GreaseSpot Cafe

What happened to the word??

ckmkeon

Do you believe everything you're taught? ;)

YES peolpe can not go any further than what they have been taught you can sit in the catholic church for 50 years and believe what they are taught and they will argue till they are blue in the face :thinking: I know what I am taught is the truth maybe some human error but the BIBLE IS THE TRUTH so in the end Yes everything taught by the bible is truth but humans make mistakes and then you correct them when they do with the BIBLE

ckmckeon

Edited by ckmkeon

ckm, no offense intended, but "knowledge of the word" is what got everybody in trouble to start with.

"Knowledge of the word"without a relationship with Jesus causes no end of pain and heartache. I think that's why we witnessed the train wreck of the way, inc.

Yes and the devil is why there is a problem Martindale and TWI got temted to do wrong and here we are saying what he did was wrong but the basic teaching of the word and what the small to large fellowship do are wonderful look at what Chris Geer did when he setup a nice fellowship in ME and it grew that is what I am talking about

ckmckeon

Edited by ckmkeon

...peolpe can not go any further than what they have been taught...

If that were true, how in the world did Newton come up with his theories on optics and gravity? How about all the other people who have come up with new ideas? The notion that a person can't go further than he is taught is one of the most destructive things promulgated by TWI. For many, it led to the horrible combination of MOG worship and denying their own reservations about various doctrines and practices, and for some, it led to some severe victimization.

If that were true, how in the world did Newton come up with his theories on optics and gravity? How about all the other people who have come up with new ideas? The notion that a person can't go further than he is taught is one of the most destructive things promulgated by TWI. For many, it led to the horrible combination of MOG worship and denying their own reservations about various doctrines and practices, and for some, it led to some severe victimization.

How did Jesus Christ know what to do or any other person but explain the catholic church to me or any other church they all do what the teacher, father, etc. tells them to do the bible is what is true not newton and theories that is why they are called theories :thinking:

ckmckeon

YES peolpe can not go any further than what they have been taught...

Yeah.....the wright brothers should have stuck to their bicycle exploits. NO ONE TAUGHT THEM about flying and how absurd to think that man could take flight????

And further, most people just think they think.

:biglaugh::biglaugh::biglaugh:

Yeah.....the wright brothers should have stuck to their bicycle exploits. NO ONE TAUGHT THEM about flying and how absurd to think that man could take flight????

And further, most people just think they think.

:biglaugh::biglaugh::biglaugh:

:offtopic::offtopic::offtopic::offtopic::offtopic:

We are talking about learning about the bible not inventing devices to fly at 30,000 feet

Edited by ckmkeon

Wow LG....I never really thought about how wrong that doctrine might be....You can only go as far as you've been taught. That will be fun to chew on for a few days.

Ckm, I am trying to empathize with you. I hear tones of frustration in your posts. Do you remember the phrase "learning is an exciting adventure?" I always liked that one. Learning is learning, whether it is the Bible or scientific fields. It still happens the same way....some of which is observation and comparison - over & over & over again. God has intrinsically designed our brains and hearts to pick up signals, to learn and to grow...whether we are born again or not. Humans are designed to learn; it is innate.

IMO the comparison of scientific discoveries and biblical/spiritual discoveries coincide. This comparison is not off topic if the topic is about learning the Word. God (Who is the Word) designed this earth and the universe and the written Word and the living Word (Jesus Christ) and our own hearts to teach us. He is not limited to His Word to teach us..He is a personal God. Yes we learn His heart via His Word (written and the personal relationship through JC); I believe that. That being said, God is bigger than His Word and can work in ways that we do not always understand in order for us to discover and learn.

:dance::dance::dance::dance:

Take a poke around ---maybe you'll find some of the threads where your sisters in christ tell how Mr. Geer drugged them to be Wierwilles sex toys, then come back and then tell us about what a nice fellowship that he has......

