GreaseSpot Cafe

You Might Be In A Cult If........

igotout

You might be in a cult if....

You have to write a MANDATORY letter of praise, stroking the leader's ego, after taking his new bible class.

And if said letter must first be proof-read and edited accordingly by your local leader. Because we want to bless the man of God and wouldn't want him distracted by any spelling or punctuation errors.

• Replies 181
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

WOW! It really got THAT hokey?

Yup.

That was in the 90s, under the lcm regime. vpw made lcm twofold the child of hell

that he himself was, remember.

lcm made his own foundational class, etc. When each class was finished, the students

were ASSIGNED to write letters about how great it was, using specifics.

Those were then used at hq to legitimize the class, as if they were unsolicited testimonials.

In short, it DID get that hokey.

Yup.

That was in the 90s, under the lcm regime. vpw made lcm twofold the child of hell

that he himself was, remember.

lcm made his own foundational class, etc. When each class was finished, the students

were ASSIGNED to write letters about how great it was, using specifics.

Those were then used at hq to legitimize the class, as if they were unsolicited testimonials.

In short, it DID get that hokey.

And, along with these ASSIGNED thank-you letters......was THE HAND-MADE CLASS CARD from the "artsy" person in the state or area. Some slaved over these class cards for 12 hours to add intricate details to bless the mog.

It went from hokey.......to idolatry.

:evildenk:

And, along with these ASSIGNED thank-you letters......was THE HAND-MADE CLASS CARD from the "artsy" person in the state or area. Some slaved over these class cards for 12 hours to add intricate details to bless the mog.

It went from hokey.......to idolatry.

:evildenk:

ARGH! I was on that detail. it stifled practically all my desire to do art. I don't really like doing florals and landscapes and the list of approved subjects for cards was very limited.

Dakar? Isn't that where people are shooting guns and throwing grenades? OH... wait, that's DARFUR!

but Dakar... a thriving metropolis of 2.5 million on the Cape Verde peninsula!

http://english.aljazeera.net/NR/exeres/A04...F32C2386076.htm

BTW... don't think that I didn't notice that you added a word and changed a word!

That was "Eve" who FORCED me to edit your text!

(sorry if someone already did this)

If you are taught that you are one the most accepting and loving churches on earth... yet you hate: the gays, anyone who thinks differently, anyone who's in a different religion, anyone who was once in your religion but now out... the list goes on...

...you might be in a cult.

If...(since discovering life w/o twi)

...you still spend years after "leaving" your so-called CULT, wasting your time on the Internet, with the same Cult people you lived with, when you were IN the Cult! :asdf:

...and still trying to figure out what happened? :confused:

That actually got a giggle out of me - although it hasn't been a few years yet. :biglaugh: