GreaseSpot Cafe

Portrait of a Twig Booklet

Belle

Does anyone remember this booklet?

I was looking over the checklist for leaders and everything on it revolves around getting money to HQ and getting people to sign up for classes, way corps so they bring more money to the organization.

Looks like things haven't really changed all that much from the "good old days" icon_rolleyes.gif:rolleyes:-->

1 - study God's word daily

2 - speaking in tongues daily

3 - standing financially with TWI by abundantly sharing

4 - witnessing to bring new people in continually

5 - undersheperding new people

6 - Strongly suggesting your people subscribe to the magazine. Do YOU have a subscription?

7 - Exhorting your people to stay in touch with HQ by listening to the STS tapes faithfully every week. Do YOU have a subscription.

8 - Encourage people, often, to buy and use the materials from the bookstore

9 - Look at ways your twig can help with the college and prison outreach or TWI Theater

10 - Take the Rock of Ages '72 album to radio stations and have your believers call in to request it

11 - Work hard toward the next class in your area because we need more classes

12 - Twigs should meet daily icon_eek.gif

13 - Work on the Advanced Studies Program in your area

14 - Encourage people to go into the Way Family Corps

15 - Train someone to take your place

I'm sorry, but I just don't see how any of that fits with:

quote:
1Ti 3:2 A bishop then must be blameless, the husband of one wife, vigilant, sober, of good behaviour, given to hospitality, apt to teach;

1Ti 3:3 Not given to wine, no striker, not greedy of filthy lucre; but patient, not a brawler, not covetous;

1Ti 3:4 One that ruleth well his own house, having his children in subjection with all gravity;

1Ti 3:5 (For if a man know not how to rule his own house, how shall he take care of the church of God?)

1Ti 3:6 Not a novice, lest being lifted up with pride he fall into the condemnation of the devil.

1Ti 3:7 Moreover he must have a good report of them which are without; lest he fall into reproach and the snare of the devil.

1Ti 3:8 Likewise [must] the deacons [be] grave, not doubletongued, not given to much wine, not greedy of filthy lucre;

1Ti 3:9 Holding the mystery of the faith in a pure conscience.

1Ti 3:10 And let these also first be proved; then let them use the office of a deacon, being [found] blameless.

1Ti 3:11 Even so [must their] wives [be] grave, not slanderers, sober, faithful in all things.

1Ti 3:12 Let the deacons be the husbands of one wife, ruling their children and their own houses well.

1Ti 3:13 For they that have used the office of a deacon well purchase to themselves a good degree, and great boldness in the faith which is in Christ Jesus.

quote:
Originally posted by Pirate1974:

quote:
10 - Take the Rock of Ages '72 album to radio stations and have your believers call in to request it

Did anybody ever do that? I'd love to know how that went over. icon_biggrin.gif:D-->

I was a deejay on a non-commercial radio station from 1988-1995. During the early nineties I played TWI music during a 6-8am timeslot. Most of it didn't make an impression, other than Claudettee Royal.

I can't see the "bring the album in and have believers request it" thing work. Most radio stations stick pretty tightly to a playlist, and even "requests" are only played to give the illusion of listening to the listener.

They play what they had already dtermined that they would play while running a ten second audio clip of Joe listener requesting it.

But "Rock of Ages '72"? icon_eek.gif While I personally enjoyed a lot of what was on there, the production quality was pretty primitive and songs tended to get cut off rather abruptly.

Although it does have Hope R singing "I Love the Lord" anim-smile.gifanim-smile-blue.gifanim-smile.gifanim-smile-blue.gifanim-smile.gif

quote:
It sure was a big responsibility.

Yeah, all that advertising, recruiting and work for "the work of the ministry" is sure a lot harder and more time-intensive than merely teaching the Word and taking care of people's hearts. icon_rolleyes.gif:rolleyes:-->

Just think if how much harder it is now with all the paperwork, micromanagement and reporting back that has to be done. Hard to fit time for God into all that, I imagine.

Is there a current checklist like this? Does this read along the lines of the corps responsibilities?

I'm surprised I never noticed how self-centered and money-centered everything they do/did is/was. They really have succeeded in taking God out of TWI.