GreaseSpot Cafe

What is the deal with.....

outofdafog

4/25/2005 - Teachers-Sexual Convictions

DETROIT (AP) - A newspaper investigation has found that Michigan's Department of Education has failed to adequately track teachers convicted of sexual assault and other crimes. The Department of Education maintains it aggressively goes after abusive teachers. But The Detroit News says its investigation found that potentially abusive teachers have been allowed to slip through the cracks. Several teachers convicted of crimes against minors never had their certification revoked. State education officials say local prosecutors failed to notify them about the convictions. A state auditor general report released last year found that 222 licensed school workers had criminal records -- and that the state did not know about 178 of them.

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Great posts Galen.....

I do think there are LOTS of stupid people too.

But I think the law of "natural selection" has been impeded/tampered with. For example... had you jumped up and blown the "impulsive" idiots brains all over the steering wheel.... he would never hve had an impulsive moment again. In the old days stupid people paid for their stupidity... with loss of limb, or life. Not so today!!! Oh no no no no. THEY seldom pay... but the innocent pay in spades!!! How many STUPID drunk drivers kill and maim everyday on our streets. Sometimes a multiple repeat offender. Who pays for their stupidity??? The innocent!

Stupid people would simply die younger. Is it up to society to protect the right of stupid people to be stupid???? Maybe, but not at my expense.

So I'm ALL for "southern style vigilante justice" (Thanks Linda Z... I guess the Yankees got it all out of their system when they RAPED their way through the south during "the war"... but I digress...really!!!) SHOOT EM! SHOOT EM ALL

quote:
So Lorna, you think a return to the gun-slingin' Wild West, or maybe the vigilante spirit so rampant in the South in the previous two centuries would solve the problem of child molestation?

I got a problem with this Linda Z....

maybe you should think about an edit...

Ya got nothin to say about the rightous north hmmm???

Al Poole:

"Great posts Galen....."

Thanks.

"I do think there are LOTS of stupid people too. But I think the law of "natural selection" has been impeded/tampered with. For example... had you jumped up and blown the "impulsive" idiots brains all over the steering wheel.... he would never have had an impulsive moment again."

LOL, true. But at that point I was not in a condition to 'jump' up and do anything. :-)

I do feel that we have really tampered with 'natural selection' though, in many arenas of life.

"... In the old days stupid people paid for their stupidity... with loss of limb, or life. Not so today!!! Oh no no no no. THEY seldom pay... but the innocent pay in spades!!! How many STUPID drunk drivers kill and maim everyday on our streets. Sometimes a multiple repeat offender. Who pays for their stupidity??? The innocent!"

And it was once argued that allowing motorized vehicles in public would lessen drunk-driving accidents!

"Stupid people would simply die younger. Is it up to society to protect the right of stupid people to be stupid???? Maybe, but not at my expense."

Or at least, after being wounded or mauled they would no longer be able to support a family, and thus they would never find a mate, thus they would never breed...

I also see that we have tampered with the natural selection process, by modern medicines and vitamin fortified foods. Today we have healthy people reaching maturity and breeding, who 0ne hundred years ago would have never made it past adolescence. My Grandparents were raised in families of 13 - 18 children. Right here in America. In the hopes that a few would reach maturity. Depending on who you talk to, and which set of statistics you read, anywhere from 10%-80% of annual births resulted in something other than perfect health.

Now as we breed with others who are survivors of childhood disorders and deficiencies, those numbers can only double. Soon what percentage of our population could be born, grow to maturity; without the intervention of modern medicine?

We have became dependent upon modern medicine and it is expensive.

If anything should happen to strip away our medical care system, how many of our nation would survive?

:-)

quote:
So Lorna, you think a return to the gun-slingin' Wild West, or maybe the vigilante spirit so rampant in the South in the previous two centuries would solve the problem of child molestation?"

No Linda, I am not talking about vigilante, that is why we have police. However; if it was known that more citizens owned and knew how and when to handle guns, less wackos would be inclined to just walk into your home when the "spirit" moved them. I am talking about defending your land (property) which includes your family. I would never hesitate to do whatever I had to if my family was threatened. Of course you try to get help but it is apparent that too many people die not having that option.

"The hell with relying on law enforcement to keep the peace. And forget the right to a fair trial. Shoot 'em. Shoot 'em all! "

Never said that or never meant to imply that.

"Sometimes my emotional reaction to hearing stories like these is similar to yours. But then I remember that not all people think like me--sanely.

When I think about it more rationally, it quickly dawns on me how many stupid people I encounter in the course of a week. I certainly wouldn't want all of them armed and going around shooting everyone they think is doing something wrong."

