GreaseSpot Cafe

Forum Move Detail. Very Important! Please Read!

Bob

Recently the following email was sent to everyone having an account here.

quote:
GreaseSpot Cafe's forum is moving this weekend.

Most of the information associated with your account will be moved to the new site. But your password cannot be transferred. A new password will be assigned to your account and emailed to you at this address when the move is completed.

Receiving this email verifies that the email address listed in your account is valid and you will receive an email with your new password and a link to the new site once the forums are moved.

The account ID associated with this email address is: *******

Please check your email and verify you received this email. If you did, you’re all set for the move and do not need to do anything.

If you did not receive this email, you must perform the following steps to update the email address associated with your account:

1. Log in to GSCafe

2. Click GO – MY SPACE – PROFILE

banghead.gif

quote:
OH my... now this has posted right through the whole website..holy poop!!! Eek What have I done?

You didn't do anything. It was the way I started the topic.

I adjusted it so it will not do that, but should still be found by people who only haunt the other major forums.

Ala --- I recently left aol, and switched my e-mail to yahoo.com. At first, Yahoo treated gsc mail as spam, until I moved it into the *new* file.

Ever since, gsc mail has come through just fine. Maybe the letter is in your spam file, like Bob said?? That was the case (at first) with me and yahoo.

Good luck.

David

TempleLady,

I checked the logs and the email to you was handed off to the mail servers responsible for your domain (the @site.com part). It may either be delayed within that company's mail system, or it was dropped as spam (depending on their spam policies -- which would be harsh). I'd give it some more time to show up.

I PT'd A la prochaine with what I found.

Linda Z,

The email would not have gone to your yahoo account, which you have listed as your public Display Email Address. The email went to your private Account Email Address, which is a different address in your profile but not seen unless you click the "View/Edit Complete Profile " link.

If you did check the other account and it hasn't shown, let me know and I'll look into it.

quote:
Originally posted by Linda Z:

Thanks, Bob. I've updated my private e-mail address, so please send me whatever I didn't get at the defunct address I still had in my profile. icon_biggrin.gif:D-->

If you got the email for confirming your change of email address, you're all set. You'll get the email with your new password for the new site when the cut-over occurs.

The email everyone got before is the same as is quoted at the top of this thread.