GreaseSpot Cafe

ACS in Texas

Wishing for Freedom

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

quote:
Just talked to an "Innie" who was at Dallas and has a mortgage. As long as the paper work states "RENT TO OWN" there is no problem with TWI to buy a house.

Ayuh

OnionEater, I don't understand what the official policy is. Wishing for Freedom said mortgages are not allowed, but now you're saying mortgages are. What's up?

OM, THEY HAVE NO POLICY ON DEBT!!! They will tell you this over and over and over and over again. THEY HAVE NEVER HAD A POLICY ON DEBT!!! You should know that by now!

They want people's money and maybe these people are the only ones who will coordinate a fellowship or have a house big enough to run a class, so they told them that if they are "renting to own" then it's technically not debt. BUT if someone is buying a house that's too small for meetings and classes and the leadership doesn't like the people, they very well could tell them that it IS debt anyway and that they can't go.

Come on, you know by now the conditions change with the area and the value of the people involved. How about you call TWI for us and ask them what their official policy is and about the "rent to own" bit. Ask if they've now added "leasing" a car to allowable debt since it's renting.

Belle, "renting to own" is technically not debt, but "renting" IS? I thought renting wasn't debt either?

All I asked is if they have a policy or not. If you're correct and they don't, then someone suggesting that folks couldn't go to the ACS simply because they had a mortgage is incorrect information. We want accurate information, don't we?

No, I don't want to phone them on this, thank you very much.

Oh, Oldies, you're way tooo logical for TWI. It's a wonder you still like them. icon_wink.gif;)-->

The will tell you they don't have a policy, but that they have requirements for certain things, such as leadership and classes. re-read the deposition on Pat's site or a million other threads on this site about the subject - it's been beat in the ground and someone as regular as you should know these things already, unless you're just being a ****.

Accurate information is the non-policy is whatever is best for TWI at the time. No, you can't have debt and what's considered debt is anything at all - credit cards, mortgages, car payments and leases, child support, school loans, business loans, ANYTHING.

Now it appears as though some leadership in at least one area has decided that, in order for him to keep his quota up or meet whatever expectations are required of him, it is okay to "rent to own" because we know renting is not debt. BUT leasing a car, even though it's technically renting was considered debt when I left. I don't know if that's the policy they don't acknowledge or not.

You know as well as everyone else on this board who's been here for any length of time that policies vary from leader to leader, area to area and profitabilty prospects for TWI.

I have no reason to doubt the information given, you shouldn't either if you use your brain to try to think like a TWIt leader.

Belle, just don't go gettin your undies in a bundle over om. he's got severe tunnel-vision regarding anything to do with TWI.

Trying to argue with, reason with, or demonstrate logic or analogies for om is just like trying to teach a pig to sing. It wastes your time, and it annoys the pig.

quote:
You know as well as everyone else on this board who's been here for any length of time that policies vary from leader to leader, area to area and profitabilty prospects for TWI.
No Belle, I don't. I never knew that policies to attend their advanced classes whimsically varied from area to area, and leader to leader. Doesn't make much sense, and doesn't jive with my experiences. But then again, I haven't been involved with them for over 10 years; but still seems too whimsical.

quote:
Trying to argue with, reason with, or demonstrate logic or analogies for om is just like trying to teach a pig to sing. It wastes your time, and it annoys the pig.
Steve, I see you haven't abandoned your name calling and insults. Surely you can make your points without it?

quote:
Accurate information is the non-policy is whatever is best for TWI at the time. No, you can't have debt and what's considered debt is anything at all - credit cards, mortgages, car payments and leases, child support, school loans, business loans, ANYTHING.

Belle,

I asked for a lot of clarifications early on with the debt policy and received from HQ that credit cards, "rent-to-own" leases and child support were NOT considered debt. I also never heard it said on the field that they were. I've been out for two years though so it may be different now. Not your local corpse couldn't have exercised their Romans 13 option to just make something up for your spiritual benefit. icon_wink.gif;)-->

JT

quote:
Seems to me that an ordinary person would be a little suspiscious if a church requested to freely rifle through their financial affairs to be allowed to participate in some of their functions..
no sheet ! ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha

plus i heard that you have to fill out sheets of what you do with your time and such

quote:
om, I didn't call you anything, and I didn't intend that as insulting, merely as a statement of fact.
Steve, when you make analogies comparing human beings to animals, and other offensive, repeated analogies like that, you are being insulting and offensive, whatever your true intentions are. Please knock it off.