GreaseSpot Cafe

New TWI class in March

skyrider

Hope it's not that severely scripted reading type teaching...

Not much heart

Hard to stay awake

But the devil will be blamed

For getting minds to stray

Guilt is sure to follow

If only my mind would stay

Who the f**k is touching my shoulders

Vocabulary is changing

Will there be another group... Finishing sentences.... Fill in the blank tests....

All the answers are in your syllabus...

:yawn1:

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

Well..........at least THREE more familes will not be taking the re-hashed class.

Me thinks that some are starting "to smell a rat".............and are no longer jumping thru the hoops that twi keeps putting before them.

Even a couple of innies who've confided in me...............say that they NO LONGER go to hq property for their sunday script reading. It's boring........it's embarrassing.......it's uninspiring.........it's simply, not a place where the spirit of God is moving.

A pathetic con job.....that's all.

:rolleyes:

Ricky,

I also want to welcome you here. I have two college age children, and an ex-husband who is still 'in'.

I do believe you are in an exceptional area with some very loving people. I was fortunate enough to spend many years in a area like that. The only problem was, the root system. *sigh*

I hope your experiences are wonderful and that you never get a bitter taste in your mouth. I agree with the others who have said "watch your back."

I won't say anything negative about the present TWI folks to you because I believe it will never be "true" to you, no matter how many people say things. The only thing that will ring true to you will be your experiences and observations while you are there. That's valuable experience. Unfortunately sometimes hurtful, but valuable.

Make this promise to yourself, it's one I made to myself when I returned to TWI in the mid 90's (after having faded away for awhile to get married, have kids and go to college myself in the late 80's). The promise is that you will "prove all things, hold fast to that which is true."

Familiar, hmm? Yep, and it was exactly what I told my former fellowship coordinators when I went back after an absence. They kept telling me that "things weren't the same in TWI," that "all the good people" had left, and that there was "a lot of corruption" happening. I absolutely couldn't believe them, even though they were the most honest, loving people I knew...and my best friends. Boy was I stubborn.

What I told them was that I was sure their opinions had some merit but that I needed to see for myself because that's what God asks of us. "Prove all things...etc."

I went back, and learned what I needed to learn. I proved it to myself. Now I have absolutely no question that I've done the right thing for me. I left.

My kids were in limbo when I separated from my husband (they are now your age). I did not tell them they couldn't go to fellowship. Although their dad and I had some major issues, I let the kids decide for themselves. The went with to fellowship for awhile. My daughter even took the WAP class.

Quickly, they changed their minds and didn't want to go so much. In fact, my son started getting sick over it. He begged me to keep him away from them. He tried to skip visits with his dad. My daughter, very loyal to her dad, wanted to keep seeing her dad and doing what made him happy. At the request of my children, I ended up having to get a court order, unfortunately, to protect them. Their dad wouldn't listen to their opinions and requests. He wanted to force them to go and he refused to take no for an answer. He INSISTED they come for visits and he INSISTED they go to TWI functions when they were there.

The court order read that, in NO WAY, was my son to EVER attend a TWI function, or any function that had 3 TWI members at it, not even a picnic. Well, the court order didn't say "picnic" but that was the idea!

It read that my daughter could make her own choice of whether to attend fellowships or not, depending on what she wanted, but that she could not attend classes while under age 18. She had the choice of not going to fellowship if she was visiting her dad the weekends she was there, or supposed to be there, if she didn't want to go. I have to tell you, I doubt she ever told him no. But she didn't take any more classes.

That worked for us. It would have been nicer to do it without the court order, but their dad wouldn't allow that. Their dad is still very much 'IN' TWI. Neither of my kids are.

My daugher, now almost 22 and a senior in college, visits her dad rarely, and has no interest in TWI. She sometimes goes to things with her dad just to see old friends (there were some cute boys in her area :love3: ), but she has no interest in TWI doctrine. She took some bible classes in college that were helpful to her in seeing 'the big picture' of God and religion, and we always talk about making good 'choices' in life. We talk about the greatness of different religions, and the not so great things of some of them. She makes great choices. Sadly, my son no longer has a relationship with his father. His father chose TWI over him and my son will be hurt for the rest of his life by that.

So, Ricky, I took the long way to tell you this: make good choices.

To do that, you have to 'prove all things and hold fast to that which is good.'

(I'd quote the scripture if I knew it...I'm just too lazy to look it up!)

Hang in there, guard your heart, watch your back, and do what's right for you.

God bless you...and remember how precious you are to Him! He doesn't want you hurt, either. Watch and listen when He talks.

hugs,

Robi

Well..........at least THREE more familes will not be taking the re-hashed class.

Me thinks that some are starting "to smell a rat".............and are no longer jumping thru the hoops that twi keeps putting before them.

Even a couple of innies who've confided in me...............say that they NO LONGER go to hq property for their sunday script reading. It's boring........it's embarrassing.......it's uninspiring.........it's simply, not a place where the spirit of God is moving.

A pathetic con job.....that's all.

:rolleyes:

Forget the kool-aid....they're boring them to death! :biglaugh:

Lemme see here...

Wierwille's class was touted as the greatest teaching of God's word since the first century...

For those of you who are not good at math, that's approximately 2000 years...

Suddenly, king okie decides that within a few short years, those teachings have become "old wineskins". :biglaugh:

Now...the guy who made the "old wineskins" claim, has been run out of town on a rail and the "present day truth" is being replaced by yet another version of "send us your money and God will talk to you".

I understand that there are a lot of folks who would love to "know the truth"...BUT...you really can't be THAT stupid...can you?

Ricky.....or any new student,

Did you finish the new class? Who were the teachers/speakers presenting the newer version of twi's foundational class?

Any tidbits of interest......or was it same ole, same ole...??

Still waiting.......

John Rupp, Steve Longley, David Chavoustie.

PFAL grads will love this class. If you had no doctrinal issues with the content, it would be the best thing they've done.

I wonder if grads of PFAL and of craiggers' class can order the syllabus from the bookstore.... :unsure:

I might be making a phone call tomorrow..... would be illegal to deny us, wouldn't it?

Try it! I'm pretty sure they have some way around that though. <_<