GreaseSpot Cafe

9th Corps

notinKansasanymore

The Ice Cream Bowl deserves to be told by someone who was in on the plotting and planning. You know who you are.

Don and Bill had a list. It was nearing graduation, and they were making a list of girls whom they'd like to "get to know better." I remember walking past them one afternoon, the two of them in serious cahoots, heads together, plotting who knows what. Don made one of his usual good-humored remarks about whatever was the cover story, and I, for once in my life, came up with a snappy comeback. He gave me such a compliment, then! He twinkled his eyes, winked at me, and said, "Ohhhhh. You're on the List!

I thought very highly of Don. I called him a few years ago, when something momentus in my life had happened, to tell him about it. We had a wonderful conversation, and it was the last time we spoke.

He was, as he used to say, "built for comfort, not for speed." He may have been talking about his build, but to me, the comfort part was all about his great big heart.

I wasn't involved in that clique,George...In fact,the 9th corpse was full of cliques...Us'n's here at gs were the only ones left over after everybody joined their cliques...So,we're kind of a cliqueless clique with no clique to cling to but our own clique...

All I remember about the ice cream bowl is that there was a steakhouse in Emporia that you could get that softserve ice cream for ten cents a bowl...Often,many of us would jog over there and fill up a huge bowl of ice cream until the manager complained to Craig,or somebody,that the intent of the ten cent ice cream was to provide desert for paying,steak-eating customers,not starving way college students...Craig was very cross when he chided the participants at mealtime....

I have had an epiphany.

God told me to tell you that the only way we're going to get the true skinny on the ice cream bowl is for somebody to reach out and touch Bill, and convince him to come to Greasespot and tell us about it himself.

If you know how to reach Bill, please let him know that his name is being called over the loudspeaker.

William, we are dealing you in.

Ante is your two cents.

love, niKa

Duh! what is Speaking in Tongues good for ??? Will go to heaven and all hell can't stop you??? from going??? .... Ministers are sent to earth to make it hell while here so you know you won't go later cause you been through it here ... expert of the holy spirit field??? Wierwille ... ??? no F___king way....