GreaseSpot Cafe

PETA Comes to Town

Pirate1974

It's outrageous!!

Last week, the so-called People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals perpetrated a barbaric act here in our fair city of Charlotte, North Carolina.

At high noon at the corner of Trade and Tryon streets at the very heart of the city, these "ethical" folks locked this poor woman up in a very small cage.

tigerlady1.jpg

Not only that, but she was only dressed in bikini panties and a little black and orange body paint. Oh, and a couple of pasties too. This was with the temperature in the 40s, no less. Shameful.

Somebody really should have done something about this. Some of the high rollers from Bank of America and Wachovia in their $1000 suits did take action. They snapped photos of the lady with their camera phones to show their buddies when they went back to their offices. Rumor has it that in other cities these caged women have been completely nekkid while ours was wearing panties and pasties. A concession to the Bible Belt, I suppose.

One sensitive fellow, when asked his opinion of this degrading scene, was quoted as saying: "I want her to move that sign so I can see her boobs." Clearly a Man of the 21st Century.

The alleged reason for this humiliating display, of course, was the imminent arrival of Satan's Traveling Animal Show aka the Ringling Brothers Barnum & Bailey Circus.

All I have to say is that these PETA people need to do a better job of promoting these events. If I had known that this was planned, I would have been more than happy to show up and lend my support. I would have even held her sign for her. It's the least I could do.

They were here in Duluth not too long ago.

Buncha nuts. This took place in the middle of downtown.

Duluth, Minn. — Defying freezing January temperatures by stripping down to nothing but paint markings that mimic a butcher’s diagram of body parts, a PETA member will protest the meat industry under a banner that reads, "All Animals Have the Same Parts—Have a Heart, Go Vegetarian." The protest is a live re-enactment of a PETA ad featuring former Baywatch star Traci Bingham that ran in magazines and newspapers around the country:

Date: Thursday, January 19

Time: 12 noon sharp

Place: Intersection of Lake Avenue and Superior Street

186690752795.jpg

Edited by dmiller

I dunno about them caged PETA women.

It seems like they'd be a lot of work and you'd have to feed them nothing but vegetables so you'd have to clean their cages more often.

They're probably pretty noisy, too.

Especially if you leave them outside overnight.

I remember about 17 years ago, there was a PETA woman chained to a tree down south of here in the woods. The sheriff took her down and put her in one of his cages where she damn near starved to death since she kept throwing her food back at the matrons.

Evidently, they aren't trained very well, either. I also heard that she was real noisy and kept the other inmates awake all night.

I dunno about the rest of you, but I wouldn't get one. They're more trouble than they're worth.

We've been making light and that's good.. because these folks are nut cases. No no no no.... I meant they have valid opinions that differ from ours but they are no less important and they support rights to those who can't speak for themselves... poor little animals..

Just for the record guys.. these PETA folks are not only against your being able to buy meat in the grocery store (or anywhere else) but against using lab mice for testing new drugs to see if the drugs cause cancer. They call that "speciesism". Where people discriminate against a species (like lab rats) by injecting THEM with new drugs to see the results rather then injecting humans.

Does this sound ludicrous to you? It does to me.

sudo

Dmiller just tell me when that nasty ole bear is coming your way.

I've got a little.30 caliber 180 grain projectile moving at 2850 ft per second that might convence him he's wrong.

Never have eaten bear but there's akways a first time.

PETA people are just nut cases. Let them come here and we'll have a great laugh.

I have seen buffalo, lion, water bufalo, and just about every type exotic hunted in good old Kerr County.

The YO ranch just had a giraffe born out on the ranch.

If you want to kill it come here.

It only cost lots and lots of money.

Aww -- Ex70's ---- I don't need yer firepower. :)

(Got enough of my own, thank you!)

I agree, these PETA folks are NUTS!

Even though they have opinions (like Sudo pointed out),

their arrogance is only outweighed by their ignorance.

After all - one doesn't rise to the top of the food chain

to eat vegtables!!! B)

I shot a bear in 1996 that was marauding my turkey pen. It was out of season, so the game warden kept the head, but let me keep the rest since it was being a nuisance and threatening my livestock.

Bear meat tastes kind of like pork, but also like beef. It's about the best tasting meat of all, albeit a little rich.

We have a black bear season here in Searcy County. You need something pretty powerful to penetrate the matted hair...I used a .303 British.

Come on up, and we'll have a bear-be-cue.

Notice how these women are "10"s?

Not a fat, old, or ugly one amongst them...

No men, either...

What's their market?

DUH?

(I wanna see Winonna Judd or Kristie Alley or some other fat slob like Elton John doing this - then I'll be impressed!)

Well their mission is to get as much attention as possible and I think extensive market research , as well as centuries of history, has proven that employing scantily clad women is a very good method to accomplish that. ! I would wonder ,however, if the these "models" are in fact card carrying PETA members or perhaps just hired for the publicity stunt.

Sometimes I think I would like to hold a congressional seat so that when PETA came to lobby, I could just tell them straight that I had no intention of listening to them, and go ahead...tell my constituents what I just said.

Edited by Eagle

Ha! Personally -- I think PETA is a mis-translation of the greek word PETRA

People Eating Tasty Roasted Animals.

Geez -- where will it end?? First you add a word, delete a word, change a word -- Yada yada.

Given the acronyms of today, now it's reduced to deleting a single letter,

and the *original meaning* is totally missed. :(

Not one jot, Not one tittle. :nono5::nono5::nono5:

ship.gifship.gif

dance.gif:dance:dance.gif:dance:dance.gif:dance:dance.gif

Edited by dmiller

• 2 months later...