GreaseSpot Cafe

Renouncing The Word Because of Others' Sins

oldiesman

OKAY !!!!!! MAJOR DERAILMENT!!!!!!!!!!

I am NOT a country music fan but last night I happened to watch the OUTLAWS concert on CMT.

Kid Rock did a kick butt cover of "FAT BOTTOM GIRLS"

He sure is ugly but he can sing justabout any kind of music there is out there!

One in sisterhood with all the "fatbottom gals" icon_eek.gif

ROR icon_wink.gif;)-->

• Replies 385
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Now THERES a game for the weinie roast....who`s got the bigges bu tt!....we could measure ... post pics n everything....

or maybe just take close up picks (clothed of course) of our derriers at the weinie roast and post em so all at gsc can play *identify that fanny*

Don`t cha know that the size of your fanny is a direct link in identification to how spiritual one is?

Yeah, sure...it stands to reason...the more brownies you have consumed ...the bigger your hiney!... a smaller hiney indicates mal nourishment....ya haven`t been eating enough brownies to attain spiritual enlightenment....proofs inna pudd oops er brownie mix...ayup!

There ya go! JT is eatin the brownies!!! Another convert!

Praise be to dmillers brownies...in celebration lets all sing number 22.....

I wandered in darkness no brownies in sight~~~~~~~~dmiller was doin no baking tonight~~~~~~~~Then like a starving man with an apetite~~~~~Oh glory Praise the lord ~~~~~~ rascal shared her stash........

Gawd someone help me this really IS bad.

ROR - Kid Rock derailment, I know. I've always felt the best part of rap and hip hop is the humor. There's some funny chit in that music sometimes, Kid Rock can do some schtick that's for sure.

I think there's really 2 questions on this topic (at least)

Renouncing the Way?

Renouncing the Word?

If it's a question of the "leadership" of the Way and their activities, it's pretty easy for people to just switch boats. Take all the teaching and ritual and just move to a different church with different leaders. Instant Offshoot. Everything you want, nothing you don't. Problem solved, at least for awhile and for some things. That oversimplifies it, but I think some people have gone that route and are happy.

It solves the unchangable "MOG" syndrome. It solves the unreachable "BOT" syndrome.

There's a lot of alternatives and options that open up once a person decides they're better off ending formal contact with the Way. But if a person simply finds it unacceptable to be a member of the Way due to what it's leaders do and have done they're right in leaving. Regardless of the number of times, the problems, the issues, or the methods tried, one thing that the Way International is not known for throughout it's history is changing anything substantial about what it does due to membership complaints. They may fire someone or move people around in their positions but they don't look at their core teachings to see if there are root causes in what they believe causing the problems. They don't like to talk about stuff and offer no public hearings of complaints or problems. Look at them now - they project that all their problems are solved because they've gotten rid of the "bad ones". The ones left are the "good ones". If you stay though there's some risk involved.

Which goes to the 2nd question - the Word, the teaching of the Way. If the situation is - a person finds that the teaching itself is in error through the actions of the Way membership, let's say again the "leaders", then some kind of effort to resolve that is going to be required. Period. Unfortunately that's the reason a lot of people have stepped back and taken a second or third look at the whole of the Way's teachings. So it's personal, immediate. But that's not abnormal. Most of us go along the way we've always been until something upsets the apple cart.

The Way presents it's doctrinal suit wholecloth. It comes in a package, it's "all truth", start to finish and to take a part of it requires taking it all. Because they present themselves as the "one true household" standing on the pure truth there really aren't any alternatives offered. There's lip service paid to not knowing it all but nothing substantial ever changes unless it's decreed by the current man/woman "of God". In that way they aren't (and have never been) much different than any of the denominations they criticize.

The whole baby/bathwater description of these things oversimplifies the entire matter IMO. Same with the eat-the-fish/spit out the bones thing. These kinds of analogies assume to argue that what you had was the "baby", and the whole meal. For those who feel that way, I say fine. Have at it. If you don't the Way's teaching may be more like a crab than a fish. Properly prepared you can pick out the meat but the entire crab shell gets tossed.

Where do I fall? I really value all my Way years mostly because of the people I met and got to be around, work with, etc. I was able to learn a lot of things and at the time it was probably all I could learn because of the choices I was willing to make. As I've grown, I've changed. If the person I am today was given the same choices as when I was 20, I'd choose differntly in regards to the Way and pursuing the teaching. But it's a conundrum - I wouldn't have the knowledge or experience to make that choice without the years of learning.

Could God have directed me differntly? Did he and I ignored it? Or did He point "there!" and I went. Maybe it's not all that simple. Dunno. But where I landed was where I landed. So to me, it's a life lived and learned by. At this point I simply don't see the Way's teaching as a baby, a fish or really any kind of seafood to be honest. Life is bigger than that to me now.

Don't tell me I can't write long posts!!! icon_biggrin.gif:D-->

fish bone brownies??..seafood brownies??? eyuck, sounds worse than dmillers poop brownies.

I did make some chocolate biscuts once that the secret ingrediant was brownie mix used in liu of the sugar I forgot to bring to the first weinie roast....sadly, they weren`t that good with sausage gravey....

Wheres dmiller anyway...he hasn`t weighed in since he baked the first batch of brownies on this thread.