GreaseSpot Cafe

Frith (or is it furth?) Annual Weenie Roast

herbiejuan

Two 'o my pals suggested I get busy planning the next Roast. I'm not sure I want to do this again but being the pushover I am I'm thinking about it.

It would be held Columbus Day weekend (the second weekend in October) at a location yet to be determined but easier to get to than the last one.

I'd like to see a show of hands if any are interested, you can post here or email me at my supersecret email addy herbiejuan@hotmail.com

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dear herbal, I of course will be there....I will assist in any way possible....

Would a change of location make it more acessible or interesting for more people?

Fall Creek Falls was wonderfull, and there ar many more interesting places to visit.

I here Dakota State park is fabulous....we had a great time in Helen Ga. this spring....

The Okoee river area on the otherside of Chattanooga is breathtaking.

Any of you other greasespotters have any recomendations???

Geeze oak, I would love to see you and meet Riekilady.......

Depending on who is coming and whetheranyone else is bringing kiddoes, i might even leave my kiddoes at home this year.

Even though I won't be there, I highly recommend the Weenie Roast to anyone.

I've been to two, and have had a great time at both. The Second Annual was pretty wild, with much alcohol consumed, pole dances, a video documentary, and great stories by Littlehawk and Sudo.

The Third (or Thrid) Annual was a bit more subdued, but we did a lot of heart-to-hearts, and did some hiking near an awesome waterfall.

It's fun to post and chat, but there's nothing like meeting with some of your fellow GSers face-to-face.

Congrats Herb...I admire ya fer takin on such a task,,,,I been to a couple weenie roasts and will be the first to admit that there is no better way to spend a weekend!

As fer suggestions on a place I think Gwen Island on Herrington Lake about twenty miles southof Lexington Kentucky is a perfect place.

The date stumps me too,,,I spend the first two weekends of October mule riding in the Ozarks.

Congrats to you Oakie an Reiky!!!! Send me an addy Oak,,,,and I'll send ya a special toast!

Oooohhhhh, if'n it's in KY or WV I might be able to swing it seein as how the P's are in KY. Lexington would be perfect! Otherwise I'll just be able to participate in the Oak & Reiki wedding festivities.

I would SOOOOOOO LOVE to attend a weenie roast!

quote:
So ummm...if we didn't hold an official Weenie Roast this year but instead went to yer n Susie's wedding and like hung out n talked n stuff, would that make next years Weenie Roast the Frith or the furth) Annual Weenie Roast?
The official Weenie Roast Board of Governers would have to make a call like that. If the wedding were considered a Weenie Roast next year's would be the frith, and the wedding/roast would be the furth (or fruth, or maybe foruth)

Now that my truck is running good, Andrew and I want to come if it's not too far. I wanna try Sudos stew and bring some of my prize winnin chili and some smoked venison.

The Buffalo National River, in the heart of the Ozarks, is beautiful in the fall with canoeing, kayaking, white water and fishing.

Herbal,

The 3rd weekend in October is a perfect time!! The temps will be moderate to cool and we'll all have to have something a little warm to wear at night. I have a conflict with the Oak-Reikilady wedding but can attend the weenie roast.

Thanks to Ron and Oenophile for the stew compliments. Yes.. I will bring enough better-than-sex stew to feed the whole group the first night as usual. All we need is a location and it doesn't matter to me.

sudo

Hmmm....

Mebbe I will show up to this weenie roast just to visit my old buddies! But then again, I'm not much for camping in my old age!

Who said to do it in Ohio? Let's DO...and then we can play that great "Beautiful Ohio" song that we used to LOVE waking up to at the Rock!! Who's got the DVD?

And a big re-hello to everyone!

hugs!

Herbal if your not up for planning it, Rascal and I will. We had a great time at the Michigan gathering and our Aaron's hit it off big time. They are dying to see each other again.

Aaron and Jacob are definitely going to hold us to attending this year, so we have to move it a little closer to Michigan.

I like Indiana or Kentucky - but will wait to hear from you and Rascal so we can plan this thing out.

Okay - after discussing things with the benevolent dictator, we are looking for a campground WITH CABINS as close to Lexington Kentucky as possible.

Any recommendations would be greatly appreciated.

Roast will be over Columbus Day weekend, naturally.

Hey, Y'all! If you have it in KY, I will be more likely to be able to make it. icon_biggrin.gif:D--> I sure would love to come and meet everyone!

Here's one place I found and ordered a brochure from: Natural Bridge KY

My parents live in KY. I'll ask my parents for any suggestions they may know about also. I do know one place that has cabins and beautiful grounds, but it's in WV just over the KY line. Would that be too far?