GreaseSpot Cafe

Wine score!

TheEvan

Went to my favorite purveyor to snag a few bottles on the cheap and the place was closing down. I bought 6 lovely zins, reg. 19.99 ea., 3 for 10 :eek

I rounded out the case with even pricier stuff. THEN they gave me a 20% case discount. Out the door under 70 clams. Wow!

gotta love them vino deals!!

maybe next time you fly to Africa you will take one with you....you know you can take it on the airplane with you and have them (the flight attendant) serve you?? As long as you don't try to smuggle it and drink it yourself, just give it to the FA, tell that person to serve you and sleep, sweet sleep on that LONG flight to your beloved destination. (hey anything to help the uncomfortable plane ride-unless you fly first class??)

anyway good job, maybe I should come visit you and help you drink your wine?? I could you know.

suz

Evan---you will appreciate this....Daddyhoundog received a tip for some work by a disgruntled divorcing wife --so gave my hubby the bottle of wine below....3 years ago. We have not drnk it....it was 175 then...500 now.

Name

Cos d'Estournel Vintage 1989

Type

Saint-Estephe , Bordeaux Category

Red Wine

Price $488.00

Weight 4 kg 1

Volume 1500 ml

Rating

RP: 

88/100

WS: 

95/100

Description

2nd Classified Growth - 60% Cabernet-Sauvignon, 38% Merlot, 2% Cabernet franc

I had these 2 friends and one of them couldn't get off on acid. We'd buy from the same batch and me and the one guy'd be tripping our brains out but the other guy swore he didn't feel anything. Finally he did some at a Yes concert and he loves Yes and he saw all kinds of hallucinations on and around the stage so we figured he was normal after all.

I must be the same way with wine. Sort of. The fanciest I ever get is Inglenook white zinfandel. I can get it on sale for under 5 bucks. But I've got window cleaning accounts that sell wine for $100.00 a bottle. Just what kind of buzz do you get for that price that you don't get with ripple? Do you see God? What?

quote:
Originally posted by DaddyHoundog:

Evan---you will appreciate this....Daddyhoundog received a tip for some work by a disgruntled divorcing wife --so gave my hubby the bottle of wine below....3 years ago. We have not drnk it....it was 175 then...500 now.

Name

Cos d'Estournel Vintage 1989

Type

Saint-Estephe , Bordeaux Category

Red Wine

Price $488.00

Weight 4 kg 1

Volume 1500 ml

Rating

RP: 

88/100

WS: 

95/100

Description

2nd Classified Growth - 60% Cabernet-Sauvignon, 38% Merlot, 2% Cabernet franc

Lianne -

The proper amount of time for a wine to sit undrunk differs between wines.

The wine that you have is at its peak right about now. If you wait too much longer, it will lose some of its nuances, or perhaps even turn to vinegar if it's not properly stored.

As for zins, they are better when young - no more than 1 to 2 years old.

If I were you, I'd soon find a special occasion for that bottle.

hey I am always available to help any of you drink your special wine.....

not going to Narobi Ev, noticed you didn't invite me to help you drink your stash icon_frown.gif:(-->

guess I will have to stay with the son and drink at Howl' at the Moon on Burbon street instead---well I tried!!

xxxooo

Suzie