GreaseSpot Cafe

M&A and breaking up marriages: Deliberate infliction of emotional distress?

pjroberge

Someone said: The Way International did not help any one.

I beg to differ. It helped me. I've been out since 1996, but I cannot and would not deny that it helped me, despite all its founder's and other leadership's shortcomings and sins. I don't mean to excuse any of that, and they WILL be accountable for them. David had sex with Bathsheba and had her husband, Uriah, killed, and yet he went on to receive revelation recorded in the Psalms, as well as being "a man after God's own heart." This was while he was a believer .. .and yes, he paid the price even in this life for that sin because of the death of his son ... so there will be consequences to pay, but I don't think in my case and many others that it would be accurate to say the Way International did not help anyone ...

I've known a lot of folks who claim twi helped them. That's why I never believe it when someone says that twi helped them.

Just my experience.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Someone said: The Way International did not help any one.

I beg to differ. It helped me. I've been out since 1996, but I cannot and would not deny that it helped me, despite all its founder's and other leadership's shortcomings and sins. I don't mean to excuse any of that, and they WILL be accountable for them. David had sex with Bathsheba and had her husband, Uriah, killed, and yet he went on to receive revelation recorded in the Psalms, as well as being "a man after God's own heart." This was while he was a believer .. .and yes, he paid the price even in this life for that sin because of the death of his son ... so there will be consequences to pay, but I don't think in my case and many others that it would be accurate to say the Way International did not help anyone ...

Chronology is of the essence.

HI DogLover Sorry I worded that post so badly. I did not mean I did not grow while I was in the Way International I learned many things. In fact if I had not been involved with The Way international I would have an entirely different husband and children. SO for that I am extremely thankful.

At the same time what I was trying to convey was that

if I or anyone else had gone to the Way and asked for help (food Clothing etc while in dire straights) I would have been turned away and told to renew my mind and to go get help from a local church or the government.( Never mind how much money I had abundantly shared with them.)

In fact when a fellow believer was in extreme dire need and my husband and I gave them some money from our abs we were summarily dressed down and told all of our ABS had to go to Headquarters and headquarters would decide who to help and who not to.

This girl had already gone to our limb leader and was told TWI would not help her. We were friends with her and felt she needed the help this was not someone who was loafing off she was working hard had hit a few bad spots and needed a few dollars to get her through to a first paycheck. She was not someone who ever asked for help and in fact did not ask us directly but we over heard it. and discussed it with each other and decided to help.

For our prayer and consideration to help a fellow believer we were chastised and told how wrong we were.

THis was not the first time I had heard that all your ABS was to go to Head quarters and any help you gave to a believer should be above and beyond what you sent to HQ.