GreaseSpot Cafe

The Way Rumors Get Started

satori001

It's tough to find fresh and stimulating reading material around HQ. After the nightly bible study, what to read... what to read?

It's been suggested that some of The Way's most outspoken critics of "the world" and its corrupt ways have their magazine subscriptions sent to fake names, at PO boxes in nearby towns.

Which magazines they subscribe to is difficult to say, due to the brown paper wrappers. National Geographic? Maybe not, but stimulating for sure.

quote:
It's funny that satori would bring up the subject of rumors...because I heard, and I am looking for verification on this...that Donna M. has a "thing" for fresh vegtables. I can't go into detail, on this forum, what I was told...but if anyone has any information on this...please come forward with it...

UH,

She's bean trying to squash that rumor for years. She wouldn't carrot all except it would lettuce know that she is doing these things while collecting her Way celery. While it may seem corny, she has also, while in Lima, bean seen stalking her de-tractors here.

JT

...rumoreth hasitith that there is neweth "offshoot" neareth the farm.

I am only 15 minutes away....going to drive by so husband (who was never in TWI-and is telling me stuff that a guy at work is telling him - the guy lives right near the farm and always has) can see. I shall take my digital camera and gets some current pics and post (if I can figure out how to post them).

outofdafog turned sleuth (not slothful)

Howard Allen has never been accused of being too "dapper," except when his Corps aids dress him up to be presentable, but in recent years he has gotten pretty seedy. Could it be from hanging around with... the wrong seeds? For instance he's sometimes noticed walking around with toilet paper stuck to his shoe, or that's what it looks like from satellite photos. Staffers show as much discretion as they can muster and stifle laughter until he's out of earshot.

They are not sacrificed but buried animal carcasses. Ohio State law requires that all animals trapped must be euphemized to prevent disease transmissions. They [multi services] have been drowning and burying them for years [safety just shots them]. I don't know if the practice still continues today. It was still a policy in '97

Do innies get PO'd? Apparently, it isn't the outties who are taking a leak in the Fountain of Living Waters. Some have had it up to here, having received and retained so much to .... them off, they can't help but release. They have (some say) formed a little club, and one of its initiation rites is to refresh the P in VPW, who rests somewhere beneath the fountain's foaming waters. So far, nobody's been caught.

Now, it would be more of a scandal, but since the occasional drunken trustee or cabinet member has relieved himself there after an envigorating believers' meeting, security is more relaxed than we might have thought. Rosalie is believed not to mind, as long as "offenders" leave the seat down.

Now Emogene is a different story. To hear it told, she may have found herself quite a loyal following, despite her reputation. Apparently, the perfume she likes to wear seems to arouse Ohio's fly population, and when she goes outdoors they follow her devotedly in a small cloud (of witnesses?). This is quite an achievement, since surrounding Ohio farms are piled high with manure, for at least part of the growing season, but the flies still seem to prefer Emogene. She shouldn't get all the credit of course. It may also attest to the fact that no amount of bull.... found on a typical farm can hope to compete with TWI, so there are already plenty of flies around.

Nothing's confirmed of course, but staffers might have been heard remarking how the flies seem to follow Emogene even without her perfume, and that she's taken to carrying breadcrumbs so she can sit outside in the Ohio sun and feed them, kind of like feeding pigeons. Some of them do approach the size of pigeons out there in Ohio.

On a side note, food services may have taken to experimenting with fly larvae, being a natural source of protein, and very economical. With MSG and a little pepper, they reportedly taste a bit like chicken. Staffers should know that the small amount of insecticide found in maggots is probably not toxic, and anyway, it's blessed, so that's where their believing should be.

quote:
Do innies get PO'd? Apparently, it isn't the outties who are taking a leak in the Fountain of Living Waters. Some have had it up to here, having received and retained so much to .... them off, they can't help but release. They have (some say) formed a little club, and one of its initiation rites is to refresh the P in VPW, who rests somewhere beneath the fountain's foaming waters. So far, nobody's been caught.

I have seen the fountain at night and wondered how DO they make the pee come out in different colors?

JT

JT, it's all based on the special lunch time dinners they serve. They're secretly adding truth serum to the food so that they can find out who the non kool-aid drinkers are that are left. The side effect of the serum is different colored pee based on the acidity of the person's body.