GreaseSpot Cafe

How many here hang out with CFF?

smurfette

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Don`t know a thing about em Smurff, but if your lonely, how bout taking a class, joining a civic group, donate some time to the humane society...

There are a lot of great places to meet and enjoy folks.....folks that will give you a chance to rediscover who you are and who you want to be....

Sometimes this can be beneficial as oposed to hanging around with folks that you are comfortable with simply because you all still speak the same language.

Not that I know of anything wrong with cff per say...

Well, I would say that doctrinally, they are similar to the older days of TWI, but seems to be run by a bunch of a LOT nicer folks. I think they instituted a few checks and balances so a madman couldn't get hold of the thing very easily..

W*yn* C*a* is on staff there, along with J*hn Sh*o*er. People may rightfully or not rightfully argue with them on a doctrinal level, but on a practical level they seem OK.. nice, loving folks.

Personally, I've heard the PFAL "message" enough already. Repackage it, revamp it, or even correct its errors, and it still doesn't have much appeal for me. Seen it too many times..

quote:
Originally posted by smurfette:

Getting lonely and wondering about checking out CFF. Anyone here fellowship with them?

I have done some things with the CFF group in MO. And also had Reaserch Geek who posts here on GS sometimes come out to teach a couple of times. Some have said they quote VPW all the time but I have not found that to be the case at least for me. My experience was quite enjoyable. They will send you the weekly CD teaching at no cost if you are interested. You did not say what you are lonely for exactly if it is Bible fellowship then the civic/humane things won't fill that void.

quote:
Originally posted by rascal:

Bible fellowship no...but people who are living shining examples of it in their lives...possibly:-)

Correct but the fact that she was looking at CFF leads me to believe that she was looking for something that was not available in civic/humane locations generally. I think Smurf is smart enough to know what options are available at each. It is a logical conclusion that she was looking more along the lines of Fellowship,but she did not say for sure hense the if in my post.

Quote: You did not say what you are lonely for exactly if it is Bible fellowship then the civic/humane things won't fill that void.

Possibly Dove, but maybe someone who has recently left twi is unaware of the potential rewards of fellowshipping outside of the known comfort zone of a biblical fellowship.

Sometimes it can be rewarding as well as an excellent opportunity for learning, and healing to fellowship with people who live it in their daily lives, rather than sitting in a meeting where folks are teaching the same old thing we have been hearing for 30 years now....

Sometimes after years of association with twi....we are prone to think that a biblical fellowship is the only place to get this particular little *itch* scratched.

I am with Hamm on this one...I have had enough meetings and scripture readings, classes, tapes, mags to last a lifetime....Gosh it isn`t like I don`t know what the bible says, and how it applies to me at this point.

Get out of your comfort zone I say....give God a chance to work in a new and exciting way....

How are women and children treated in their group?

Are women valued as much as men as teachers and coordinators, or are they viewed as in twi, only permitted to function as a help meet to produce children and keep the home?

Are women allowed to question the men in charge. or are they required to defer to their spouses for answeres?

Are children required to sit quietly through long boring fellowships....are their needs taken into consideration?

How ANY group treats their women and children would directly influence whether I desired any fellowship with them.

I like CFF. Or should I say I like the people in CFF. I try to go to the Family reunion each year as long as they will have me but I do not attend much else. I usualy have a lot of fun and always seem run into a friend or two I haven's seen in decades.

For whatever reason it seems to be the most successful of the __________ (insert your own term here). Some day at this rate they will be larger than TWI.

I think their success is due to a growing number of young people and teens in it.

But I think they are soon going to need new, more youthful and dynamic leadership. John & Wayne can't do it forever. They are getting a little old to front it in my opinion. But at least they are kind and welcome anyone, unlike some groups.

Possibly Rascal but honestly you see it as a comfort zone that needs fixing but that is not true for everyone. Maybe because as you say you have had enough meetings and scripture readings, classes, tapes, mags to last a lifetime, and its boring to you. Fair enough!!But not everyone shares your view. The Bible can be exciting lots of things to learn and relearn. As they say if it works don't fix it.

------------------------------------------------

Quote: How are women and children treated in their group?

Not being one and having limited interaction I'll defer on this one maybe Catcup could share her perspective.

*If it works don`t fix it*??? ..... And if it DOESN`T work?

My opinions were offered as suggestions that many have found led to meaningfull activities and honest friendships....

Education, civic groups and volunteering shouldn`t be viewed as a threat to biblical fellowship.

quote:
Originally posted by rascal:

*If it works don`t fix it*??? ..... And if it DOESN`T work?

Then do something else as you said But honestly how would you give it a fair chance to work when you prethink it as boring and just like the way. Can you really say it did not work without a fair chance?

My opinions were offered as suggestions that many have found led to meaningfull activities and honest friendships....

No doubt but they do not fill the void for Biblical fellowship. Again it is two seperate things.

Education, civic groups and volunteering shouldn`t be viewed as a threat to biblical fellowship.

Absolutely not!! I don't think so either they are not. Then again Biblical fellowship should not be viewed a threat because of past groups actions either. Nor should it rule out the possibility that one could find people who are living shining examples of it in their lives at fellowship either just like one maybe could at the dog shelter ...

Hi Smurfette,

I agree more with White Dove. I yearned for Christian companionship. I think volunteering is a wonderful and necessary part of our society, on many levels...even if it is simply a financial association.

What works for one person may or may not work for another. I think you ought to check them out for yourself! They don't kidnap anyone, or force you to stay.

Wayne Cl*pp is wonderful. He was very straight forward when I talked with him about why he left (or was asked to leave) TWI.

I personally would enjoy hanging with those folks, but physically cannot. And...no offense to anyone here who has done biblical research disputing the doctrines of TWI...your research means as much to me as anyone elses...maybe true, maybe false...probably a mix of both. Anyway, God knows, so we all just do our best. I personally am not sorry for all I learned with TWI. I got born again while affiliated with TWI. Could God have pulled that off anywhere? You bet. But my point is, He was able to help me there.

Don't be discouraged from checking it out for yourself. No one has to walk in your shoes but you yourself.

Ok JWBM, you seem to feel that you got something of value with your association with twi,..... gosh but at the very same time.....a brother or sister seeking God was used and destroyed by the same organization.....

I guess that I just don`t understand being able to thank God for twi, while others simultaniously endured devistation at the hands of one of the the most viscious group ever to crack a bible

I can`t fathom why God called some folks to twi to be blessed and born again and some required to endure the most viscious treatment in their lives for God....the justification for the brutality being backed by scripture........

Geeze Were we not all seeking God? Were not all worthey of *blessings*? :-(

Guess that kind of taints the whole bible research fellowship thing for me....Seeing as twi proved that you can make scripture agree with just about anything the researcher wants to justify.

Good thing for me that God appears able and quite willing to work outside of the avenues employed by twi to make himself known....else many of us would never trust him again.

My whole point was, not to slam cff, ( I think the guys who run it are good folks) but to give thought that meaningfull christian fellowship can be found outside of the boundaries of the bible fellowship that we know.

There is a whole world of exciting options out there that folks may or may not be are aware of when departing twi.

Edited by rascal