procedure and legalism just to make sure you use their twisted apparatus as a means to be "in fellowship".

Of course participation in that apparatus cost you money and lots of it. It also meant you had to kiss the right a$$ at the right time to insure more of those rewards at the "bema". Since when did salvation become a quest for rewards ? Only TWI emphasizes this aspect of eternal life ,which serves to underscore their greedy mentality and fascination with materialism. No other mainstream religion is obsessed with "rewards" in the afterlife to the extent that TWI is.

Isn't eternal life enough ? Not for TWI it isn't. Its all about more,more, more though something tells me that some of those people at the top of TWI won't even be at the bema and might in fact be in a "warmer" place.

If there is anything conceptually close to the concept of Pharisess in the 21st century then it is surely TWI leadership.

quote:
I went to the official TWIt website. I found it velly velly interesting that here it is, Holy week / EASTER, the anniversary of Christ's death (and resurrection), but there isn't a single thing acknowledging that on the website.

As well there should not be.

Everything that emenates from Box 328 New Knoxville (these days, and in the past decade or two), is all about the BELIEVER'S accomplishments, and not Christ's.

They will make cursory comments about how Jesus "Blazed the Trail", but the accolades for Him and His accomplishments soon dwindle in significance to the more magnanimous statements about:

YOU need to work the *Word* (ie - the twi publicatons) to see the greatness;

YOU need to give more than the Old Testament tithe requirement, if you want God's blessing;

YOU have to believe, if you want to receive;

YOU must speak in tongues daily, before you receive revelation;

YOU -- this;

YOU -- that;

In other words -- it is all about YOU doing what THEY tell you, regardless of what YESHUA said or did. Twi is a works based *ministry*. If I were a construction worker like Geo -- I would make the analogy that they (twi) think Jesus laid the foundation, but we *workman* have to make sure that the edifice is solid because of what we do, rather than depending on the foundation laid many years ago.

I think that twi has forgotten the simple command of "Ask, and ye shall receive". Oh -- wait a minute -- let me quote that correctly:

quote:
Matthew 7:7-8

Ask and it shall be given you; seek, and ye shall find; Knock, and it shall be opened unto you:

For every one that asketh receiveth; and he that seeketh findeth; and to him that knocketh, it shall be opened.

And then in Matthew there, Jesus goes into that magnificent Orientalism about the discerning Father who gives what is needed to his children when they ask for it.

NOT worked (mind you), but asked!

They don't mention Jesus much on the *official* site -- cause salvation, and deliverance would then be just too easy, don't cha know?

David

Happy Easter, Everyone.

I hope the pagan Easter Bunny was good to you all (really just the Easter Bunny)

I don't think the twi would dare put their thinking or teachings about Easter on the web site. That would start to show what kind or group they are.

Whomever goes to that website whether it is a referral from someone here or if they are trying to save a loved one in, or one thinking of going in. They (twi) try and make themselves look as main stream as possible (a wolf in sheeps clothing). How many people do you all think their website alone has recruited? I bet a big fat 0. Atleast this place and Waydale can boast they got people out and exposed some of the evils of twi and be proud of it.

Another Easter out of TWI!

At my church, my pastor talked exclusively about Christ and his ressurection. He talked about how Genesis and John were mirrored in each other in talking about the salvation story and Christ's role in creation.

Also, do you know which day God did not call good?

I beg to differ def:

quote:
Sunday

Gen 1:1 In the beginning God created the heaven and the earth.

Gen 1:2 And the earth was without form, and void; and darkness was upon the face of the deep. And the Spirit of God moved upon the face of the waters.

Gen 1:3 And God said, Let there be light: and there was light.

Gen 1:4 And God saw the light, that it was good: and God divided the light from the darkness.

Gen 1:5 And God called the light Day, and the darkness he called Night. And the evening and the morning were the first day.We have a "good" on Sunday

quote:
Monday

Gen 1:6 And God said, Let there be a firmament in the midst of the waters, and let it divide the waters from the waters.

Gen 1:7 And God made the firmament, and divided the waters which were under the firmament from the waters which were above the firmament: and it was so.

Gen 1:8 And God called the firmament Heaven. And the evening and the morning were the second day.No "good" on Monday

quote:
Tuesday

Gen 1:9 And God said, Let the waters under the heaven be gathered together unto one place, and let the dry land appear: and it was so.

Gen 1:10 And God called the dry land Earth; and the gathering together of the waters called he Seas: and God saw that it was good.

Gen 1:11 And God said, Let the earth bring forth grass, the herb yielding seed, and the fruit tree yielding fruit after his kind, whose seed is in itself, upon the earth: and it was so.

Gen 1:12 And the earth brought forth grass, and herb yielding seed after his kind, and the tree yielding fruit, whose seed was in itself, after his kind: and God saw that it was good.

Gen 1:13 And the evening and the morning were the third day. TWO "goods" on Tuesday

quote:
Wednesday

Gen 1:14 And God said, Let there be lights in the firmament of the heaven to divide the day from the night; and let them be for signs, and for seasons, and for days, and years:

Gen 1:15 And let them be for lights in the firmament of the heaven to give light upon the earth: and it was so.

Gen 1:16 And God made two great lights; the greater light to rule the day, and the lesser light to rule the night: he made the stars also.

Gen 1:17 And God set them in the firmament of the heaven to give light upon the earth,

Gen 1:18 And to rule over the day and over the night, and to divide the light from the darkness: and God saw that it was good.

Gen 1:19 And the evening and the morning were the fourth day. WE have a "good" on Wed(hump)nesday

quote:
Thursday

Gen 1:20 And God said, Let the waters bring forth abundantly the moving creature that hath life, and fowl that may fly above the earth in the open firmament of heaven.

Gen 1:21 And God created great whales, and every living creature that moveth, which the waters brought forth abundantly, after their kind, and every winged fowl after his kind: and God saw that [it was] good.

Gen 1:22 And God blessed them, saying, Be fruitful, and multiply, and fill the waters in the seas, and let fowl multiply in the earth.

Gen 1:23 And the evening and the morning were the fifth day. another "good" - on Thursday!

quote:
Friday

Gen 1:24 And God said, Let the earth bring forth the living creature after his kind, cattle, and creeping thing, and beast of the earth after his kind: and it was so.

Gen 1:25 And God made the beast of the earth after his kind, and cattle after their kind, and every thing that creepeth upon the earth after his kind: and God saw that it was] good.

Gen 1:26 And God said, Let us make man in our image, after our likeness: and let them have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over the cattle, and over all the earth, and over every creeping thing that creepeth upon the earth.

Gen 1:27 So God created man in his own image, in the image of God created he him; male and female created he them.

Gen 1:28 And God blessed them, and God said unto them, Be fruitful, and multiply, and replenish the earth, and subdue it: and have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over every living thing that moveth upon the earth.

Gen 1:29 And God said, Behold, I have given you every herb bearing seed, which is upon the face of all the earth, and every tree, in the which is the fruit of a tree yielding seed; to you it shall be for meat.

Gen 1:30 And to every beast of the earth, and to every fowl of the air, and to every thing that creepeth upon the earth, wherein there is life, I have given every green herb for meat: and it was so.

Gen 1:31 And God saw every thing that he had made, and, behold, it was very good. And the evening and the morning were the sixth day. Thank God it's "good" on Friday

Unless Sunday wasn't "the first day"

Edited by Oakspear