GreaseSpot Cafe

Back To TWI?

Goey

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

WaywardWafer,

So far, half of the folks here know at least one person that would return to TWI under the right circumstances.

Actually, 12 folks responded so far and these 12 know of at least 13 folks that they think would return to TWI under the right conditions.

Does that tell us anything about ex-wafers as a whole?

It does highly suggest that there are quite a few folks out there that *WOULD* return to TWI under the right conditions.

One big condition would be, there'd have to be a twig less than an hour where I live. Ha. But I think lots of folks would go back under the right circumstances... but the chances of those circumstances happening are very small.

OM,

This poll does not deal with the chances of those circumstances happening. Also, the circunstances are not the same for everyone. Some may want a change in certain doctines, others may just want an apology and an invitation. Many who were M&A'd did not really want to leave. So who really knows what those conditions might be?

However, you may be surprised at what changes a group like TWI can make when the coffers start to dry up and things get desperate.

That's true only if the change were made that there's no pressure, as the bible says in the new testament, not grudgingly or of necessity. Something like what they're doing now in CES. I guess that would be just one "right circumstance" I would expect.

I'm assuming you mean TWI as it is today. I wouldn't return under any circumstances, but I do know people who would gladly go back to the "good old days" of holy kisses and cookies after twig. I also think that those who believe that God moved in TWI in the early days would return to that type of ministry as well.

But as TWI stands now - I no no one who has left over the past few years who would go back in. Unless, of course, they were insane!

I left because of the lies and manipulation. Even if TWI apologized on all major network news stations, and changed every bad policy they have implemented, I would not go back. I don't have a need for twi anymore. I get my spiritual needs met without them.

Screw me once; shame on you. Screw me twice; shame on me.

quote:
I'm assuming you mean TWI as it is today.

No, not as it is today, as it might be if certain changes were made. Like being nicer, less demanding, apologizing for being buttheads, etc, - But it would still be TWI under the same basic management with the same basic core beliefs - no trinity, manifestations, home fellowships, etc ...

So far, out of 20 responses, each person knows an average of 1.25 people that would possibly return to TWI under the right conditions.

Granted the responses are from ex-TWI folks that frequent GS cafe and may not be representative of ex-TWI as a whole, yet I wonder if the reponse would be similar from all ex-TWI folks?

How dedicated are offshooters to their offshoots? Is TWI still the mothership in many folks eyes - just blown off course? I am not taking about GSers but about ex-TWI folks as a whole.

If we presume that the response would be similar for all ex-TWI then we could postulate that TWI could possibly gain several thousand folks back by making certain changes.

Hmmm...

They say they've changed now. They spend more time telling us how much they've changed and how wonderful twi(t)-ville is than they do teaching anymore and there are still many people who are unhappy, bored and wishing they could get out.

There are many kids biding their time and trying to figure out how to leave without losing their family.

They think they are back to the good old days.

I know a few people who have gone back, but they didn't have any structure in their lives and they seem to be the kind of people who like for other people to make decisions for them. Sad. Really sad.

I don't personally know anyone who'd return to twi, and I wouldn't go back, whether it miraculously changed back to the "1972 twi" I first knew or if it stayed as it is now. No interest.

I have few regrets about my time in twi, but that was then and this is now. That's one reason I've never gotten involved with an offshoot--to me it would feel like going backwards. (I'm sure people are learning and growing in offshoots if that's their desire--it's just not the direction I want/feel I need to go.)

I learned a lot while in twi. Some of what I learned I kept, and some I tossed out. I hope that as I continue on life's journey, I'm still learning and growing and moving forward.

Sounds like a case of some poor animal returning to his own puke.

I suppose to fully understand why some people would consider returning to twi, it would be wise to consider the reasons as to why they got involved in the first place.

I know that folks with "addictive personalities" are prime candidates to involve themselves with such a thing...combine that with a basic insecurity about life in general and an unnatural codependency that places them into a situation that allows them to feel "comforted" by the group think mentality that reinforces for them, all the things that make them feel "ok" about themselves.

It absolves them of the responsibility of facing life on their own...somebody else will tell you what to believe and what you should do. Your basic "herd instinct" kicks in...being with your "likeminded" fellow cult members is an aphrodesiac that you can lose yourself in, similar to a junkie when he gets his fix.

Anyone who is considering a return to twi, under ANY circumstances, should immediately check themselves into a rehab clinic for the perpetually stupid. I have more sympathy for a drug addict who slithers back into his cesspool of self destruction, than I do for anyone who would go back to wayworld.

My additions to organized controlling folks(codependency) or organizations are no longer a compulsion in my life. I have all my weaknesses in check and an awsome support system. To go back would be Intellectual Suiside...For me. icon_biggrin.gif:D-->

Pat, that's possible, but not likely. However there would be some redundancy in a poll such as this.

If the folks responding followed the suggested guidelines, then they would not have considered anyone here that was commonly known to everyone.

But, the redundancy factor would definitely increase as the number of people polled increased becasue the chances of some folks knowing the same person would be greater. Also if a person was refering to him/herself others might also consider them as well in how they voted, creating even more redundancy.

This is not meant to be anally accurate Pat,

Only taking a pulse. OK ?