GreaseSpot Cafe

ACS in Texas

Wishing for Freedom

Well like a good little wayfer, I went to the special. The theme was "Pratical Keys to Biblical Research". Instead of the two rooms, we were only in the one ballroom. No tables this year. Lots of promos for the bookstore.

Basic things taught

Why we research the scriptures

Scripture Build-Up - 4 Crucified

Word Study - Receive - Decomai/Lambano

Context Study - Paul on Mars Hill

John 1:1

and a few other topics.

This is also the last time they are having it in Texas. The 2006 one will be split in two and held at Headquarters.

More later.

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks, Wishing!

Sounds like the same old song and dance and that there are more people who have taken off the TWIt glasses. Maybe they bought homes or maybe they have left to live the truly more abundant life. (I hope it's the latter)

Did they teach decomai and lambano accurately this time or are they sticking with their inaccurate guns?

Very interesting that they are moving the acs to hq. I guess the fox doesn't like to leave her hole.

They'll probably be checking up on people to find out who didn't purchase anything from the bookstore while they were there and why didn't they? It must be pretty scary to see your $40 million dollar coffers in jeopardy.

Thanks a bunch Wishing! I hope you get your wish soon! If there's anything I can do to help, please feel free to pt me.

Belle, Decomai and Lambano was taught the same as they were in the PFAL class. Receiving the Holy Spirit book was used as a reference in this teaching.

Just Thinking, I think that most people who want to leave have left. It appears that the biggest reason most people weren't there was because of debt. Either for homes or other items. To go you had to be out of debt. People were exciited and it was nice to see old friends. I couldn't believe some of the people who are still around. I appreciate your offer of help. I will need to remain as I am for a few more years. Any changes I could make would only cause more problems than it would solve.

So much of the information taught was from the old PFAL class. The new foundational class is being videotaped. I guess this was the pratice run. I guess that means we will need for fork out more money for more classes. I don't know for sure, I am only guessing.

It's not how many that matters, Steve!. It's that all of God's finest were present. HuRL!

excuse me.

from the other thread,I posted...

quote:
posted November 24, 2004 16:53

The real key is to bring along a pal that will skip the classes with you and will be your study partner, or whatever they called them. That really was the only reason to attend the teachings the last time I was there... just so I could have something to say at the "release session". I don't remember what it was called, but something like that.

JT replied,

quote:
posted November 30, 2004 07:40

Lindy,

Worst part, IMO. To me, it was like watching a tv show with someone then telling them what just happened. AARRrrggghhhhh.....!

LOL

apparently this was like everyone having read the book hundreds of times, seen the movie, in theaters and on TV far too many times, and then watching the high school play, only to go out after wards and dicuss all the "new" stuff they threw in. HA!

The 4 R's:

Receive, Retain, and Run to the Restoom!

quote:
... It appears that the biggest reason most people weren't there was because of debt. Either for homes or other items. ...
It's pretty ridiculous that TWI still holds fast to the belief that having a mortgage is somehow off the Word. What stupidity. Like that's any worse than being continously indebted to your landlord? nuttyinthehead.gif

I noticed they used HALF the previous space to

host the seminar. Attendance down a little?

Any connection to running it where they have to

pay zero rent, maybe?

No big surprise, but they're moving it to hq,

where the organization pays nothing,

but it's a major hassle to reach there for the

attendees. At least D/FW is a major hub, and

hotels are easy to reach.

I'd bet money they're not going to send a

shuttle bus to Dayton or Columbus for anyone,

either.....

"This is intended to be practice before the

ACS. Let them believe God for a ride there and

back."

icon_wink.gif;)-->

Isn't that how they taped the new advanced class - or planned to, anyway - with different teachers.

This way when someone buys a house, decides they want more than promises for their retirement and quits drinking the kool-aid, they only have one or two segments to re-tape.