GreaseSpot Cafe

Breathtaking !!

Cowgirl

woz_poppies.jpg

"And now, my beauties! ... something with poison in it, I think; with poison in it, but attractive to the eye and soothing to the smell!.. Poppies ... poppies ... poppies will put them to sleep ... sleep ... now they'll sleep ..."

sudo

Shellon, this one's for you, it's wisteria, I have some of this growing in my backyard, not as big as this vine and is buried under snow right now but hey I'm slowly getting there. I can't wait for the growing season to begin ! I have lots of gardens all around my backyard and I'm just itching to get at them !

Wisteria-&-Fountain-3-04.jpg

Cowgirl

Waterbuffalo this one's for you! I've got about 6 of these also growing in the backyard, these ones I got from a lady when they were only about a foot tall, so I just dug them up and transplanted them and they are thriving like crazy!

lilacs%204.jpg

Cowgirl

Edited by Cowgirl

Here ya go Krysilis !! I also have some rose bushes growing in my gardens but I haven't had the best success with them my next project is to grow some climbing roses so I can cover my wooden arch like the one in that picture.

rosearbour.jpg

barndance2001-05-17b.jpg

Cowgirl

Edited by Cowgirl

this is one of my all time favourites, "Lily of the Valley", they grow wild. There is a little forest right behind my house and every June when they are in full bloom as you walk through the woods, the fragrance they give off is absolutely heavenly !

LILY%20OF%20THE%20VALLEY.jpg

Cowgirl

It's the poppies, dmiller, They got Oldies!

Cowgirl, the pics are lovely. I can almost smell them. I am always looking for old, non-longstemmed roses, because they still have their lovely fragrance. The cultivated flower shop roses don't smell anymore!

I have a lilac bush near the front door here. I can hardly wait.

Lily-of-the-valley is also one of my faves. There were a ton of them growing where I used to live, and wild l.o.v. in the woods -- not as pretty to look at, but just as aromatic.

My favorite time of year is mid-spring, when the ephemerals come out. Those are the wild flowers that bloom before the leaves come out on the trees and shade them.

Lordy, when does that happen in Maine? September???

icon_wink.gif;)-->

Shaz