GreaseSpot Cafe

L.E.A.D T shirt.....

2life

I liked that shirt, the program was wierd but the shirt was nice. I think I still have mine but I don't think it fits anymore (Besides I have so many T Shirts my wife keeps sneaking them out and giving them to a local charity)

When I went to BLEAD I was told I was too arrogant and when it came to climbing I had no humility. I was also told that if I didn't get humble I would wash up in the Corpse. I was told how little I knew and how much the higher up BLEAD staff knew. geez I was an idiot

Oh. in 1993 I placed 30th in the World Cup Climbing Competitions which gave me a US ranking of 30th and a World ranking of 60th- maybe if I listened to the BLEAD staffers I would have done better?

Garth-- thats funny. I dont know if its a marketing tactic or not---I hope someone appreciates it enough to buy it!!

We are going to Switzerland in a few weeks---I'm looking for the money!! I put some other "ODD" items on Ebay also......

OUT THERE--- CONGRATULATIONS!!! That is quite and accomplishment!!

Thanks 2Life that is an accomplishment I have always been proud of.

Switzerland! I'm looking to go there next year.I am planning on climbing the Eiger North Face Harlin Route next spring. If you perhaps get to see it would you EMail me a picture of the face? I am having a tough time getting a current picture of it.

I hope you have a great time out there.

Out There--- a picture huh?!! I'll be glad to!!

Just tell me where to go!!! Most of the time we will be in Zurich....BUT....iteniary is VERY flexible!!

The Dalai Lama is teaching for eight days (no-- I am not a Buddhist). Since this guy is all about compassion, forgivness etc we just thought it would be an amazing place to be! Its a very big International event.

BUT--- my (and Mikes) attention span being what it is--- we might not make the entire eight days-- so we will wander!! Any suggestions or picture taking missions might work out!!

So--- I honestly don't know WHICH I am more excieted about---

1...Seeing the Dalmi Lama teach in that atmosphere

2...Going to Switzerland

or 3...THE INCREDIBLE TRAVEL DEAL I GOT ON THE INTERNET!!!

Such a shallow person I am! redface.gif:o-->

so-- nope dmiller--- I have no idea where those wow pins are! (yet!)

am I derailing my own thread??

Holy S...!! Out There!!! I just looked that Mountain/Climb up on the internet!! DANG--- that is quite AMAZING!!! And you are going to climb this?!!! Good for you!!!!!

You need a fan club!!!

I still don't know where it is---but I will find out.....near the Matterhorn (I LOVE being a tourist!!)?

quote:
Originally posted by Out There:

I always want to go out on top.

Man, be careful what you wish for! icon_biggrin.gif:D-->

Seriously, have loads of fun!

When those BLEADers were reproving you for your arrogance and lack of humility, was it because you were doing it better then they were?

LOL!! You guys are sssssoooooo wonderful!!!!!

OutThere----- serioulsy---- I will do my best to get the pictures or any info you want. I need to go back to the website I looked up to get the informations as to where that mountain is.....or if you get a chance e mail (or post) at least the nearest city!!

The Dalai Lama--- I really have no idea as to what to expect---- its amazing what just pushing a few keys on the internet can get you!!

Janet

Ha!! You (watered garden!!) are sooo right!!

I started freaking out when I was looking at travel arrangements!! NOTHING is inexpensive in Switzerland (especially Zurich!!) . "Normal" hotels STARTED at about $250/ night! Air Fare--$1400/each!!!!

BUT!! being the Priceline.com Lowestfare.com queen that I am........we have 11 nights at the Marriott and air fare for $1250 each!!!

And baby I checked...! We ARE booked on a United flight and booked into that hotel!! I even called and got a king bed and a room with a view!!

I LOVE THE INTERNET!!!!!!