GreaseSpot Cafe

Death for Scott Peterson

Shellon

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

When I said "exile" I meant to a presently uninhabited place! Something like what a penal colony could be (in my mind, anyway)

I'm talking about all really violent crimes! Put them all together in a place where if they escape they'll probably die trying. No supervision of any kind to keep "order". Let them struggle to supply their own food and shelter. Once they're there...they are on their own. They don't respect out society and also don't belong here if they can't learn how.

So - - let them try to form their own society!

I'm not worried about folks like Scott Petersen because he was tried and judged according to his peers in this soociety and this society found him guilty.

If we exhile him to another place, let them (his new peers) do whatever they will! Let them deal with each other. If they have such little respect for life, once they're "there", (wherever that is) why should I care about making sure they are fed, housed, and protected from each other.

With all due respect, then....let the bleeding heart liberals feed,house, and otherwise protect and preserve the health of the monster!

I pay enough in taxes as it is...so that I can afford only the minimum in health insurance. I have no trouble feeding and housing a criminal who has a posibility of retuning to society and contributing to it....but not the likes of these super violent kinds.

they are anti-social and would kill one another off if left to their own disciplines. they kill one another enough in the system that is why they are seperate than the rest of the population. It is inhumane to leave them to care for one another how would they eat or get medical help?

I think peterson could be a young ted bundy a spoiled brat who wants his own way and if he would have been found inncocent he may do it again.

But Oj simpson did the same thing in a passion killing I believe and has lived on without issue. so I do not know.

Okay, I understand why some folks take issue with my thoughts about 'Exile" and isolation for these criminals.

I'm only describing how I think of this. Don't vote for me in a election, 'cause this is what I would try to accomplish! But that doesn't mean that I don't respect your opinion.

This is just the way I see it. I cannot believe that the likes of these crininals consider it humane to be in prison for life either.

Some people mention specific names...I don't always remember names, I do remember crimes though. The kinds of criminals I would send to exile (the way I described it) would be: serial killers; serial rapists; all those who killed anybody while driving drunk; and drug dealers who have caued overdose deaths as well as anyone who killed or maimed a polieceman or fireman in the line of duty as well as those who commit premeditated murder. (personally, I would decriminalize all drugs....yep I would...then I would tax them, just like cigarettes and alcohol are taxed today)

We can't do anything about O.J., he's been tried and found not guilty, whether you agree with it or not, legally he's not guilty.

That's how I feel about it, and there's probably nothing that can change my mind about it. I understand the opinions of those who think otherwise, and I respect them...and I respect the owners of these opinions....it's just that we don't agree. I guess we'll have to live with it.

quote:
Originally posted by waterbuffalo:

quote:
. Is Scott going to be in a position to continue to murder from inside San Quentin?

Yeppers, Mark. Happens all the time.

Allow me to rephrase this...Is Scott going to be in a position to continue to murder innocent people (non-convicted felon types) from inside San Quentin?

(Although frankly, I think he is far more likely to be somebody's girlfriend until he dies from a hemmorage from a certain orifice normally used for another purpose)

Uh if aother state wants to send them to another state to live in my state ( California) who pays the taxes to keep them. It should be the state where he was convicted, we have overcrowding as it is and our taxes are high enough without taking out of state prisoners.

As for Scott Peterson I was hoping they would give him life w/o parole so the other prisoners could have a go at him like they did Jeffrey Dahmler. Its much quicker than the death penalty to get him the death sentance and I think until they (the other prisoners) kill his arrogant a$$. Plus he would have been sentanced to Pelican Bay the worst of the so called super prisons. They only take the worst of the worst prisoners there and after the got done "using" him there they would likely kill him as some of you said they don't like baby killers.

COWBOY I agree with you I wish Ca. was more like Texas, can we send him to ya'll to execute if we pay for it?

I'm hearing right now on court tv that ole Scottie is throwning up his guts as we speak and according to a recently released prisoner he has lost his arrogance and swagger.

In my opinion civil society who sets the rules then would be in the same frame of thinking as those they wish to kill. to toture another to wish suffering on another to allow them to fend for their own sick twisted mind show a lack of compassion for humanity and is what drives these very acts to begin with.

