GreaseSpot Cafe

Miles Of Smiles

Paradiseden

Bev eventually married Tom Be*nner, 6th corps. I think you can find a site for him somewhere.

ror

Oh yeah, her folks are in the Oakland CA telephone book...R & J Ander*on....good luck. That album brings back great memories of my high school years.

We had the opportunity of knowing both a Steve Strict and a Steve Strezpek.

I was not aware that either of them had performed any music.

Steve Strezpek was our Limb Leader in Ct in 1980-ish. I only met him once, he was counciling friend of mine about marriage. He had told them that he would marry them, but that he did not feel it was the right time for it. They continued the 'counseling' for 6 months, until it became a 'crisis' as the man was a military servicemember and getting ready to transfer. So I prerformed their wedding for them. That was when Strezpec showed up, and informed us all that he had been lying to the couple. He had no intention of ever marrying them, as he beleived that marriage was only appropriate for corps-grads. He was jsut going through the motions in the hope that they would eventually give up and go to a J.P. I exposed Strezpec's deciet and he threw me out of the fellowship, telling everyone that I was born of a 'different' seed.

Steve Strict was our Branch Coordinator in Fresno California in 1983-ish. I think that he was already divorced and re-married at that time.

:-)

Other than that, and knowing that I coordinated fellowships and ran classes under both men, I doubt whether either man would recognize me on the street if I bumped into them.

In fact, I did bump into Strezpec at a Word-in-business conference about 10 years after our first meeting, my beard was at about the same length both times, and he did not recognize me. I had to remind him of the details of our first meeting. and he said "well I do remember that there was a minister in one of our fellowships, and I threw him out, because he was ministering to our people, but he had a beard". To which I had to laugh as I was wearing a beard as I stood before him at the Word in business conference. LOL, What a jerk, what a lying sack of ****.

:-)

Wow....does this bring back many memories....driving around in our car that did not run very well singing out loud to this tape over and over again.

I loved that album. Linda Z. is right about it being Strick. Count me in for purchasing a copy of this CD if anyone can find it or I have lots of other unused tapes of Way music I could trade.

We would drive over to headquarters from Indiana singing and playing that song O.....HI....O over and over again. We wore out that tape with so many great fun songs!

I knew Steve & Bev when we were in California, right when the album was released. You may remember they were standing together on the cover, with Bev's arm draped over Steve's shoulder. When the cover came out, she was so embarrased because she thought people would think she was showing off her wedding ring, which was right out front!

I too would love a copy, if anyone has one-just for the smiles.

My family and I were at a funtion this past weekend in Tennessee. We got CDs of all 3 Pressed Down recordings. The first one has 9 bonus tracks on it, some from studio, some live at ROA '73. Joe Fair lives in Nashville now. All this can be yours via jtmwfair@aol.com.

I have cassette of Miles of Smiles that plays fair to good at times..as most likley I play it once a month if so inspired..I figured that the two of them got chewed out now & then for their "inaccurate" lyrics, as some of the songs are probably "off da word" biblically accuracy wise..LOL..funny as they were the first Wayfer Productions people I ever saw at the BRC right around Jan of 75...them & Joe Fa*r before he was with pressed down..ah..fond memories..I too would like it on CD if available..I loved Bev's flute music & the way she carried herself..just seemed like a genuine person to me!! JJ

quote:
Originally posted by johniam:

My family and I were at a funtion this past weekend in Tennessee. We got CDs of all 3 Pressed Down recordings. The first one has 9 bonus tracks on it, some from studio, some live at ROA '73. Joe Fair lives in Nashville now. All this can be yours via jtmwfair@aol.com.

johniam,

Thanks for the info on Pressed Down's first album now being on cd. That's my favorite, being so mellow and spacey 'n all.

I tried that email address but haven't received any reply. Does Joe have a website?

Thanks.

Danny

• 4 weeks later...