GreaseSpot Cafe

Will TWI and CFF re-unite now that their differences are gone?

pjroberge

CFF on their tax exempt application stated that

quote:
Because of strong objections and disagreements concerning the direction The Way was going we stopped our Association with The Way....The strongest reasons for leaving the Way was because of their change in doctrine and their harsh treatment of its followers."
Now with the kinder more gentler TWI, is a re-uniting of these long lost friends coming?

quote:
Originally posted by pjroberge:

Now with the kinder more gentler TWI, is a re-uniting of these long lost friends coming?

What evidence indicates that they are "kinder & gentler"? Why do you think doctrinal changes have been reversed and followers have been treated better?

quote:
What evidence indicates that they are "kinder & gentler"? Why do you think doctrinal changes have been reversed and followers have been treated better?
From what I've heard, participants aren't hassled about any other groups they might support and associate with. Also, CFF isn't as aggressive about collecting funds. (I'd be interested to hear what their take is on "Christians Should Be Prosperous"). Otherwise I think it's sort of like twi in the early 70's. But since I've never gone to any of their fellowships, I could be mistaken.

IT seems to me that TWI has pretty much disassociated themselves from VPW. I dug pretty deep in TWI's Website and found no mention of Mr Wierwille at all.

On the other hand many of the splinter groups seem to still hold VPW up as the "Father in the Word". I am not sure where CFF stands here, since thier website also seems to make no mention of VPW either but their page on Research Principles looks like it came directly out of PFAL and the doctrine seem pretty close to pre-Craigan TWI.

It's interesting that neither TWI nor CFF make any mention of VPW. (Unless I missed it). And unlike many other christian organizations, neither offer any organizational history or qualifications of their "leaders".

Like TWI, CFF has no members except for their board of trustees. So these five most likely make all the decisions without much official input from the "members" that they don't realy have.

I doubt that these two groups will ever unite. There is no way that their trustees would be willing to share power over their flocks or the associated revenue streams.

I can't see this happening. I'm sure CFF has had

a taste of relative freedom after the split which they would no doubt lose upon reintegration into TWI. Their budget, teaching materials, and policies would have to be reconciled with current way teachings so what would be the win ? This is not to say that I think that CFF is necessarily right-on but

once you get a taste of independence it would

be hard to go back to the old ways where someone

else was calling the shots no matter how much

they've allegedly changed.

Goey said:

It's interesting that neither TWI nor CFF make any mention of VPW. (Unless I missed it). And

>>

My opinion on this is that they have chosen

to omit VPW references because a search on his

name would reveal information of a less than

positive nature. Add to this the books which

have been written that refer to VPW as the

leader of the cult called The Way International.

Now obviously if someone does a search on TWI

they will turn up and equal amount of negative

information though TWI can always claim that they have distanced itself from VPW in an attempt to represent themselves as a changed

organziation. Of course TWI , CFF, or any

group with roots in TWI can talk up (pr not)

VPW if they want to on an informal basis.

quote:
Originally posted by oldiesman:

quote:
From what I've heard, participants aren't hassled about any other groups they might support and associate with. Also, CFF isn't as aggressive about collecting funds. (I'd be interested to hear what their take is on "Christians Should Be Prosperous"). Otherwise I think it's sort of like twi in the early 70's. But since I've never gone to any of their fellowships, I could be mistaken.

OM...I think you misunderstand...I wasn't asking for indications of how CFF was kinder & gentler than TWI, but indications of how TWI now was kinder & gentler than it was under Martindale.