I agree with you here to a point. Unfortunately those insane "stupid" people have easy access to these weapons.

And yes people/children will make mistakes and guns go off but so do other ways of fighting, gangs, knives, baseball bats (rape), so guns are just anothe way for the insane stupid people to accomplish their goal. If you have a gun & people knew that most homeowners had one, they would be more inclined to pick on someone else.

"I'm all in favor of responsible citizen's right to keep and bear arms. But to carry out their own on-the-spot executions?"

Still talking about self-defense here.

"Sometimes there are misunderstandings. Sometimes things simply aren't as they appear. Shoot first and ask questions later" doesn't fly when hysteria sets in among the citizenry.

True but it's not only shoot first, they will use a knife in a misunderstanding or any other weapon. Guns are for reasonable, sane people. If there were registrations, testing, training that alone would help get rid of the nuts. Now the nuts have the guns and most citizens do not.

I would use Iraq as an example. If most of the Iraq people had weapons, I would think that Sadam would not have gotten where he did and caused the evil he did. Parents, men & women would have defended themselves against this type of invasion of their families.

We need more people now to rise up and learn because evil is on our doorstep and if you are unprotected you're in trouble. The nuts are still out there and we get more each day.

I think Florida is putting in a law that you can shoot anyone that threatens you or your family & I know it's on your property, but may even go beyond that.

I believe the scripture saysicon_frown.gif:(-->don't quote me) Because judgement against an evil work is not done speedily the hearts of men wax evil. OT somewhere.

PS was on vacation and just got back so sorry I didn't post sooner.

quote:
Originally posted by Mister P-Mosh:
Originally posted by LornaDoone:

If the fear of guns was gone and the same respect & knowledge of guns was taught we would have less killers on the loose.

Then we shoot the bad guys..........You screw with my family you are dead....

So what happens when, as in the vast majority of cases, the child molester is either a relative or a friend of the family? Why would daddy shoot himself when he's the one molesting the kids?

Not only that, but as satisfying as it would be to shoot a molester, it's not just to do what you are asking for. People who molest kids don't turn purple or have any other easily identifiable features to prove they are guilty. All that you have in many cases is the word of a kid vs. the word of an adult, and in some cases such as divorces, one parent (often with the help of psychiatrists) get the kids to lie about molestation. Are you willing to murder innocent people just because there is a chance that they might be a molester?

"It's one thing to catch someone raping your kid and put a bullet between their ears. That's defense."

I was talking about education in society among the masses (and I do believe most people are not nuts). Catching someone is what I was talking about. If the intruder thought you had a gun he would probably never come into your home in the first place. In addition I believe in our judicial system, I just do not believe that the penalties for such crimes is strong enough. I believe in an eye for an eye, and for a molester, well you guess it. There are ways to prevent them from ever doing it again. But the ACLU would probably defend their rights.

"However, you have no right to murder someone just because there is a chance"

Not talking about chance.

I will say, having been married to a cop, that the bad guys have absolutely no rules and every day there are more and more laws that make it harder for law enforcement to do anything to help the general population.

I can't tell you how many times my ex could have and would have loved to have done something to protect people, but was not able to because he would have been violating some law or exposing the department to multi-million dollar lawsuits. Unless you've experienced it, it's hard to explain how frustrating that can be.

I'm all for levelling the playing field and culling the gene pool by allowing natural selection to run its course. wink2.gif;)-->

quote:
Originally posted by outofdafog:

Florida did pass that law yesterday that would allow citizens to defend themselves with a gun.

Since the criminals seem to have all the rights now adays, I say that levels out the playing field.

Actually, that law is insane. It basically means that if you are in a situation anywhere in public where you feel threatened, you have the "right" to kill the person that you feel intimidated by.

I guess it's good that this law wasn't passed before the Terri Schiavo circus, because I imagine that quite a few angry people would have been legally murdering each other then.

First time offenders who rape or murder someone should be killed outright provided there is undeniable proof of their guilt. The "rock pile" for life for molesters who didn't "penetrate" or kill.

This way there would be no possible way that they could repeat. The little girl in Florida would still be alive if this were so. So would the sweet college gal in North Dakota. So would the little girl in California, after whom they made a new law. And on and on and on.

Kill them. Destroy the vessel.

Now we train the children......People in the old west were not afraid to train children to have guns so where have we gone wrong.

David slew his lions, bears etc. He used a sling shot but today we teach kids to turn the other cheek to every damn thing that gets in your face. If you respond, you get kicked out of school. Maybe they were better off with less intervention (I mean one on one), not groups or gangs.