I don't wish suffering on anyone. But I just wonder how much suffering he imposed on Laci. And the suffering for both families were caused by Scott and they will suffer for the rest of thier lives because of him and they are the one's I feel for, his poor mother is really suffering too not just Laci's family he destroyed many lives by what he did and lets not forget poor Conner who never got to live because he was killed by HIS OWN FATHER. In the end he will have to answer to God for that.

quote:
It is inhumane to leave them to care for one another how would they eat or get medical help?

IMO, they shoulda thought about that BEFORE they committed their crimes. BOO HOOO!! I killed innocent people and now I can't find any food or medical help....

They phocking don't deserve to have tax payers paying for it.

Belle you hit it right on the head there. I just wonder what went thru Laci's mind when she realized her own husband and the father of their child was murdering not only her but there baby too. None of us know how he killed her, did she suffer? did he beat her to death? strangle what? we don't have a clue as to what he may have done to her unless he confesses which I doubt he will do. He's already said "I'll be out in a year" how arrogant is that?

In this case the reason I am against the death penalty is because I keep thinking that maybe somehow he is innocent.

I agree and believe that he did murder laci, but what if we are wrong?

Yes he is a cad and thoughtless but does that make for a murderer?

I keep on thinking of this one man who was a doctor, that was convicted of murdering his wife and it really did look like he did it. He spent many years in prison. Then they found out he was really innocent.

All of the evidence pointed to this man and everyone knew for sure he had to have done it.

Again, I say all the evidence looks like he did do it, but what if he really is innocent?

Amen Shell, not to mention a grieving concerned husband wouldn`t order all of the play boy/nudie channels within a few days of the mysterious dissapearance of his wife and son.....pretend he is in paris while talking to his lover on the phone while attending Lacy`s candle light vigil (now THERES an exhibition of deep concern)........ice cold don`t even describe this sleaze.

quote:
Originally posted by dmiller:

quote:
where is the right in taking a life? The apostle paul was a christian killer and he didn't get death

Good point -- but Jesus was the "judge and jury" in that particular case. I hear what you are saying Berry, and I have mixed emotions about it too, though I do think the correct sentence was handed down.

Actually,

Jesus 'sentenced' Paul to a life of hard labour and a martyrdom at the end.

Depending on how you look at it, he either DID get death,

or got L-WOPPed (Life WithOut Possibility of Parole).

Also, Paul "was consenting" to the death of Stephen-

he didn't personally strangle the life of an expectant mother.

Finally, premeditation counts for a lot.

That is an interesting note about Paul, he didnt volunteer for his position in the bible story did he? He started his journey by being strcuk blind and led without choice to another who TOLD him what he was to do with his life, if he was going to ever be able to see again.

That is a bit of a threat to your life and sanity isnt it? also his life was not one of peace love and joy he suffered a great deal and was held captive and without any freedom for many years till he died.

I wonder if he ever tried to do what he wanted in those years after his encounter with the Lord and what the consequence would have been Im sure he knew the power he was dealing with at that point.

I sort of like the Devil's Island kind of concept, like in the movie Papillon. Don't we still own some island in the S. Pacific that is uninhabited and 1,000 miles from nowhere?

I think we do...a whole chain...called the Bikini Islands...

We could land the prisoners on the island, airdrop food and water to them, and leave them to their own devices...

Naturally, only those convicted on a life sentence (w/o parole) and those who have graduated to 3-strikes-you're-out status.

Vickles my good friend, please be real the guy was a psycopath--leagally not insane. and how much more evidence do you need to figure the guy was guilty as sin, I don't know what you got from the news where you live but here in Calif. I and alot of others watched the trial very closely for 2 years daily on court tv and other stations. At first I didn't beleive he did it either but as evidence grew I came to see he was the only one that could have done it and incriminated himself all over the place. Love Ya, Girlfreind, Dovey

PS. please send me you e-mail addy, the one I have is no longer in use. and I still have the same yahoo IM.

Free Mumia!

There's NOBODY that's guilty in prison - just ask ANYONE that's in a prison. They'll ALL tell you that they're innocent.

On balance, waaaaay more people are in prison for just cause than for not. The percentage of people in prison that are truly innocent is *very* small.

I understand Excathie and I agree. However I think you'll find those who are truly innocent, have been in jail since before things like DNA and other forensic evidence has been utilized.

Jurors did the best they could with what they had.

But with our modern day abilities, I don't think it's likely that that will happen again.