GreaseSpot Cafe

Bennigans to hook up.....um again

Shellon

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well I have to say, it was quite an event pulled off seamlessly.

I love meeting fellow GSpotters. Always fun and enriching for me. Most I have met before and we are all a few years older and wiser and wider in some cases (moi)

And to finally meet Sushi (verbal et al) was great. I have wanted to meet him and have had a number of false starts in the past. And Abi was a pleasure to finally meet also.

Putting a person to the posts adds such a dimension.

(I'll add more in the morning, I'm pooped)

icon_biggrin.gif:D--> It was a nice weekend. There were a FEW seams that were strained when my sweet and well intentioned daughter locked the door and went to bed, leaving everyone standing outside wondering why the party was so suddenly over.

Funny now.

But, as paw said, it was very nice; typical GS event when people that love each other get together and enjoy the others' company.

On a personal note, I also got my shower head fixed, my furnace door installed properly, some things with my computer fixed. wave.gif:wave:-->

Having a bunch of GSers over to your house? Get a honey-do list ready wink2.gif;)-->

Next year? The cabin on the Muskegon river.

Gosh Mr. Hamm, I am so sorry that we missed you I would have loved to have met you....:-(

The location was moved because I was running late....(a long story involving a nut job Mom deciding to tag along at the last miniute) Can you come to the weinie roast in oct?

It truly was a joy to meet up with old friends....to finally meet face to face with folks I have chatted to for years....

My 5 yr old as she started to fall asleep after the end of a long evening ..... blissfully whispered...*THANK you Mommy for bringing me to where Annie (bow`s princess) is* .... and promptly began to snore....

My Aaron was SO engrossed with Abby`s Aaron, that he (my aaron) forgot to get in trouble the entire visit ...gotta be SOME kind of record there....lol

Shell`s *K* was such a sweety to all of the girls....the perfect hostess...they had a wonderfull WONDERFULL time...

Gotta ask though....Why did she lock herself in her room shell...did somebody hurt her feelings? (wondering if my children need a beating)

She sure was tickled with the shower head eh?

Getting to hold sweet Kailin and rock her to sleep was a joy....Mark enjoyed it as well...

Oen, ...always a privelege, I have thought much about our conversation.....so much makes sense, thankyou.

Paw, as ever a privelege, the dinner was a lot of fun, At least this time you were not forgotten and got to eat with the rest of us...( I am thinking about the lack of bacon at prior gatherings;-)

Bow I don`t feel like I got to see nearly enough of you....you`d damn well better get to the weinie roast so that we can finish catching up;-)

Abby, can`t wait to see you guys in oct..

Shellon, thanks for your hospitality girl, thanks for all of you effort in coordinating folks who refused to cooperate....lol...thank you girl, it was very special for me ....would LOVE to go to see your cabin next year...I would have loved to have stayed longer but had antsie mother to deal with...

Oh and John, I now bow to you as the new reigning biscut and gravey queen...lol and hereby pass to you my crown and staff :-)

Edited by rascal

quote:
Gotta ask though....Why did she lock herself in her room shell...did somebody hurt her feelings? (wondering if my children need a beating)

Your children don't need a beating. Not due to anything regarding Kelly anyway. LOL

It's always just Kelly and I here and she was overwhelmed. We'd had the baby, which wasn't a problem but still a hitch in her usually boring quiet life, then so many people here visiting.

She'd just had enough of entertaining and didn't handle all the busy-ness well.

Bless her heart. On the way home from eating she said 'can I just go to bed?' To which I answered yes, knowing that was the best for her for that night; she was done entertaining and the baby was fussy.

When our day is over, we lock the door and we're in for the night. In fact, we lock the door all day. To her, it was bedtime, lock the door and go to bed.

icon_smile.gif:)-->

I was getting the baby to bed, Kelly had gone to bed, I didn't realize ya'll couldn't get in!

Lordy lordy.

Just a moment of an overwhelmed and tired 10 year old.

Nothing to do with your kids at all. She had a great weekend; really!

Sounds and looks like ya'll had a GREAT time!!!

The !'s woulda been there...but we'd already booked and paid at a resort in Wisconsin for a four day fambly vacation.

It was LOADS of fun...but woulda been fun to see alla GS'rs, too!!!