GreaseSpot Cafe

Name that Tune

Raf

For those like me who had to figure it out, the title is "Hell is for Children."

George, George, George... relax take a deep breath... have some fun here!

I recently found a DVD of a concert from the 70's of this performer... a song that really hit home with me 'back in the day'...

I was once like you are now, and I know that it's not easy,

To be calm when you've found something going on.

But take your time, think a lot,

Why, think of everything you've got.

For you will still be here tomorrow, but your dreams may not.

Can you hear it in your head?

[Looks it up]

Apparently, I was correct.

I'm going to try something a little different here. These are all bass lines (or other vocal rhythm parts) to doo-wop and old rock tunes. Can you identify them?

Din din din da din da din din, didda didda din, didda din, didda didda didda didda down

Down doobie doo down down, comma comma (3X) (then song title)

Down down down down down, down ba doobie, (3X) down wah wah wa wah-oo

Dip dip dip dip dip dip dip dip, yum yum yum yum yum yum (then song title)

Bow buh buh bow buh bow buh bow bow, buh buh bow buh buh bong a ding a dong dang, a ding a dong dang (then song title)

George

Edited by GeorgeStGeorge

[Looks it up]

Apparently, I was correct.

I'm going to try something a little different here. These are all bass lines (or other vocal rhythm parts) to doo-wop and old rock tunes. Can you identify them?

Din din din da din da din din, didda didda din, didda din, didda didda didda didda down

Down doobie doo down down, comma comma (3X) (then song title) My guess (not even a guess): Breaking Up Is Hard To Do.

Down down down down down, down ba doobie, (3X) down wah wah wa wah-oo

Dip dip dip dip dip dip dip dip, yum yum yum yum yum yum (then song title)

Bow buh buh bow buh bow buh bow bow, buh buh bow buh buh bong a ding a dong dang, a ding a dong dang (then song title) My guess: Blue Mooooooooon you saw me standing alooooone.

George

So far, so good, Raf. Those were, admittedly, the easiest two. Of course, as I wrote the syllables down, I could hear the tune in my head. It's not easy to read the syllables and guess the melody.

A bit more of a hint: Nicholas Cage, Jim Carrey, et al., sang the first one in "Peggy Sue Got Married." The fourth one is used during the closing credits of "Trading Places." I can't think of such a reference for the third one. If no one gets it soon, I'll name the artist, which should help.

George

The third one is "Come and Go With Me," I think. I can definitely hear it in my head. And everytime I think of it, I picture the establishing credits at the beginning of a bunch of episodes of Happy Days.

Here's more from the fourth song. What I gave before is the beginning of the song, but this part will be more familiar:

Sha na nah nah, sha na na na nah bow dow (3X) Sha na nah nah, sha na na na nah, Dip dip dip dip dip dip dip dip, yum yum yum yum yum yum (then song title)

The first song is my favorite doo-wop song (but that doesn't help, does it?)

George