Do I feel safe, God is my cover and shield. If I needed to use a gun he would cover that too. If you love God you would know when and where to use if if you had to invoke the name of Jesus Christ first then if necessary shoot.

I entertained The Victors at one time and they had one member of the group who always carried mace for protection. Great, now I gave it to my family members for Christmas. We have more problems with bears than people where we are.

www.mace.com

• 2 weeks later...

quote:
Just one thing about NAMBLA: Their motto is "sex before eight (age) or else it's too late." How can an adult male have consensual sex with a boy under 8 years of age?

I haven't read through all four pages yet... But the content so far makes me furious~ mad.gifmad.gifmad.gif

When my oldest son was in second grade, (in a split class~ first & second graders... teacher would teach one grade, give them something to work on, then go & teach the other grade in the room)...

Anyway, he had to get something out of his backpack, which was hanging on a hook JUST OUTSIDE THE CLASSROOM DOOR

As he was standing there with his backpack, the FIFTH GRADE MALE TEACHER ROLLED UP IN HIS WHEELCHAIR and asked my son if he'd like to push him outside to the playground... that it would be okay with his teacher since his Recess was coming up in just a few min...

Well, the dear boy was thrilled to be asked to do such a wonderful and important task...

They just went down the hall and out the door...to the side of the building, ALL the classrooms facing that side walk were empty. They went up the sidewalk, turned around and went back...during that short time, the man told my young dear son about the MOVIE HE WATCHED THE NIGHT BEFORE...it had two boys in it and the one was sitting on the other one with nothing on...and they were...(disgusting details followed)

So, my little 7 year old got a REAL GOOD mind picture...

Now this teacher had been with this school for a VERY LONG time... up for TENURE... they didn't want ANYONE to know any details...

The police were involved, but since there was no touching, didn't think much could be done... I spoke with the district attorney... they all said the same thing..

The school held an special meeting, since all the parents were very concerned about why Mr Fry wasn't at school. THIS PERVERT seemed to be THE FAVORITE teacher at this school...

Now... this guy was homo looking all the way... sweet lispy voice... one of his ears full of earrings... tall thin man... very feminine acting... he lived about 2 hours away from the school, and the Pricipal just loved him, and thought he was so dedicated to make such a long drive every day.

During the meeting to inform parents and ask questions...my husband and I sat... the parents wanted to know who would make such horrible accusations against their beloved teacher... some even stood up and said 'yeah, let us know who they are and we'll take care of them'...

We just kept our mouth shut icon_eek.gif and couldn't believe these people didn't even want to know what the guy did... some even said so... It didn't mater what he did, they wouldn't believe it... he couldn't do anything to make them not like him...

We found out later, that the middle and high school there was FLOODED with HOMO boys... frustrated young boys, not sure of their identity...

I'm sure they had Mr Fry to thank....

The officer that took down the report came to our house, sat in our living room and said... if this were my son, I would shoot the guy, I don't care what would happen to me... but that teacher would be dead! icon_eek.gif

I had to convince my husband that life would be very difficult for the rest of us if he were in prison...

Oh, we were in TWI at the time... (anyone remember the sign 'we don't call 911' w/ a picture of a 357?)

The District Attorney came over to our house too... he wanted to speak with us and our son... he SO wanted to do something, and had gone over the law... over & over & over... and he just didn't see anything in it to help us 'win'... the School Union protected the teacher... the teacher had access to free GOOD legal... and was getting PAID while he was suspended... The DA was almost in tears~ unless he was sure of a 'win', he didn't want our son to have to go through the experience of telling what happened, and have to answer the questions of the other attorney... he thought it would be more damaging~

Another problem the DA had... in order to get to that particular sidewalk, through the doors they went through, there was no ramp... now my son was VERY detailed with what happened... Mr Fry stood up here and got the wheels...blah, blah, blah... so the guy really didn't need a wheelchair, he stood up and got the chair out onto the sidewalk... Mr Fry had eveyone convinced that he couldn't walk? That was odd... because when we started at that school, he was walking around just fine, swinging his hips with his delicate hand in the air & pinky finger out icon_rolleyes.gif:rolleyes:-->

We just left the school & did homeschool...

The electric chair would be far too nice...

Having them stand naked in front of a firing squad of parents, with a bloody brick wall behind them would be more appropriate! AND YES... IT SHOULD BE TELEVISED... FOR ALL TO SEE!!!... then the mangled remains should be burned right there... all televised until the ashes blow away mad.gif

Edited by SafariVista