GreaseSpot Cafe

9th Corps

notinKansasanymore

I will not reprove more. Ye bible says if a man wants to be stu-peed, let him be stu-peed.

ROA - I think we should all pack only PJ's, bringing back to life "Dr.'s" vision on the one body sleepover, although the term "sleep" was always used figuratively.

And we would get PAID for our year's service, $75/hr.

ya know... that feelowsheeper fellow has been gone since before I got here hasn't he?

did he go to Africa with that guy who wrote that book

(I don't really think he went to Africa, he's just watching this stuff on the discovery channel and animal planet and wants us to think he did... kinda like the moon landings)...?

anyway niKa... you're AC sounds so friendly (the voices say "that's cool")

hahahahahahahahahahaha!

...big hitter the lama...

Australia is not just farther than Texas... it RIVALS Texas in terms of thinking the world revolves around their part of it...

Did you know that all of the globes in the schoolrooms in Australia have The South Pole On TOP!!@#$$%^&**

BUT, why not. I mean the world is in SPACE... and there is no "up" or "down" in space.

This all could have been settled once and for all if the director for the moon landing movie had just read his script more closely. When they were on the set filiming the moon landing (like TomStrange talked about), someone forgot the "THIS END UP" sticker that is CLEARLY visible from airplanes when flying over Canada.

Some one should tell them that the "Land Down Under" is not Canada... Just fly over Ungava Bay and you'ss see the sticker. It is about 35 miles long with an arrow pointing to Santa's house.

I'm from Texas, and my husband's oldest friend is from Australia; this means that my better half is surrounded by folks who think that their birthplaces rival Heaven.

Another strange thing about most maps is that the continents with mostly white folks, particularly those North of the Equator, are drawn larger than they actually are, and continents with mostly other colors of folks, particularly those South of the equator, are drawn much smaller than they actually are.

Africa is a lot bigger than you think it is.

So, never mind revisionist history; what about the revisionist present day?

It's been over 110 here today, and it's not a dry one, 'cause I had to switch from evap cooler to A/C.

And we had an ozone alert because we are bad stewards of our environment.

Mas cervesa... and make sure there's lime to go with it, pls.

Hope yer finding easy ways to keep the gang cool in Okie land.

Oops, pardon me

I seem to have stumbled into the wrong thread.

Geeeze, ooooh, I'm so embarrassed. Sorry guys, carry on.

oh crap. I'm serious. Too many rum and cokes by the pool.

[This message was edited by ex10 on July 13, 2003 at 23:11.]

Edited by Guest

Thanks for the tip on our graduation, Cextherapy. Today I must needs take out my theology diploma and re-commission myself toward that more worthy endeavor mentioned on this page multiple times; mucho mas cervesa. Dos Equis o dos imperiales, por favor.

Mira, Yo estoy muy, muy intelligente, y guapo, y fuerte, y duro, y macho, y perfecto (exartizo - THROUGHLY perfected unto every good work), y mas. Pero estoy triste por que no estoy en Emporia con mis amigos y professores. Y tango muchisimo hambre. Vamos a la tienda para pollo media con arroz (Carlos, that is) ...

Simon, please interpret, like in the good ole days in res ...

Edited by Guest

Okay Simontheloaded... we have seeds (I've seen them in a previous life)... we have a field (how big is it? is it big enough to play base-a-ball?)... we have tares (could you please do a word study on that so that we'll know the exact meaning of the word that you'd like us to use?)... and finally, we have an enemy (I think it was Will Rogers who said "I have no enemies, only friends I haven't met"., or maybe that was Zig Ziglar)...

so, what would Will Rogers do with his seeds? (or Zig Ziglar) or Tom Brown the trackster?

Hmmmm? Can you tell from the context or would you have to look back to where the word was used before? and if so, which word?

If you could please clear these things up before you pass out from either the heat or too many cervesas I'd appreciate it... if you'd like to have the Rockster come over to help you with the word studies, that's OK as well...

MissEx: I'll be bringing those little Chocolate and Vanilla Jello Puddings to feelowsheep for refreshments... OK?

... big hitter, the lama...

Twenty-two years. Thanks for the reminder; I hadn't realized.

I have been out of our former denomination for something like seventeen years now. I had only been "in" for twelve.

Yes, the covenant of salt. Salt and lime?

I'm glad that God got us out of there.

By the way, I surely did iron a lot of wedding dresses that next day. If one of them was yours (or your wife's), I hope things turned out well.

Stayed up (at the emergency room) until 1:00 am; my four-year-old swallowed a penny. She's fine; she even slept through the x-rays, because it was sooooo far past her bedtime; now, we're just waiting to get our money back! icon_smile.gif:)-->

i'm so glad your daughter is fine, nika.

one time my brother went to spit a straight pin through a straw at one of my other brothers. he inhaled to give it a real good blow and the straight pin went in him. he was in the hospital quite a while strapped down and periodically x-rayed while it traveled along -- so as not to puncture anything.

thank you for all your ironing. it did not work out, but live and learn, or at least keep living, eh ? icon_wink.gif;)-->icon_wink.gif;)-->

i'm senti-mental today. so many wonderful people....

nice to find some here....

oh yes, two of my other brothers (identical twins [they did everything together]) swallowed "fascination" balls (do you remember that game ?) my mother went to change their diapers and they weighed a ton. scared the you-know-what outta her. ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha -- then she saw the silver balls in the diapers.

Edited by Guest

my little sister put a rock (well a pebble, she has a little pug nose) up her nose and i think that required an emergency room visit.

my little brother put a printing stamp thingy (a little square thing with an image on it) in his ear.

i'm sure there's more.

our family get-togethers are a lot of fun when we tell stories about growing up.

hugs (especially for simon icon_wink.gif;)-->)

rev. strange, the pudding sounds delightful

Edited by Guest

That salt covenant, is that for margaritas or coronas?

So glad to have found all these strange and stranger people (I used to be able to play "stranger in the night" on a telephone dial pad)... and remember Charlie LeCount teaching me to play the trombone...without having to take the trouble of using a trombone to do so...

But I digress.

Many thanks for niKa, and Rev TT, and simonthebloated, and all the rest.

Peace dudes, and dudettes.

btw, on the subject of stuff up the nose... my brother's sibling once put beer nuts in his nostrils (that was me, and it earned me a trip to the ER.