GreaseSpot Cafe

Divine Humor

Sudo

In spite of what the preacher said, obviously he was not beleeeevin'! Else why would the Almighty lift his hand off him? He was probably keeping some of that tithing money for hisself...just like them folks in the book of Axe...what was their names agin? Oh yeah, Anus and Saphire...they kept some of the shekles for themselves and Gawd struck em down fast...I'm bettin' the same happened to this preacher fella...Gawd don't let nobody mess with the money!

quote:
Really, didn't you feel so bad because killing him felt so good? Think about it, but don't worry about it. Why shouldn't it feel good? It must feel good to God - He does it all the time, and are we not made in His image?

You may have noticed in the paper yesterday, God dropped a church roof on thirty-four of His worshipers in Texas Wednesday night--just as they were groveling through a hymn. Don't you think that felt good?

Makes you wonder, eh?

A friend of mine (bass player for a little bluegrass/country trio) always said that when it was his time to go, he wanted it to be on stage, doing what he loved best - playing music.

Well -- he and his group were performing one of their regular Saturday night gigs at a small bar here in town, and he asked the guitar player to do a certain song, saying that was one of his all time favorites. They didn't use a set list, so Don (the guitar player) swung right into it, and halfway through the 2nd verse, Joe collapsed over his bass, face down on the floor.

There were a couple of paramedics in the audience, and by the time they got to Joe, he was gone. He got his wish, but it sure ruined the night for everyone else. icon_frown.gif:(-->

Reminds me of how quickly my wife went when she died. One minute - bright, cheery, and lucid as she spoke to her step sister and I. Next minute, we're trying to revive her and calling 9-1-1 to get help. She went THAT quickly. icon_frown.gif:(-->

Nope, I don't think it has anything to do with "Divine Humor". When your time is up, it's up. Your DONE! icon_eek.gif

Just a morbid thought...

Steve.

Â¥

The guy was 69 years old and had heart surgery 5 years earlier. When did TWI ever say we could believe to live forever in THIS life?

Basketball player Pistol Pete Maravich was 40 years old, working out in a gym, told someone he felt great, and fell down dead of a heart attack. Think that's funny, too?

When my time comes that's how I want to go,

stoned and fat and wealthy and sittin' on the bowl...(line from a song called "Goin' to Graceland" by the Dead Milkmen)

"I wouldn't mind dying in a plane crash. It would be a good way to go. I just don't want to die of old age or OD or drift off in my sleep...I want to feel what it's like. I want to taste it, hear it, smell it. Death is only going to happen once. I don't want to miss it."

- Jim Morrison

johniam,

Re:"The guy was 69 years old and had heart surgery 5 years earlier. When did TWI ever say we could believe to live forever in THIS life?"

Though I know you posted to disagree with me, I'm glad you did, johniam, because you need a warning. You are in danger of Hell Fire! I've read your posts. Know what you believe and you DON'T believe in the Biblical Jesus.

How can you be so arrogant to think that by believeing in a Jesus that less than 1% of Christians accept, you can still go to Heaven? You need to get down on your knees (like VPW said he had done) and ask forgiveness.

But God tells me things, johniam, and he's already told me YOU are doomed for Hellfire when you die. I hope you get right with the Lord.

sudo