GreaseSpot Cafe

Kick Boxing!!!

act2

I went to my first kick boxing class tonite. My friend Judy told me to go home after the class, take 2 Motrin, drink a glass of wine, and get in the whirlpool tub!!! I did all the above!!!

Next class is Wednesday...my birthday... I will be 49 years OLD!!!! I hope to make it to the kick boxing clas on Wednesday.

Anybody like kick boxing????

It was fun tonite, but I will have to let you know tomorrow how I REALLY FEEL!!

icon_razz.gif:P-->

Cool Act 2!!! Congratulations on embarking on a journey that isn`t easy, but filled with rewards....It will be really tough, but you will feel so proud of yourself :-)

I started studying karate at age 40 ...I have to work much harder than the other students....I`ll never be as fast or effective....but I am having the time of my life!

Act2, I tried kick boxing about 1 1/2 yrs ago, I absolutely loved it because of the challenge!! But I stopped because I ended up tearing a ham-string muscle during one of the workouts and because long distance running is my favourite kind of work out I ended up picking that over the kickboxing. The kickboxing I must say it is an awesome workout and if you stick with it you'll begin to see results pretty quick!!

Cowgirl

quote:
I went to my first kick boxing class tonite. My friend Judy told me to go home after the class, take 2 Motrin, drink a glass of wine, and get in the whirlpool tub!!! I did all the above!!!

Sounds like a great way to end any day!! wink2.gif;)-->

Did ya wear any of your hats during class? icon_confused.gif:confused:-->

icon_biggrin.gif:D--> icon_biggrin.gif:D-->

quote:
Originally posted by act2:

Next class is Wednesday...my birthday... I will be 49 years OLD!!!! I hope to make it to the kick boxing clas on Wednesday.

Anybody like kick boxing????

It was fun tonite, but I will have to let you know tomorrow how I REALLY FEEL!!

icon_razz.gif:P-->

I thought the other night when you were talking about class you meant the book kind of class. icon_rolleyes.gif:rolleyes:-->

What does hubby think about it?

Do I need to come prepared to keep up with you in the fall? Yeah, right! icon_biggrin.gif:D-->

So did you wear any hats? David has a good question. wink2.gif;)-->

..I`ll never be as fast or effective....but I am having the time of my life!

Rascal, believe it or not, your thread on your family's accomplishments is one thing that motivated me to do this!!!!! icon_biggrin.gif:D-->

Cowgirl, thanx for the warning about the hamstring. I will try to be careful. I am glad that you like running.... I never have. We had to run when we were WOW's and I hated it. My friend says the same thing that you do..that it is a fantastic way to get in shape.

David, you are funny. And yes, it is a great way to end any day!!! I didnt wear a hat but I still might. Wasnt sure till around 4pm that we were actually gonna go. And thanx for the happy birthday wish. I think I will make it to 49 now that I CAN walk and move my arms this morning. wink2.gif;)-->

Hey Kathy, I will be checking out 'real' classes maybe today or Thursday. Hubby is probably withholding comments until he sees that I can still move today!!! (He wont be home till tonite.) And yes, you had better start practicing on your hubby....using him as a target...... just kidding!!!!!!!!!!

So does this mean if those Kentucky money folk don't buy our wares that we can encourage them with our kicks? icon_biggrin.gif:D-->

I can just see your hubby leaning up against the wall with his arms folded grinning as he watches you. Yup!

Well reckon I best get practicing then, but can I chose another target? LMAO!

Work calls...

Acts2,

I hope you have a fantastic Birthday!!

One important tip about exercising...

Do a good stretch before and after a work out and drink plenty of water before and after the work out. This will help avoid cramps.

Kathy, what a great idea!! Just kick box those folks who dont want to buy our vintage hats and accessories, after all, it is for a GOOD cause. wink2.gif;)--> And, you can choose another target instead of your hubby!!!

Zshot, thanx for the birthday wish. So far so good. Yesterday, I spent the day w/ my mom and sis. Went shopping and then out to eat.

This morning, hubby has given me a beautiful birthday card and told me about plans for a dinner at Biaggi's, a wonderful Italian restaurant, on Friday nite.

Going to kick boxing tonite, then friend & I are going to a restaurant for take out, then come to my house and celebrate... that is, if I can walk!!! heehee... really, I am fine, except below my neck, between my shoulders.

And Zshot, thanx for the remember of stretching and water. The instructor does start us out stretching and we all bring water.

Belle, gc, Tom, Kathy, and Shellon, thanks for the good wishes and the comments about kick boxing.

Belle, in another thread, you said someone in your family lives in KY. Western KY by chance?

This year our antique show that Kathy and I do will be in October, 23 & 24, I believe. Anyway, it does benefit the local Hospital Foundation. We had a blast last year. So Belle, you are hereby invited to the antique show and you dont even have to like antiques. Delicious food and desserts are also served for a nominal cost.

And Tom, thanks for saying 'YOUNG lady'. heehee I really dont feel like I will be 50 a year from now. redface.gif:o-->

gc, it is fun to celebrate birthdays all day, huh? icon_smile.gif:)-->

Class #2 is finished and I survived!!! I did more of the routine tonite. It is fun.

Had a great birthday.

I will report in tomorrow if I am able to move!!! Gonna drink a glass of wine and go to BED!!!!!!!!! Alrdy took the Motrin. No whirlpool for me tonite.

quote:
Originally posted by act2:

gc, it is fun to celebrate birthdays all day, huh? icon_smile.gif:)-->

Oh yes! This year I was a bit worried about my birthday, which has never happened before. So it felt good being pampered by loved ones. icon_smile.gif:)-->

gc

WONDERFULL Act 2 .... You will feel more coordinated with each class. You should be SO proud of yourself!

I went back to karate after a three week vacation in cool upper mich...augh, down here in tn., it had to have been over a hundred degrees in the dojo, the humidity was stifeling....

It is really tough getting back into the groove, I found that I lost most of my flexibility and my muscles were so tight, I couldn`t hardly kick head high....sigh

Who`d a thunk three weeks couldda been so significant....sigh

Do you get to do tournaments in kick boxing?

We have one coming up in sept.

Kathy!!!!!!!!! heehee... well, you can move at your own pace icon_biggrin.gif:D-->

rascal, what we do is just aerobic kickboxing, so I doubt if there is a tournament.

Glad you told me about how tough it is after taking a 3 week hiatus!!! I will try to at least go thru some of the moves if I am gone from it for any length of time.

Yeah, it is hot in KY also. I used to live at the other end of your state and the humidity was unbearable at times. We owned a full-service car wash and had to be in the heat quite a bit. Sure do appreciate air conditioning. icon_biggrin.gif:D-->

Our tourneys are HUGE fun...this year in addition to forms and fighting, I am attempting to compete in a weapons competition with nun chucks (sp?) for the first time!

Which is a riot, because I am the most uncoordianted person on the planet....(what, you mean you want me to walk AND swing these things???? SIMULTANIOUSLY???) as a matter of fact, I am so afraid of knocking myself out cold....or losing a tooth due to inadvertantly smacking myself....I am using the kiddie foam padded ones....I am supposed to use wood for the tourney...dunno what they will say when they see my using *toys* hee hee