GreaseSpot Cafe

spiritual pressure

nandon

what exactly was that?

i used to hear my parents talk about it, i used to hear other corpse talk about it.

it was like if someone was having a bad day, and you asked them a question or did something minute to annoy them, they'd snap your head off, and then say:

"Its all this damn spiritual pressure, the f-in adversary is up to something."

Exactly my thoughts outandabout. You have your good days and bad ones.

If you got reproved it was either devil spirits you were dealing with or the person that reproved you that had those mean little thing running around.

Bottom line it was stress. It aint a good feeling so stress in twi was spiritual. Gag me with a spoon. Not saying anything bd about you Mom and Dad. That was jut the jargon.

((((Nandon)))

Hope you and yours are all well! A big hug from me okay?

Good topic. Outandabout hit the nail on the head....IT IS CALLED LIFE!!!! And the rest of the world learned how to deal with it a long time ago.

"Spiritual Pressure," just another brilliant example of twi 's ARROGANCE....the doctrine of exclusivity......the US against everybody else, we are BETTER than every body else, ONLY WE have the truth, understand God, understand the scriptures and know how to live life.

Since I left the twi.....I have had some great jobs, made some serious money, walked the halls of the Pentagon and DIAC, did state department jobs, USAID, etc. I think one of the biggest shocks to me--waybrained wayfer that I was....is that the rest of the world UNDERSTANDS life much better than anyone that is sheltered by the teachings of twi.

I remember being at some big meeting with lots of govt employees and contractors. All of a sudden....a big contract glitch...and guess what the big whigs said......"oops, s*h*i*t happens!!!!!" If that had been a twi placement meeting.....someone would have called a corps night and/or staff meeting and spent three hours elaborating on spiritual pressure and spiritual attacks on the MOG. UGGGG

ror

Spiritual pressure...this was the term used to let people know that the Almighty trusted you with divine information because you were so very mature and committed...Unlike the poor schmuck who was wondering why you were in a bad mood. It was designed to give the impression that the person who was under "spiritual pressure" was not only able to "handle" that which you were so miserably inadequet to do, but was also instrumental in fighting the spiritual forces of darkness, which you were so obviously helpless against...If one was under spiritual pressure, it surely indicated that they were very very important people in Gawd's overall plan...unlike you, who obviously were unaware that there even WAS any "spiritual pressure...(oftentimes went hand in hand with the "knowing look" that you had just received revelation)...

quote:
remember finnegan wiped the floor with me and reduced me to tears for something i supposedly did in my job to annoy (enrage!) him

my dept. head told me he was under a lot of spiritual pressure

Your department head was as 'spiritually sharp' as a bowling ball, He was just a plain old a$$hole

quote:
Originally posted by excathedra:

my dept. head told me he was under a lot of spiritual pressure. i told her he should get another job

That's the ironic part. They don't realize the contradiction that if they are "spiritual enough" to get this info or attack or whatever, why aren't they spiritual enough to not let it affect their moods? Don't they have the renewed mind?

But of course, when you get in a cult, a sense of irony is one of the first to go.

O&A, that's a great definition!

And, notice that "spiritual pressure" was multiplied when a class was running. That's why we had to go witnessing, to take the "spiritual pressure" off of the class and crew.

Anytime my leadership was in a bad mood it was either spiritual pressure or spiritual anger. No matter what it was, you stayed out of the way!

I think alot of what they considered spiritual pressure was Honest to God GUILT that was deserved for deeds done or not done. denial and dismissing personal responsibility was often considered from the adversary,without any due cause from the individual .

In real life the only way we learn oftens times is mistakes and the sorrow that results from them.. In real life we are suppose to be sorry and sad and afraid sometimes the Lord was but in twi it was not allowed to be human and learn how life works in reality .