GreaseSpot Cafe

Unconventional Marriage-- at least according to The Way

Catcup

HAving tried twice at "conventional" marriage {because believe me when I tell you that there isn't an iota of difference between Free Methodism's idea of A "good Marriage" and TWI's definition of same} and ended up battered and bruised, emotionally , spritually and physically I can tell you that belief System etal is a crock, no matter which denomination is spouting it.

Now that I am seriously considering that I might be ready to and least stick my foot into the pool again I have some really good marriages to look upto.

1) they have two married couples who they've known for years as mutual friends, otherwise their circles are pretty much separate althought they do both enjoy creative hobbies but not in the same arena. Married 39 years and the first thing they do when they get home is hug and kiss, often times caught playing kissy face in the kitchen when they think no one is looking

2) She's active in her church , He's agnostic, but their blended family is happy. He is often seen at her church helping out because it is important to her. MArried 8 years

3) Totally different Interests and hobbies, loved each other to pieces. married 70 Years and even 10 years after his passing my grandmother would say "the finest man who ever wore shoe leather" She lived to 105 alert and healthy until the last two months. My grandmother was nobody's doormate and neither was he

"conventional" TO ME means Two heterosexual persons in a monagamous relationship recorded on paper --aftet that it is the couple involved who makes the rules

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

CW-- yeah, I know.

As a side note:

Pro-mul-gate

According to the second usage recorded in Merriam-Webster's tenth edition Collegiate Dictionary:

2a: to make known or public the terms of (a proposed law) 2b: to put (a law) into action or force.

The law that marriage for Way Followers is legitimate only if both husband and wife agree on every little detail was made known or public to both The Way Corps and the general body of believers by the BOT/BOD of The Way International via Corps teachings, classes, Sunday Teaching Services, area, state, branch, and home fellowships, and private counsel.

This law was put into action or force by The Way International by forcing their way into the lives, bedrooms, and even private thoughts of innocent people.

quote:
Yes it is a public forum and I have every right to post here as well-- whether you like it or not. And on any thread I choose.

It may be a public forum, but concerning rights to post because it's a public forum, the rights are confined by privilege and especially to those that own this forum and the rules that govern them.

am i right about this?

In Other words ~~~ nobody has a right to a drivers license

Geek and I have always been quite different from each other. As a matter of fact, when our engagement was announced, a scream went up over the entire assembled crowd at the Christmas party in 1977 because no one would have ever put us together-- a lot of people actually thought it was a joke. Even Wierwille was surprised-- I was later taken to task by a roommate who said VP wanted engaged couples to come to him for his "blessing" before publicly announcing their engagement. I told her that was news to me!

When I first saw Geek in residence, I told friends of mine that he would be the last person in The Corps I would ever marry. He was such a nerd. Totally and altogether different from myself. We have a great laugh about it now, because he is icon_biggrin.gif:D-->the last person I married!

Our relationship was based first and primarily on friendship, nothing more, nothing less. We were friends for a long time before we were anything else together. That has stood us in good stead over the years.

We do have many interests that we share, however. We enjoy architectural restoration, having restored a 6-flat brownstone together in Chicago and helped neighbors in rejuvenating an old neighborhood, and chased the gangs out of it.

We later designed and installed our own kitchen in a house in Indiana, which we enjoyed immensely-- that leads into another of our shared interests: Cooking. In that kitchen we made sure to put in two separate work areas each with it's own sink and garbage disposals, so we could both work and cook simultaneously without getting in each other's way. One of our favorite shows to watch together is Iron Chef. We get a kick out of that one. I've written a cookbook, and am currently doing another from Geek's family recipes dating from the mid-1800's.

We also enjoy good R&B, Jazz, history, antiqueing (Geek & I love Antique RoadShow)gardening, conservation, wildlife, and nature in general. I am involved in feline rescue. While Geek is not particularly interested in that work, he does love our cats!

Among other places we part ways: Star Trek, Deep Space Nine, and whatever other TV Space series there are out there. I will occasionally sit with him and space out icon_smile.gif:)--> while he watches a movie, but the weirdest thing happens... usually when I choose to do that, the re-run comes on where the crew is stuck in a time warp loop-- kind of eerie! --But I do like Star Wars.

I'm an organized person. He's not (I'm being kind here icon_razz.gif:P--> ). I am close to my siblings and my family. His family isn't close. So he's closer to my famiy than his own. I could go on.

The thing is, we allow each other room to be who we want to be, and we know each other well enough to trust and believe in each other. That's the most important thing.

I'm sorry, I must have missed something somewhere.

We're now talking about driver's licenses?

Yes, I have the same right to post here that you do.

If Pawtucket believes I am crossing the line on anything I post, I'm sure he would let me know.

So far, no complaints from him or any of the other moderators.

Song--

What would it take for us to get along?

Get off my back about my husband's interests, and

Believe me the FIRST time I tell you the truth, instead of following me around repeatedly asking the same questions and making insinuations that throw threads off track.

Song--

If you would like to get together with Geek and Shroyer, contact Shroyer at CFF and Research Geek via PT to see if it is possible during the time frame you will be traveling through the state, for Shroyer to meet with you and for Geek to take that kind of time off work.

I'm not sure when you would be coming, or what Geek's schedule would be at that time. We live some 4-5 hours from Tipp City. To go there would require Geek taking at least a day or so off from work considering round trip travel time.

I wouldn't mind meeting with you if my husband is present, but since I am not directly involved with CFF, I probably would not be there with Geek and Shroyer unless you specifically request my presence.

Meet with Shroyer?

Didn't you all get out of twi?

Why can't you 3 just talk? Do you really need a fourth party to tell you who/what is right and wrong. Can't you all just make up like big kids?

(I'm not butting in, this was posted on a public forum. Gosh, aren't you beyond that? Can't you make decisions on your own?)

WB--

Geek and I certainly do not need a mediator.

I'm not sure, but I think Song's main issue is with Shroyer himself, and perhaps that's what he is trying to resolve. Maybe he and Geek can do that.

I told Song in my above post I wouldn't mind getting together with just him and my husband.

The rest of this should be done PT.

I agree, Catcup, if Song has an issue with Shroyer, he should just talk to him--and thanks for receiving what I said in the spirit it was given. It wasn't meant as criticism, just looked like an old twi pattern to have to get someone to referee and I was merely pointing out another choice. Agreed about PTing issues with those on the board.

I found these gems about marriage and the need for independence within that arrangment as a I was re-reading Kahlil Gibrans "The prophet":

See http://www.library.cornell.edu/colldev/mideast/propht.htm

On Marriage

Then Almitra spoke again and said, "And what of Marriage, master?"

And he answered saying:

You were born together, and together you shall be forevermore.

You shall be together when white wings of death scatter your days.

Aye, you shall be together even in the silent memory of God.

But let there be spaces in your togetherness,

And let the winds of the heavens dance between you.

Love one another but make not a bond of love:

Let it rather be a moving sea between the shores of your souls.

Fill each other's cup but drink not from one cup.

Give one another of your bread but eat not from the same loaf.

Sing and dance together and be joyous, but let each one of you be alone,

Even as the strings of a lute are alone though they quiver with the same music.

Give your hearts, but not into each other's keeping.

For only the hand of Life can contain your hearts.

And stand together, yet not too near together:

For the pillars of the temple stand apart,

And the oak tree and the cypress grow not in each other's shadow.