GreaseSpot Cafe

Name that Tune

Raf

I know what happened to his Transylvania Twist

Bobby "Boris" Pickett

"The Monster Mash"

You left out the backup singers, the Crypt Kickers!

:biglaugh:

Yes, Frankenstein invented a dance-craze.

I had "Bride of Frankenstein" playing in the background,

so the song was easy to think of.

Your turn.

Go, wasway!

Heres a cool one

My folks were always putting him down (down, down)

They said he came from the wrong side of town

(Whatcha mean when ya say that he came from the wrong side of town?)

They told me he was bad

But I knew he was sad

That's why I fell for.......................................... :nono5:

Magic. Performed by a group who was probably a one hit wonder, made up of former member of the Bay City Rollers (now THAT is a disturbing memory!). As far as the name of the group, I wouldn't have a clue unless I look it up.

Rick

The group name was "Pilot."

Song takes you back, no?

It takes me back as far as I can remember listening to the radio!

Your turn, Bluezman!

OK, this one might not be fair. I"m going to post it and see if anyone other than me is familiar with it. And, I"m looking for the original artist.

You know I can’t stand it

You’re runnin’ around

You know better daddy

I can’t stand it cause you put me down

Now like I said, this one might not be fair because even though it's one of "The Rock and Roll Hall of Fame's 500 songs that shaped Rock and Roll", it's still kind of obscure.

So here is an easier one. If you get EITHER one of these, it's your turn. :)

Ride the snake, ride the snake

To the lake, the ancient lake, baby

The snake is long, seven miles

Ride the snake...hes old, and his skin is cold

Rick

Bluzeman-----------I have a card up my sleeve on this one because I grew up in his hometown.

It was Screamin' Jay Hawkins. He was well known for outlandish behaviour and wild costumes.

We tried to do this tune(I Put a Spell on You) in a garage band I was in . The screaming part was easy but the rhythm idiosyncrasies are much more difficult to duplicate than they sound.

Rumour has it he was drunk as a skunk when he recorded it.

Now as to the second one-------Are those lyrics from the beginning,the middle or the end?

Brothers and sisters I have many

Stumbling along to do their thing.

Love is a song, it's better than any

It's better for music, it's easy to sing.

Here's a clue -------The lead guitarist in this group left his original band to join this one.

His original group was The James Gang and his replacement was Joe Walsh.

He and his brother(who plays bass) are still very active in the music business.

Only a real live hard-core rocker would know from whence this came....

"Brothers and sisters, I want to see your hands up there! I want everybody to kick up some noise! I want to hear see some revolution out there! ... Brothers and sisters, the time has come for each and every one of you to decide whether you are going to be the problem or you are going to be the solution ... You must choose Brothers, you must choose. It take 5 seconds , 5 seconds of decision, 5 seconds to realize your purpose here on the planet .... It takes 5 second to realize that its time to move..Its time to GET DOWN with it ....Brothers, it's time to testify! and what I want to know is: Are you ready to testify, . ARE YOU READY?!?!?! I give you a testimonial-..the ......

The album name is all you really need....

Edited by wasway

Are you ready to sit by His throne?

Are you ready not to be alone?

Someone's comin' to take you home.

If you're ready he will carry you home

YES! YES! I'm ready! Pacific Gas and Electric

The guitarist was Glenn Schwartz(his brother is Gene S.)

Wasway____You are quick on the draw!

Lay it on us.

Wasway--------I don't consider myself to be a hard core rocker, just someone who grew up too close to the Detroit music scene to not know this one.

I'm going to kick it back out to my brothers and sisters so they can jam on it awhile.

Allright waysider... I new there was a reason that I liked you... I was at the Grande Ballroom the night they made that album....Talk about a life changing experience

CLICK HERE to Kick 'em out

AND HERE IS ANOTHER LATER VERSION

Edited by wasway

AHH!----------Those Euclid Ave. memories! I think I saw Moody Blues there when "Go Now" was their big hit.

It cost all of a buck. Saw King Crimson across the street at what was maybe called The Palace.

Does that name seem correct? Ever go to The Corral? I played in a band that had the Saturday night gig there.

We weren't very good but we sure had fun and we put alot of "Soul" into everything we did as if there was actually a purpose to it. :wink2:

I got mugged outside the Grande the night of the concert... they got my wallet but not my tickets....we went to the Grande, the Easttown... the Painted Pony in Dearborn hgts (on telegraph rd) The Studio in Westland...Cobo hall, Ford theatre saw Seger (all the time) big brother & the HC (w/janis), MC5, Sunday Funnies, Suzi Quatro..(Mike Quatro, too) FLY, Amboy Dukes... and lots more that I can't remember.. Motor City use to rock!!!!