GreaseSpot Cafe

What to bring to the 2004 Special

Ham

After reading a couple posts on the "is there a

WHAP this year" thread, I thought that maybe we could offer suggestions about items to bring to make the event more comfortable for the participants.

As they will probably not be offering free beer,

I offer J.T.'s suggestion in another thread that one may want to bring a one or two drink limit of beer that has to be delivered on wheels.

Other suggestions:

Aspirin (lots of it)

Ear plugs. Must be flesh colored. Attendee must keep knodding his/her head so as not to be discovered.

A couple packs of sandwich meat or spam. Sure beats the mystery meat served the last couple of days..

Two or three 100 microgram doses of genuine Sandoz Delysid for the chief presenter. Sure would help him discern the spirits. He or she may be quite convincing.. or at least entertaining.

Any other suggestions?

A small, thin book that will fit inside your Bible so people don't know you're not really reading along.

A cushion to sit on and a colostomy bag for your 3 hour wait to be able to sit on the front row right in front of the teachers.

Your Way-speak translator so you know what the real message is this year. (Hint: it's going to be give more money, witness to more people, sign up to do more in the household)

Steve, I like the eyeball idea. I wonder what they would do if everyone in the room put a pair on just as the chief speaker walked up to the podium.

One thing though.. I would omit the delysid from the list- bad idea. Besides being slightly illegal, Forty year old acid may not be up to the task that it once was. Besides, if it was, who would want to subject the audience to the same kind of rantings that some of us grew accustomed to?

Bagels, peanut butter & honey or marshmallow fluff, bread, chips, salsa, vodka and canned sardines to go with the Spam Mr. H suggested.

Set up a mini-cafe & bar in your room and you could make a bundle of $$ to pay for the really good food (not!) in the hotel restaurant. Add a super secret smoking section where everyone is completely anonymous with no way of being discovered & you'll certainly be rolling in the dough!

Bring a cardboard cutout with your picture attached to the face, place it in your assigned seat. With the current level of in-depth spiritual perception and awareness, they would not notice it until you failed to stand with the rest of the crowd when Mr/Ms wonderful approached the podium.

The real key is to bring along a pal that will skip the classes with you and will be your study partner, or whatever they called them. That really was the only reason to attend the teachings the last time I was there... just so I could have something to say at the "release session". I don't remember what it was called, but something like that.