GreaseSpot Cafe

No Kid Rock at Inauguration Concert

Pirate1974

The First Twins, Jenna and Barbara Bush, are "sponsoring" a concert called America's Future Rocks Today on January 18th as part of daddy's inauguration celebration.

For weeks its been rumored that Kid Rock would be invited to perform since the twins are supposed to be fans of his and Kid has come out as a Bush supporter.

Well, apparently, some folks don't consider Kid Rock to be quite right for the family values crowd. An intense e-mail campaign by members of the Campaign for Children of Families (?) and the American Family Association led to the announcement that Kid hasn't been invited and never would have been. Of course, this rumor has been going around for more than two weeks and it was just announced Thursday, so the AFA is congratulating themselves for their "Kid Rock Victory."

Whatever. The lineup now includes Gloria Estefan, Hilary Duff (yawn), JoJo (who?), Three Doors Down, and Ruben Studdard. No controversy there.

Hard to know which of Kid Rock's R-rated lyrics might have prompted the e-mails, but here's a sample from his "Pimp of the Nation:"

Pimp of the Nation, I could be it

As a matter of fact, I foresee it

But only pimpin' hoes with the big tush

While you be left pimpin' Barbara Bush

Oops.

Weird, Bush being a Texas dude and Kid Rock wantin' to be a cowboy I'd have thought they'd be a good match. icon_cool.gif Now that Kid Rock's doin' honky tonkin' arena rock with Hank Jr and all that, you know the Bush and the Rock are bound to meet up somewhere down the trail!

quote:
Originally posted by socks:

Weird, Bush being a Texas dude and Kid Rock _wantin' to be a cowboy_ I'd have thought they'd be a good match.

I guess you're right. Bush pretends to be a Texan, when he's really a wussy little cheerleader alcoholic coward from a rich new england family. Kid Rock is a wimpy little fake redneck who dated one of the trashiest women alive (Pamela Anderson) and thinks that he's tough. Both are poseurs, both are lame, both are horrible at their jobs, and both can go to hell.

They're welcome to each other.

Mister P-Mosh, I'm on the floor icon_biggrin.gif:D-->

I do think that Kid Rock would be a better show than whoever or whatever JoJo is though, but that might be like saying a train wreck is preferable to seeing a car wreck because there's more smoke and metal.

If the Li'l Bush's really want to rock the house as the kids say they could still get Train to sing "Drops of Jupiter" for the 10,000th time while jets fly over and spell out "Oil - It's What's For Dinner".

icon_biggrin.gif:D-->

I LOVE KID ROCK, LOVE KID ROCK, LOVE KID ROCK. He is ugly, skinny, and has creepy hair, but damn, he ROCKS! icon_razz.gif:P-->

He coulda even got me to watch something related to the innauguration.icon_frown.gif:(-->

Guess I will just have to watch the Discovery Health channel or sumpin.

ror

Oh wow, maybe this should have gone on the 10 things thread" icon_wink.gif;)-->

The funny thing to me about all this that apparently it was OK for Kid Rock to be part of a USO tour in 2003 that performed for troops in Kuwait and Iraq. Don't remember any big fuss about that.

And it was OK for him to headline a party at the Republican National Convention this past August at which the Bush twins were spotted partyin' down. Didn't see any editorials about that one.

Of course there were votes at stake then, and now that they've all been counted (more or less) folks are outraged that Kid would even be considered for the inaugural.

quote:

Mister P-Mosh, I'm on the floor icon_biggrin.gif:D-->

I'm glad. Although what I said was accurate, it was said with my tongue firmly planted in my cheek.

quote:

I do think that Kid Rock would be a better show than whoever or whatever JoJo is though, but that might be like saying a train wreck is preferable to seeing a car wreck because there's more smoke and metal.

Kid Rock was good when he first came out, but he ended up being almost like a Vanilla Ice very quickly. I forget what he did, but there was something really stupid that he said that made me lose any respect for him. It might have been something he said after his midget died (does anyone else remember little Joe?) Anyway, I still like some of his earlier songs, but he's pretty far down on my list at this point, no matter what his politics are. I still like Arnold Schwarzenegger even though he supports Bush.

I gotcha. icon_wink.gif;)--> Politicians always have trouble with this stuff, Mr. P-Mosh. Remember Reagan being all hot on "Born in the USA" by Springsteen because he probably only understood the chorus? His people had to tell him uh, Mr. President....

Maybe Bush could have Phish's Trey Anastasio do an hour long set of guitar noodling and bouncing around. Somebody's probably just sure with a name like that he does latin music- "Get the Cuban guy, maybe he can do a duet with Ricky Martin, we need a 2 point spike in the latin vote!" icon_biggrin.gif:D-->

Whatever the kids come up with is bound to be better than the cleaned up version though. I just flipped through CMT last week and saw some weepy cowboy hat singing about being a solider and writing letters back him from the war. (shuddering) I think Snoop Dog might have been in it, maybe not, he might have been doing a talk show or something.

Every now and then reality is a cold slap in the face.

I have no idea what any of yas are even talking about. I have never even heard of any of the names of the supposed entertainers that you're talking about. Am I outta touch 'er what?

Why wouldn't they have real musicians to play? Maybe "Pearl Django", or Martin Taylor, or possibly "Manhattan Transfer"?

To me there's Jazz and there's noise, with very little in between. And anything that even approaches "Hip Hop" is downright vile. But then, whaddo I know?

quote:
Originally posted by mstar1:

http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=stor..._music_eo/15731

quote:

"Welcome to the greatest f---ing country in the world!" the "Shimmer" singer shouted during the hard-rocking Pennsylvania alt-rock quartet's set.

While his heart may have been in the right place, his brain definitely wasn't. But quickly realizing his folly in front of the conservative crowd, he apologized for his Vince Neil-like outburst, saying, "Excuse my language."

Great, first they screw up TV "for the children", then they kill the Constitution, then they made the world hate us. Now the Republicans are killing Rock n' Roll! What's wrong with saying fvck at a rock concert? I don't see why a rock or metal musician would associate with politicians anyway, but at the very least they shouldn't sell out and act like a bunch of pansies so they don't offend people. Music is about doing your thing, not catering to politically correctness.