GreaseSpot Cafe

9th Corps

notinKansasanymore

Sorry, Tommie! Don't want to ingnore my spiritual responsibilities.

If you have too much snow, you'd better get either:

a) some gas pumps

b) a snowboard and one of those funny hats

c) hot chocolate with those little bitty marshmallows

I made this multiple choice so as not to tax us too much in our minds, before April 15th.

Happy Friday, everybody!

"Live just, and fear not."

Fellowshipper, no problem. We loved seeing you again.

For some reason, I've been baking two or three times a week lately; must be the cold weather.

Anybody with whom I ever shared a home in my TWI years would be shocked to learn that I can bake. I remember watching Edie Donatelli make a loaf of bread from scratch when we were on the WOW field in the mid-70's; I thought she was some kind of magician.

Fellowsipper, my Hubby sure loved trading Australia stories with you. Maybe we'll run into you there in a few years.

For now, you let us know when you'll be back in town; we'll keep the light on just for you.

Oh, I also privatetopic'd you earlier today.

Edited by Guest

Niki as cold it is today I wish I could have another batch of homemade buns. Meanwhile us single parents will provide some cooking all the day long just to make the house smell good as the kids will stay on their behind the scene junk food diet unbeknowst to me. I am getting all of the cooking done so I can watch the super bowl tonight

Well, I think that guys rock in the kitchen; as you know from personal experience, my husband is definitely the best cook in this home.

I admire you for keeping those beautiful kiddos into the healthy stuff and out of the candy jar as much as possible; you know, those little Keebler elves can be pretty persuasive.

I raise my spatula in silent saa-LUTE!

Well, I'd have to admit that we're not quite as exciting as the Superbowl halftime show, but we get by.

Next week: Yankee Potroast. Bring your spatulas.

Hey, don't forget to vote, either. I had an eighteen=year-old student make an amazingly astute observation:

"MY friends are in Iraq because YOUR friends didn't vote!"

Out of the mouths of babes . . ..

icon_rolleyes.gif:rolleyes:-->

Actually, the primary election was for both Democrats and Republicans.

In Oklahoma, Bush got 90 percent of his own party's primary votes.

Some dude named Wyatt, totally unknown, from Who-Knows-Where, who's never campaigned a minute that I've ever heard of, and may actually be a trained monkey for all I know, took 10 percent of Oklahoma Republican's primary votes away from our sitting President.

I say that will all respect and affection for my Repubican brothers and sisters on this thread.

It's perhaps worth mentioning that Ross Perot caused quite a stir in American politics by garnering only 11 percent of the popular vote.

I only saw one picture of Wyatt; I couldn't tell whether he had big ears, or any pie charts.

Fellowshipper, I'd have given you a beer, had I been aware of your dilemma! icon_smile.gif:)-->

I was absent from this astute gathering because it was "the 100th day of school."

On the 100th day of school, we have a party every hour. I was in first grade all day, with my seven-year-old, having a party every hour.

Of course, to get into the parties, they had to pass skills tests, involving spelling words, math problems, etc.

But you should have seen 'em. A whole room full of deliriously happy first graders, going from fun thing to fun thing. Completely precious.

Edited by Guest

oh... so it's a ploy to make sure that the maximum number of kids will be there? so sneaky those school administrators!

but I'm glad ourseestorniKa got to go to so many parties... and have fun with the little niKa junior!

I'm on the outside, looking inside, what do I see? Much confusion, disillusion, all around me.

Edited by Guest