GreaseSpot Cafe

Hi!

Frankee

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I mean really.

They think they can put anything on a pizza and still call it a pizza. I say that we need to take a stand for the integrity of the pie! I mean, Giussepe has a purpose for every slice, where he slices it. Add a pineapple to the pizza and do you still have a pizza? No. Scratch it out! The pizza, the pizza and nothing but the pizza!

Okay Raf!!!

Ya remove the stem from the marchino cherries.

Selectively place them, not the stems, onto the bed of seething anchovies. Place a few of those bar umbrellas and viola one helluva pizza I dare say is not on the menue.

And is'nt pizza indigenous to the USofA with the exception Alaska, Hawaii, Cuba, Jamiaca, Puerto Rico, Haiti, Mexico & Canada? I suppose i should'a said intercontinental~~~ (oh my that's a big word man)

Kewl Thread

Thanks Frankiee~~~ U da Kewl!!!

Song

Umm. Song Remains The Same. I hate to say this, but, it's V-O-I-L-A, pronounced "vwa-la", not V-I-O-L-A, pronounced "vee-oh-lah" which is a musical instrument, very much like a violin. I thought that maybe you would like to know that. Sorry.

And now, let's build that pizza! I say put lotsa pepperoni on it. And maybe some Spam?

Frankee

Now I am quite the tolerant fellow when it comes to pizza, and what goes on it (MUCH to Raf's purist chagrin icon_wink.gif;)-->), .....

BUT, when Spam (((shudder))) is added to the mix here, ... Hey, I'm sorry, but *something* has gotta GO. And that Spam, complete with that geletin *gunk* that comes with it? icon_redface.gif:o--> I mean, we're talking flagerant EPA violations here. Chemical weapons of mass destruction!

icon_eek.gif

icon_smile.gif:)-->

Umm. Sorry bout that spelling thing. That was a bit rude I guess. And when it comes to Spam, I know you are right. But, I have liked it since I was a kid, and I can't say no to it sometimes. Maybe I should just be a closet Spam eater and not tell others about it. But, that gelatin gunk is not so bad. What you do on a sammich is spread it on the toast like butter and then put the spam and eggs on it. icon_wink.gif;)-->

Well frankee, I think if you lived in this area you would learn to hate spam. I live near austin mn where hormel is and when I go to austin I nearly gag by the smell...no more spam for me!!!!! But you may like it anyways.

There is even a spam museum that you may enjoy.

quote:
Originally posted by GarthP2000:

BUT, when Spam (((shudder))) is added to the mix here, ... Hey, I'm sorry, but *something* has gotta GO. And that Spam, complete with that geletin *gunk* that comes with it? icon_redface.gif:o--> I mean, we're talking flagerant EPA violations here. Chemical weapons of mass destruction! icon_eek.gif

LMAO icon_biggrin.gif:D-->

I can understand the problems with spam, but I don't understand all of this emphasis on tomatoes?

What about the classic "pizza bianca", huh? (pizza dough, olive oil, garlic, rosemary, and cheese)

That was my favorite in Italy.

But if you feel like you must do tomatoes, don't forget about the classic toppings: eggplant, artichoke, and arrugula (done singularly, not all on the same pizza)

That's some good eating for ya.

ChattyKathy, the pizza thing is MUCH better than the SPAM thing, though, doncha think? icon_wink.gif;)-->

Frankee, I'm a closet spammer, myself, but I don't use the gelatin stuff, I use mayo and I put the slices in the frying pan after the eggs are done to brown it. (eggs have to be runny by the way)

I haven't had it in a long time, though. *shudder* Not since we depleted our Y2K PREPARATION KIT icon_rolleyes.gif:rolleyes:-->

Now about that pizza:

I like mine with lettuce and tomato, Heinz 57 and French-fried potatoes....

Sorry....wrong food but good song...

How about basil? Can we have fresh basil or basil pesto on the pizza?

Belle-

I was only joking about smearing the "gelatinous Spam goo" on my toast first. I like Spam just the way you described it. I only said that so that GarthP could imagine doing the same and gobbling it on down! Hah!

And now, for that pizza. I highly recommend putting sliced and diced Spam on top of a Hawaiin Delight pizza, putting it in the oven, and then serving it piping hot to.....Raf? Hahaha!http://www.spamgift.com/ProductDetails.aspx?productID=1026

quote:
... because it doesn't exist.

Ah HAAA, a pineapple pizza atheist.

Or is that a-pineapplepizzaist?

Adrywaterist?

...... Oh well, having nowhere else to go with this, off I go to munch on *real* pineapple pizza, ... which really does exist, thank you very much.

icon_cool.gif

Hi Frankee!! I don't say too much myslef-except when I read a long thread that makes me shriek with laughter every few seconds and I must explain to spouse (who is from Ireland where they only have 2 cults) and he doesn't get me some days anyway they I gotta explain what is making me laughter and shreik, and hold my stomach and it's youse guys - the pineapple lovers would be taken out & whacked if they ordered pineapple pizza in the bronx-But Where is the discussion about who's BBQ is the best? Did I miss it or sleep through it? I am orginally from KC MO and We Have the best BBQ in the world. Gates & Son's in KC -When I got pregnant the first time, I begged pleaded for that sauce. Even was nice to a girl I had known in High School to get ahold of a bottle.

enough about me-Welcome to the little corner of the world that we at least understand what a twig meant to some of us some of the time.

Aww gee Andrea, thanks for the kind welcome! And yes this has become a funny discussion for sure! And ya know, speaking of barbecue, I once went to the "XIT Rodeo" in Dalhart Texas, and participated in the worlds largest pit barbecue. They had dug a big old deep pit, got tons of mesquite branches burning, and then put these football sized chunks of beef covered in wet burlap in there and then covered it all up with dirt and let it slow cook for a couple of days. And when they uncovered it, they had to use a couple of backhoes to get to it, and then, once they dug them out, the meat was oh so fine! And best of all, it was free! There were lines and lines of people at these long tables where you got a plate full of beef, Texas barbecue pinto beans and a couple of big old tortillas to go with it. Then there was the beer kegs too. It was a grand party and an excellent rodeo too! Now I am sure that there is lots of excellent BBQ in this world, but that was some of the best I ever had.

Better than Spam! icon_biggrin.gif:D-->