GreaseSpot Cafe

9th Corps

notinKansasanymore

yep, it's a nice little park, I'm sure that HopeR and Hegotout have been there... I went to a game a few years ago right after Joe D's death, there were memorials to him all over the place, it was a tribute night there...

I'm on the outside, looking inside, what do I see? Much confusion, disillusion, all around me.

Yeah, nice field. Legends Field, they call it. Steinbrenner developed it to be a miniature "clone" of Yankee Stadium. I got his autograph recently. He was in a tiny restaurant that our workers go to all the time, kind of a dive. He goes there for lunch. It's near Legends Field. Nice guy. Very philanthropic.

and... I've run into Derek Jeter a few times in our part of town. Twice at a local (not fancy) restaurant, and once while he was filling up his silver 'Vette at a Circle K mini-mart.

Besides being adorable, he's a really nice guy. Never scoffs at a fan, always gives an autograph (even when he's in the middle of breakfast!). When I saw him at the gas station, two girls pulled up to the pump next to him, jumped out and asked if they could take his pic. He got someone else to take their pic-with his arms around them! He has donated to a lot of local school and charity auctions, a signed bat or ball or jersey. Like I said, an all-around nice guy. Wish I could say the same for some of the Buccaneers (can you say Keyshawn?).

Hope R. color>size>face>

... there's a star on the far horizon, rising bright in an azure sky,

for the rest of the time that you're given, why walk when you can fly?

Mary Chapin Carpentersize>color>

Edited by Guest

You are a woman after mine own heart, sexie. I have had those very thoughts, pure thoughts, today...

Say it again, for someone needs it, say it again ...

Say it again, till someone heeds it, say it again ...

Why must time go by so fast?? I suppose that's why they invented the large bottles of beer.

Hey Dr.TomStrangelove, help! I need you. (You are a doctor, right?)

May I have one of your snow cones, please? I think my dentist broke my freekin' jaw tonight. Dr. Strange, dispenser of sweet ice. You could make that your shingle.

And welcome back, my dear Exsie, even if only for a little while. And yes, eff 'em.

And speaking of baseball, our team sorta sucks, but we have one of the most beauteous stadiums in the country. If you're ever in the land Of Cleves during baseball season, be sure not to miss it.

Not a bad seat in the house. I even like it in the bleachers (great view of the outfielders' butts, and you can even see the game from out there!)

I was in those cheap seats one night when Mark McGuire hit a homer that slammed into the scoreboard right over our heads. We did the "we're not worthy" bow to him for that one!

Drugs, I need drugs.

'night,

Interlopin' Linda

PS. You might wonder why I, a FV person, like to lurk and occasionally post here. M-I-C-K-E-Y...Why, because I like you! M-O-U-S-E

Why else? Because you're our sister Corps or brother Corpuscles or something.

Why else? Because FV's thread stays in the basement. I just can't bear to type by myself there. We had some old folks in our Corps (RIP Clarence G., you old sweetie), but some of us are still alive, I know it!

We're leaving now.

Edited by Guest

Happy VD belated times for all of you ninth Corps girls or silent listeners too.

Linda Z isn't that a country and western song,namely the cheap seat. We just had a new stadium built in Oklahoma city in brick town. I took the boys and we were on third base. I likee my seatee. We had a view and it did something for my boys I was with.We had a blast.

Ha! I wish, Tuttle!

"Get thee hence" and thou mind outta the gutter.

Unfortunately this was just dumb set up crew for Xmas with Dr. & Mrs. You see, even the set up crew had to "dress their best. Ha!"

We weren't an item though I loved her accent and all those other foreigners' accents too. We American boys trapped in residence were "easily persuaded."

Tricia was ..... really into "the program" best I could tell.

Hi, ya'll!

So much to read and catch up on, and so little time. Computer at home is still compromised, so I'm at work. Office hours are over, and I'm outta here! I't going to be almost 70 here this afternoon, and I've got a date at the park with my kids.

Loved the picture of Trish and Hegotcandles.

"Live just, and fear not."