GreaseSpot Cafe

Name the domain price

pjroberge

Pat,

Have you heard about various people who have worked for different companies, organizations, etc. who have left those groups, and set up websites that trash, parody, or otherwise criticize their former groups. And they would give them domain names like 'www.kmartsucks.com' or 'www.ibmsux.com' or 'www.baptistsreek.org'. Why not take the same tactic as to dealing with TWI?

Then, when you also put phrases like "The Way", "The Way International", etc., into different search engines, you can direct people who are looking for info on TWI to your site, w/o having to use apparently deceptive tactics like using 'thewayinternational.com' to redirect people to your site, since when people usually type in a direct domain name, they are looking for the people that they thought the domain is referring to: ie., The Way International, NOT Pat Roberge's site exposing The Way International. See THAT is one of the main points that they can nail you on, domain name wise. This particular domain name acts as a redirecter of sorts, and it is a deceptive one, for the reason I just mentioned; people are looking to go to a *specific* site; for a *specific* organization.

For example, if I typed 'www.kmart.com', and I instead was redirected to some K-Mart Sucks! site, put together by some disgruntled joker who has a legit beef against K-mart, despite the validity of his complaints against K-Mart, I wouldn't like it myself. Ie., how about *I* be allowed the freedom to find out about K-Mart, the good and the bad, by myself, thank you very much?

Hell, Waydale and Greasespot Cafe, while they make a play on words and terms in TWI, didn't need to use 'thewayinternational.com' to accomplish their ends. And what they accomplished have done quite a bit in exposing TWI for what it is, even while allowing its apologists (Smikeol anyone?) to post their diatribes. Voila! A perfect place for an open forum, which is the BEST thing to get people to think for themselves and encourage people to ditch TWI, wouldn't you agree? icon_smile.gif:)-->

Think about that alternative for a bit.

quote:
Originally posted by pjroberge:

coolwaters:

What use I might have for the domain name? How about my using it to direct people to information about TWI. That's why they went balistic, and why I have held onto the name.

Fine, P.

But that's like saying you want www.mcdonalds.com so that when people type that in, they will be led to a site that tells the evils of eating at mcdondald's or working for mcdonald's.

It wouldn't fly as a legitimate reason for using a corporate name without the permission of the corporation.

while i adore the fact that you are going after the sleezy way international, you are probably best off not sharing much of the business with this board as they seem to ridicule your motives and reasoning for fighting back. i just feel you posting all of the fighting on here is going to hurt you more in the end than help you....just looking out for you. do what you know is right and send those suckers to the poor house.