I have heard some far out stuff but this one is the best the next thing you will say is that paul drugged people for Jesus or maybe it was Jesus drugging for God :dance: allright good luck of trying to tell me Rev. Geer did that I don't care if all the women who were there say it is true.

ckmckeon

Wow LG....I never really thought about how wrong that doctrine might be....You can only go as far as you've been taught. That will be fun to chew on for a few days.

Ckm, I am trying to empathize with you. I hear tones of frustration in your posts. Do you remember the phrase "learning is an exciting adventure?" I always liked that one. Learning is learning, whether it is the Bible or scientific fields.

:dance::dance::dance::dance:

Yeah I know but some people just don't understand I try not to get frustrated but sometimess I get carried away

Godbless,

ckmckeon

Have mercy on CKM. Some have to be brought kicking and screaming to the truth. We all did, I suppose, at one time or another.

CKM, please look around with an open mind. Your contempt for those who are responding to you is showing, and that is no way for people to want to listen to what you may have to say.

The archives may be old (some of it) but that doesn't change the content of what's in them.

If you have some recent material from TWI that you want to present to enlighten posters, well, I'm sure we would look forward to seeeing it.

:offtopic: I believe we are getting off the subject my subject what happened to the word of God and leaving TWI, VPW, and LCM :offtopic: God is what is important to me not any organization or person so anyone know what happened to the word and please no lame TWI excuses

God Bless,

ckmckeon

CKM,

Peace and blessings. :)

I commend you for coming to GS and actively participating. After 24 years of twi involvement, I know it took me awhile to de-waybrain.

It's been some 8 years since I exited twi and God's blessings in my life have never ceased. None of those prophecies of calamity/death/destruction from twi's leadership came to pass.........God is good always.

The cross-section of conversations and diversity here at GS is AWESOME.

Enjoy it here.

:wave:

At least we know where you stand ...

Tell us all about your theories on bible knowledge now....

Well I am glad we have found the catholic of the group I said I don't care how many women say Chris Geer drugged them what I mean about catholic who else misquotes so bad I believe that if you start in Romans through Thessalonians since I believe it is the most important the whole bible is important I am reading 4 chapters of romans a day

God Bless

ckmckeon

Back to your question. Where has "the Word" gone?

Jesus is the Word.

I thought Mark O'Malley's post says it all. That's a great starting point.

What I meant was people are so into TWI they have lost sight of the word which by the way is not Jesus. He inspired the word to be written but he is not the word what about the old testament is that Jesus to. From what I see Jesus did not write any of it. The bible is God's Word not jesus's. Jesus is the son of god and Jesus is not god.

Godbless,

ckmckeon

Edited by ckmkeon

Hmmm I dunno how you can say that folks have lost sight of the word.....S` far as I can see....most of us have moved beyond the bondage that the word was used to put us under ....

I don`t know what you think that we have lost.

Edited by rascal

Hmmm I dunno how you can say that folks have lost sight of the word.....S` far as I can see....most of us have moved beyond the bondage that the word was used to put us under ....

I don`t know what you think that we have lost.

As long as you can remove your bondage with the word all the power to you what bondage did you experience??

godbless,

ckmckeon

Do you REALLY care ckmkeon ?

Do you Honestly want to know what happened and how the word was used to subjegate and control me?

I don`t mind recounting here what happened ....but only if you want to know rather than simply wanting to pick a fight and just argue.

Peace, Cathy

Do you REALLY care ckmkeon ?

Do you Honestly want to know what happened and how the word was used to subjegate and control me?

I don`t mind recounting here what happened ....but only if you want to know rather than simply wanting to pick a fight and just argue.

Peace, Cathy

No fight here I believe the way is corrupt as I put in later postings but I hope whatever happened to you. That you found comfort with god this is not a court of god I can't judge what happended or what did not happen to you only God can only do that

Godbless,

ckmckeon

Well I am glad we have found the catholic of the group I said I don't care how many women say Chris Geer drugged them what I mean about catholic who else misquotes so bad I believe that if you start in Romans through Thessalonians since I believe it is the most important the whole bible is important I am reading 4 chapters of romans a day

WTF does this say? I can't read Casey Stengelese -- can you please translate this to english