GreaseSpot Cafe

Could VPW- TWI- LCM & BOT be mentioned in Revelation ?

ckeer

I was reading thru Revelations, noticed these verses and began to wonder if one of the interpretations and applications to our day and time refer to VPW and TWI? icon_cool.gif

Rev 2- 6. “But this thou hast, that thou hatest the deeds of the Nicolaitans, which I also hate.”

Rev 2-14-But I have a few things against thee, because thou hast there them that hold the doctrine of Balaam, who taught Balac to cast a stumblingblock before the children of Israel, to eat things sacrificed unto idols, and to commit fornication. So hast thou also them that hold the doctrine of the Nicolaitans, which thing I also hate.”

quote:
What is a Nicolaitan - Plain and simple, it is an adherent or follower of Nicholas. Who was Nicholas? His name, translated from the Greek “a heretic.” It is from two Greek words, Nikos (which means victorious) and Laodikeus (which means people of Laodicia). It is a cruel irony that most fervently revered figure to most Christians is an individual named St. Nicholas. His very name identifies with false religion.

Isn't Nicolas the greek name that is equavient to the latin name Victor?

What I wonder is if Nicolatian could mean follower of some one named Victor (Paul Weirwille) ? icon_wink.gif;)--> Then would that make LCM and the BOT victimizers and the rank and file followers victims? icon_redface.gif:o-->

Enquiring OPP minds want to know. icon_confused.gif:confused:-->

Interesting.

My thinking, however, is to remember that, sadly,

there have been plenty of people who've attempted to lead God's people astray,

in following after fornication, and simony, and love of filthy lucre,

starting with the sons of Eli and through the present day (if the Lord tarry,

there will be more tomorrow).

vpw and his criminal band are/were small potatoes in the scheme of things.

100 years from now, (if the Lord tarry), I expect people to still mention

BG Leonard, George Mueller, EW Bullinger, EW Kenyon and JE Stiles, but not the

slick salesman on the farm that ripped off their material,

nor the organization that he dedicated to feeding his own desires.

For the sake of the Christians they encounter, I hope the splinter groups grow

past his own self-serving doctrines and practices, and follow after CHRIST

instead.

Going to the same place??? Maybe there will a be a special little corner reserved for destroyers of God`s people....manipulators of scripture...theives of resources given in his name...adulterers ..abusers....liars..people who cover for pedophiles and place them in authority over children....leaders who advocate and cover abuse.....

If we all end up there...we damn well better be seperated...I doubt there will be any peace otherwise....

When/IF I see those wolves again .... any communication will be made with my

middle finger.

I don`t think that they would like it there much anyway JT...too many wholesom characters around for any of THEM to feel comfortable...

There won`t be any more power to lord over the rest of us....poor things, they won`t BE the big dawgs anymore ... No more money to extort...no more naieve young girls to seduce......I have a sneaking suspicion that spittle flying vein popping face meltings will be frowned upon as well....

Whats left? Oh...I know...maybe there will be a room where they can all get snockered and try to impress each other with how much *scripture* they can quote!!....shudder

Personally, I think that with all of their favorite activities curtailed.... they will be miserable...

I don't think the Bible talks about these men specifically, but I do think that they are going to have an awful lot to answer for and they will be held accountable for the things they've done to God's kids.

I also think that the other leaders who are still covering for these 2 men and have not come clean about their evil ways will have a very rude awakening at the return.

God talks about them in the sense that he points out the characteristics of evil men like VPW and LCM. I'm just sorry I didn't realize it sooner.

quote:
OM

You need to check the bible again about what practices will keep one out of heaven.

This is where you and I part company. There's no sin of man that Christ hasn't paid for with his blood. I firmly believe that Victor Paul and the BOT, as well as you and I, have our sins forgiven thru Christ.