GreaseSpot Cafe

Death for Scott Peterson

Shellon

There are still cases where an innocent person goes to jail even with our current forensic technologies - it will happen no matter what, the system will never be perfect.

But our system is a durn sight better than most of the other systems out there.

But there is something you should realize about those folks that are innocent that go to prison. The majority of those people were/are in the system already for some other infraction. So even though they may be innocent of the crimes for which they are incarcerated, they are still guilty of other crimes for which they weren't caught.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

quote:
I just read of a woman who killed her husband many years ago by slowly poisoning him. Recently her boyfriend died of the same symptoms. When coroner determined cause, they reopened her husbands death records. She has now been convicted of the boyfriend's murder.

And how did your third husband die, Maam?

He wouldn't eat the mushrooms........

Dearest dovey,

I watched on court tv and other shows also. I do believe that he is guilty. I was just saying that there have been other instances where years down the road they found the person was not guilty.

So I totally agree with you.

I also agree that he is a scumbag and all the circumstances definitely show he did it.

But, what if?

quote:

He's already said "I'll be out in a year" how arrogant is that?"

Really??? Papers have reported that he is upbeat and cheerful and helpful. SHEESH, he is such a narcissist that ANY attention is worth it!

Don't know if any of you remember this, but long ago the investigators talked with a former college friend of his. This friend said that he had a conversation with Scott back in the early-to-mid 90's about murder. Scott said that if he ever did that, he'd weigh down the arms and head and throw them into water. They would eventually rot off and no one could identify the victim. Because this was a conversation that couldn't be substantiated, it never resurfaced.

If true, I doubt that Peterson ever took into account that DNA could still be used to identify Laci's remains as being related to Sharon Rocha, and through that, Connor's remains could be postively identified as being half Rocha and half Peterson.

My heart breaks for both families. The Rocha's who lost their daughter and grandson; the Peterson's whom I believe have lived in denial and covered for Scott for many years. They just cannot see or admit what he is.

One more thing; he has a brother who refused to attend any of these proceedings. It was written that his brother Mark believes he is guilty. What does that say??

Laci was adopted? I've never read that. She and her brother are full siblings and children of Sharon; her sister Amy is half-sibling--all three have the same father, hence the same last name.

I read about brother named Mark in one of the many publications I've been following and cataloged that information. His siblings are all half siblings; he's the child of both parents and they had 3 kids each from prior marriages. Interestingly, I only read of two [and their spouses] who spoke for him at the final time of witnesses on his behalf.

I used to be with a sociopath; they are strange but most don't take it to murder and then let everyone around them scramble to save them. Meanwhile, they sit and relish all the attention. Scott wanted to be a famous golfer [celebrity]. Today, he is a celebrity of sorts and is so disconnected from the enormity of how he obtained that status.

I was watching "Demolition Man" starring Sylvester Stallone early this morning. In this movie, prisoners are placed in cryogenic stasis until they come up for parole. One of the prisoners listed in deep freeze was Scott Peterson.

I wondered if I had been half asleep and had been dreaming, so, of course I Googled to see if anyone else had noticed this.

And of course they did - this is just one of the many sites that came up:

Scott in Deep Freeze

Weird!

That's interesting that she was adopted. How does that happen if her dad is still around and in the picture? Her brother said they spent lots of time at her dad's place in a nearby town.

I know her step dad came to live with them when she was two. Lately they've referred to him as her mother's companion, not husband.

Not that any of this matters in the big scheme of the awful double murder.