GreaseSpot Cafe

Name the domain price

pjroberge

Several of you feel that TWI's lawsuit is only about the domain name they want. While I disagree, I am willing to admit that I may be wrong.

So, should TWI be allowed to bully me into giving it to them or should they pay a fair price like they have before?

TWI, if you are really just interested in the domain name only, prove it by acting in a civil manner. The price will be determined by this poll's answers, fair enough? The e-mail once again is: sale@prowebtechs.com

I have edited the first two choices to remove the language that some felt was offensive. The dollar amounts are the same.

Edited by pjroberge

Geesh you guys, did you post while I was still writing & editing the thing? I had no idea that anyone posted already.

I edit all my postings online. My edits were right after it went up because the edit wasn't even registered.

The poll will be followed. I'm sorry that your vote was lost. Write your preferences in a post and it will be added to the tally. And cut me some slack pleassssse. Geesh

Zixar:

And your criticism is not merited. It was an honest mistake. I will post an underconstruction notice when I do another poll.

There were only a few votes cast when the poll was finished and I went back to vote. I am sorry one was yours. There was no great and secret conspiracy to beat you out of your vote.

A typo's one thing, Pat. Perhaps even changing the wording of an option, but you changed the order, too. The original poll had "Don't let them bully you" first, then "Bend over and give it to them", then the "Sell for X" options. You've now changed it so that the people who told you to just give it to them have now voted for you to sell it to them, and at the time I read it, 100% of the votes were for you to just bend over. It makes it look like you altered the poll because you didn't like the way it was going.

I think you're going to have to accept that TWI is never going to offer you a penny for that address. If you know that all this is going to wind up in their evidence file against you, why do you keep grandstanding here? It just adds to their claim that you procured the domain in bad faith. It's not like any of us here can sway the judge one bit, and if I know anything at all about the courts, it's that judges hate the smug. TWI's lawyers aren't stupid and you can pretty much bet they have an ace up their sleeve. A ruling against you on this could be used in a future civil suit over your anti-Way activities.

Your case is going to be difficult at best, Pat. Take some advice and be a little more circumspect. Rein in the gleeful vengeance and focus on winning the case first.

An honest poll would contain far more neutral language. Calling (the current) option A "bend over" does NOT reflect the position of those who think you're making the wrong move and should just give them their domain name. I, for one, think it's the Christ-like thing to do. Again, you have so many battles with TWI, and THIS IS NOT WORTH THE FIGHT. That doesn't mean "bend over," but if YOU think it does, then it doesn't matter what I think.

You've now started three threads on one topic, Pat. You're going to court against these people. Do yourself a legal favor and SHUT UP!

I would've voted for "convey it to them for whatever administrative costs and time have been incurred"... but that's not an option...

If you didn't acquire the domain name to make a profit on it, why would you choose anything else?

I admire anyone who "fights against 'the man'"... but it just seems so much like it's a pi$$ing contest between you and TWI...

I agree with the above. Methinks thou dost protest too much, Pat. Your choice is your own. I wouldn't own it, wouldn't accept for free if offered and would give it up if it somehow came into my possesion. The best change in my life in relation to TWI has been to let the bad parts go. Clean break and move on. GS has let me clear up many things to allow me to separate the good from the bad. Once that's done, hopefully, I'll do my best to accomplish it.

Trying to prove moral points with someone who may or may not care doesn't help me at all. It tastes too much like a cold dish of revenge.

quote:
I would've voted for "convey it to them for whatever administrative costs and time have been incurred"... but that's not an option...

That would be the "bend over" option, as Pat so diplomatically put it, with absolutely no intention of letting the imagery sway your vote.

PAt,

I think you have bigger and better fish to fry-

I say $1,000 just for the aggravation of having to deal with the court paperwork--

Let them have the name--They are getting publicity from this as the "Wronged" party (whether they are or not is inmaterial, perception is everything)

Let them claim this paltry "victory". Far more important than winning this skirmish is winning the war

(ps edit in word pad or some other program then paste--with this"new" instant post there isn't enough time to get it edited before th opinions flow

quote:
Would taking out the language but keep the dollar amounts as they are ok to all of you?

Or do you want me to do the poll over for the first few people that feel slighted. I really was trying to do an honest poll.

Integrity and conscience need no poll. Do what you think is right, Pat. If you want our opinion, don't evaluate it by poll. Evaluate it by argument, integrity and conscience. And if you're going to characterize our opinion as "bend over" and let TWI stick it to you, don't pretend you're open about hearing an alternative point of view.

How about, "Take a stand for God and let TWI have its domain name (minus the cost of acquiring and maintaining the name over the past few years). That way I can concentrate my efforts and limited resources on battles that are actually worthy of all our time."

How's THAT for an option? That's my position, but if I tried to vote for it, I would have to vote for "bend over."

You don't need a poll to decide what to do. You need integrity: that way whatever position you ultimately adopt, you can at least say you did what you thought was right.

Rafael: I have changed the wording but not the amounts of the first two choices. Quite frankly, people will probably cry foul over this next.

You make a mistake and it is like pyrahnna smelling blood in the water. I don't believe that any remedy will satisfy this crowd.

I tried to do a nice thing and include GS's in my decisions, and it has done has added grief to my day.

Pat,

YOU DON'T NEED A POLL. It's not "nice" to include GSers in your decision. Legally, it's absurd. I don't know why you feel like you have to talk about this, why you need to broaden the net to include as many unnecessary voices as possible (I include my own in that list).

Two voices matter: yours, and your lawyer's. If you want your voice to include all this conflicting input, that's your privilege, I guess. Just seems to me that you're reaching out instead of reaching up, if you catch my meaning (wow, a TWI image that makes sense! An AOS one at that!).

quote:
Originally posted by pjroberge:

Rafael: I have changed the wording but not the amounts of the first two choices. Quite frankly, people will probably cry foul over this next.

You make a mistake and it is like pyrahnna smelling blood in the water. I don't believe that any remedy will satisfy this crowd.

I tried to do a nice thing and include GS's in my decisions, and it has done has added grief to my day.

I called the WAHmbulance.

P...you've historically stated these kinds of things about GS. Why'd you bother in the first place?

I selected to let twi have the damn domain for nothing. What good can you do with it? Irritate them? Sounds sorta like that remedy won't work...like many others that haven't worked.

As much as you toss around suing people, you knew this was bound to happen. This is not a fight worth fighting, imo.

Sheesh. Ask people for their opinions and then complain when you get them. Sounds like nothing will satisfy you.

coolwaters:

What use I might have for the domain name? How about my using it to direct people to information about TWI. That's why they went balistic, and why I have held onto the name.

TWI as another poster has observed has purchased all the domain names that might be used to inform people about TWI, and started to do so before TWI had a reason to be on the net like a website .

If you will recall, they were very against their people using the net..

I dont know how many times over the years while I was in that I was told that it was my ministry, that it belonged to all of us.

You have as much right to the name as anybody.

They never seemed to complain for the 10+ years that I was sending them abundant sharing or giving them all my time.

I dont see any reason they should renege on their word now that it is not to their advantage. If you want it, keep it. If they want it have them remunerate you for all the time money and effort you put into that organization on the false premise that 'the ministry' was yours forever