GreaseSpot Cafe

Are you ever to old for?

mj412

Normally I just ignore mj and skip her posts, but I've just got to say:

I'm so glad you're the authority on what's right & wrong! And what's best for people you don't know squat about! Thank God you post here or we'd be lost in sin and selfishness. Your passive-aggressive attitude is a case study in and of itself.

quote:
to deprive a child of his other parent because your turning 60 is a tad selfish if you ask me.

Who said someone is depriving a child of his other parent? Just because your sister's husband died doesn't mean every man is going to die early. Many people live to be 100 years old these days, mj. icon_wink.gif;)-->

Just because you had a hard time and, apparently unsuccessful go at being a single mom doesn't mean everyone else is the same way. Just because you think it's wrong or too hard to put a kid through having it out of wedlock or raise one on your own, doesn't mean it's true. There are many successful, happy, well-adjusted kids out there who were raised by one parent, foster parents and even just grandparents. Who the heck do you think you are to judge these people??? I don't get you, woman. With your attitude you'd be better served running a fellowship somewhere with other TWIts.

MJ,

Based on your responses, obviously they are not from a person who is compassionate in this category or life or of one who tries to walk in the other person's shoes. For you to say selfishness is a reason for older people to have children is completely ridiculous.

But I am done discussing this with you. I won't waste my time with you. It seems you have like debating with people on all your threads lately.

There are certainly worse things than being raised by a parent who adores you, even if you lose that beloved parent early...they gave you love, they gave you life....I don`t see that as selfish.

Heck my grandmother was adopted by an elderly childless couple....probably close to the age of the woman mentioned....she was doted upon, a blessing to be cherished...

There is something to be said for more *mature* parents...they have their heads aon alot better than many couples when they start their family.

I have seen many married couples that treat their kiddoes like burdens.....two parents isn`t the magical key to childhood happiness.

My Mom did a pretty damn good job by herself when my Dad left.

quote:
TheSongRemainsTheSame

posted November 21, 2004 20:38

Aleta St. James obviously has quite a substantial cash flow as well as clients to insure her twins are well taken care.

just a thot

>>>

excathedra

posted November 21, 2004 20:42

it's nobody's goddamn business, is it ?

oh i am in a foul mood

please forgive me

(i'm really upset about other stuff)

>>>

TheSongRemainsTheSame

posted November 21, 2004 20:47

i exit this thread

>>>

excathedra

posted November 22, 2004 05:42

song, my post wasn't directed at you at all. i hope you read this. (i think my father might be dying. that's what i had on my mind last night. i'm sorry it seemed like i was talking to you. i was not.)

Oh my my, never thot that at all!!! I just exited the thread and that's all... i thot~~~

I was cruising this thread last night and saw your reply to me.

"I'll check this out later. Did I say something offensive?" I said to meself last night~~~ for it was becomeing fast past my dreams.

And here I am NOW and read the thread again and nopper I said nothing offensive. And Nopper EXC did I think your post was directed at me.

If it were , I would thinks we would have a peace pipe smoking for sure!!!

I have empathy with you concerning dying dads. I had one say later on this year.

Pray tell how are you EXC?

sweetwildsoul

...if there is only one breath left, what else is there to say?...

author unknown

I wonder a lot of things about this woman! But we shouldn't be judging her.

I wonder inside my own head, what could I do if I were she, and there's lots of things I think I would rather do than raise twins, but then, I'm not her.

I know a number of young couples we used to traditionally think were of child bearing potential, and they're not postponing children, they don't seem to want them...various reasons apply.

What concerns me a whole lot more than a woman of her age wanting and bearing children is what appears to be a disproportioal distribution of the children that are born!

It seems that very young unmarried women have a larger proportion of babies than older couples who are financially and domestically (by tradition) apparantly better prepared. The repercussions on society are probably obvious.