GreaseSpot Cafe

Thank You Jesus

Hills Bro

I know this may very well belong in the Sports forum but what The hell...I just wanted to pyss off the Red Sox fans :evildenk::evildenk: :P

Yankees aquire probably the best lead off batter in MLB. :dance: Looks a lot like Jesus doen't he?

QpQzKBCR.jpgJohnny Damon

How are the Boston fans reacting today?

Edited by Hills Bro

He is being tagged as Johnny Judas around here,

to me it looks more like Jesus selling his soul to Satan,

but what are y'gonna do---Its only a game ( i think....)

I did see someone wearing a Damon shirt today who had the wording changed to Demon.

I thank him for all he did with the Red Sox but under the circumstances I wont be wishing him any luck

Its hard to see the head idiot becoming a crewcut, pinstriped corporate Dilbert, but people will do alot for an extra 12mil

later Dude-it was fun while it lasted-

JD_hair.jpg

Edited by mstar1

Sorry Ladies -He's going to be all clean shaven, short haired, neat and corporate now that he has become Yankee--Samson has sold out to Delilah..

HERE'S a typical article floating around the Boston papers

..."Though I suppose it was hardly unpredictable that the New York Yankees would overpay a star player as he heads into the decline phase of his career, I guess I thought Damon might be the one guy who could resist the siren call of Delilah.

"But no, just as Samson was seduced and betrayed by that treacherous woman, so, too, has Damon capitulated to the overtures of the dark side. Delilah had to coax Samson to sleep in her lap before she had a Philistine shave off his strength-inducing locks. Damon, presumably, will willingly submit to George Steinbrenner's shears as he joins Goliath — after helping slay that particular Philistine in 2004.

"Samson's hair had been a symbol of his covenant with God. Damon's hair had been a symbol of his covenant with good in its unending opposition to the Evil Empire. After being shorn, Samson awoke to find that both God and his strength had left him. Will Damon suffer the same fate? (For the sake of Red Sox Nation, he must.)

"Sapped of his strength, Samson was captured, blinded and sent to grind meal in the prison house at Gaza. Damon — blinded by Steinbrenner's millions and Scott Boras' wild exaggerations — has now also been captured, pulled in by the Death Star's tractor beam..."

btw can one of you ladies enlighten me what sway this guy has -- every woman in New England from 12 to 100, baseball fan or not falls and worships at his feet

• 3 weeks later...

Hey DMiller,

Was that really Johnny Damon, all clean cut in that picture with the Yanks hat on? Ya know, this is the very first time I have heard of this, and I am flabergasted! I have two friends, brothers who are from Boston, who live in the Interior of Alaska. I had the priviledge of watching that historic series with them when the Red Sox, with Johnny Damon made history. And now this? Un-bee-lee-va-bul! I'll bet those two pals of mine are ....ed!

• 1 month later...

Well the title of Johnny's book is "IDIOT"

He's alright but acknowledges that he himself isnt the brightest bulb- or read his book -you'll get the idea...I dont think even he would be insulted....

This poster put up by hardcore Sox fans may have not come into play if JD hadn't gone to the press last year and sworn that he would never play for the Yankees and made a huge deal about his loyalty to Boston.

it was sort of shocking to me at first because he was a huge New England icon and all he had to do was ride out the rest of his career then enjoy a lifetime of near mythic status but ......he chose different.....c'est la vie the love and lust affair with RedSox fans has ended.

He's remembered and respected by most fans but not the way that he could have been--as i think I said above good luck to him-but being in the same division I'll be pulling for runners to score from first everytime someone hits a single his way, which they will given the state of his arm...

----On the positive side Im really looking forward to see what Coco Crisp will do, not only does he have one of the best names going, but he looks to have all the tools and is hitting his stride

the good old days of a player staying with a team are gone it seems... except in the rarest of cases... and really, who can blame them? ...they have a chance to make a 'gozillion' dollars only once (sometimes twice, even rarer, thrice)...

they're still living out their dreams, playing in the big leagues... they're only human (well, maybe not Teddy Baseball) and I really think most of them mean it when they say "they'll never leave"...

of course... we're hoping that Tex stays with us his whole career but who knows? (he's got the baseball anti-christ for his agent)... a couple of years ago we were saying the same thing about Blalock... we still love him dearly... but not so much that we won't bid him farewell if he can bring us an ace pitcher...

...saw in the paper today where Buck said "I think our guys are ready to take the next step: playing in October. Simple as that."

A sure sign that Spring training is upon us...

• 1 month later...

What's with the stubble? Do they get slack on the rules during spring training?

I liked these couple of lines:

Six years removed from its last world championship, the planet’s most storied sports franchise now auditions saviors annually—A-Rod, Randy Johnson, Giambi—only to downgrade them to apostles or false prophets when they fail. With their $207 million payroll, the Yankees blithely ignore modish Moneyball hypotheses and operate instead according to Oscar Wilde’s sports-management theory that “nothing succeeds like excess.”
Imagine the Jews saying “We’ve grown tired of waiting on this Yahweh fellow—let’s grab Muhammad and make him our own.”

good article...

We'll see---I live in a 'cusp' town, being about 5 miles from the NY border, from the Yankee fans that I know their primary hope is that JD lightens up that team, or as the article says pulls the stick out of their a$$.

After seeing them at least 19 times ayear for the last several years it is certainly something that they need. I have never seen a team as serious as they are. It works against them...Guys in their 20's and 30's that make millions a year and get to play baseball everyday should be having the time of their lives everyday. That part Johnny has right imo, it works ---as he showed when he was here. ARod may be loaded with talent but he is missing an essential component if he cant get that part down.

Edited by mstar1