GreaseSpot Cafe

Waco Texas, Koresch Part Deux ?

diazbro

Just what is it about Texas?

They get more than their fair share, from what I can tell...

Why thank you George!

Hey... we gotalotta space down here... cheap taxes in the boonies... kinda like eastern Oregon but without the trees, mountains or water...

These folks were just looking for a place to 'expand'... they're the same ones that are in northern Arizona... too bad they couldn't have gotten in on the 'deals' that were WCofE and RC... maybe they'll buy Camp Gunnison... at least at those places you don't have to 'break in' the locals to get them used to living around a cult...

...maybe they'll buy Camp Gunnison... at least at those places you don't have to 'break in' the locals to get them used to living around a cult...

Hey wait a sec, don't be sending them here to Colorado now. If Camp G were ever offered for sale, I expect it would not go to a religious or a cult group. The folks in Gunnison have learned their lesson.

~HAP (whose wife was born and raised in Gunnison, BEFORE TWI ever saw the place)

I remember a couple of years ago... when the town still thought it was going to be a hunting retreat... then and during the construction they didn't complain one bit as these folks were spending major dollars there... and they knew back then that it was the FLDS, but then it didn't matter as much because the money was good...

http://www.azfamily.com/sharedcontent/sout...amy/index2.html

You can go here to read up on this group. My state and Utah have been trying to clean up the mess Mr Jess made of the two towns and the pologamy they all practice. The few women that have managed to escape are speaking out and trying to help other young girls escape, before they are given to a man, as another of his wives. Very, very sad.

This site does require you to make a nick and pass to read. It's run by a local Phoenix TV station and is harmless.

I pray they catch this man soon and he has to answer for all the lives he has ruined of those in his cult.

Below are the lead-ins to the different videos on some of the people who are speaking out about Arizona City and Warren Jeffs. You are probably thinking about Flora Jessop, who's sister finally escaped from her husband recently. I included the lead-in to Laurene's video story too.

It's a very interesting site, but very distressing and Jeffs is a dangerous man. Very few have gotten away, as we all got away from TWI. Even now that he's on the run with a $60,000 bounty on his head, he can't be found. The ones left behind are still so terrified of him and his henchmen, they still do as they have been instructed.

--------

Flora Jessop: She has been called the Martin Luther King of Arizona's anti-polygamy movement. Flora Jessop is a passionate and tireless crusader for the victims of polygamy. She is a main player in many of these stories and it was Jessop who alerted authorities to the polygamist prophet Warren Jeffs' move to Texas.

Laurene Jessop: As a child, she was molested by her father. As a young woman, she was given as a wife to an already married man. As a mother, she fought to protect her children only to be thrown in a mental institution. Like most of the major polygamy stories of the past decade, Watkiss broke the story and has been following this courageous mother's saga since she and her children turned up on the streets of Phoenix in May 2004.

Flora Jessop is a saint IMHO. She grew up in that compound, got out, and now dedicates her life to help teens leave so they don't have to mary at 14 or 15 and get pregnant by men 3 times their age.

I have no problem with people wanting to be married to more than one person if all agree and are consenting adults. I also have no problem if people want to practice their religion in their own confines (i.e., a compound) as long as nobody is being hurt emotionally or physically, and people have to freedom to leave on their own accord if they decide it isn't for them. I do have a problem with forcing teenagers into this scenario. It is rape, and it damages them.

Warren Jeffs deserves to have strung up by his cajones. I can't wait for the day they FBI finds him and brings the mofo in.

What is just as horrifying and sad is the young men who don't come from the top ranking families. Once they are around 18, they are forced out of the town/group onto the streets. We have some groups here in Phoenix who try to locate and help them, but it's hard when so many have grown up molested by the older men of the group, just like young girls, have been given no education and many are products of incest.

The older men see them as too much competition for the young ladies. so their answer is to get rid of them. That way the top few men get all the sweet young girls for themselves, once they are around 13 to 14 years old, the age they deem old enough to marry.

Doing anything against their 'rules' and upsetting Warren Jeffs will result in the husbands having their wives taken away and given to other men in the group. The church also owns all the land in the town, so they can be forced out of the homes they built on it if he deems their infraction severe enough. Same goes for jobs, they can lose those too .. well those that actually work and don't live off welfare to pay for their 20 to 40 kids. I must say it has worked well for generations. Not many of them will ever do a thing to raise an eyebrow and constantly toe the line.

I believe the part about the land is changing. We have attorneys contacting our offices to get help in separating the property out and getting it out of United Effort Plan's name. This would make the people responsible for the tax bills instead of the church. It was really difficult before because UEP made the people pay the taxes even though the church owned the land.

The local school district is in Receivership right now. A guy from Phoenix has taken over and is reorganizing everything. I'm glad to see this finally happening as the previous guy was in the group and who knows what happened to the tax money which funded the district.

I don't know about the fire district though. The same guy is still the fire chief, and he is a committed person to this group. I have contact with him monthly because of the work I do.

It will be intersting to see how this all turns out. I hope our county's sheriff will do more to crack down on the things going on up there.

The teenage boys--that is a damn tragedy. I've seen stories on the lives of some of them and where they ended up. Some were kicked out for getting caught smoking...geez. I'm sure it was just an excuse though. How can these parents live with themselves for letting their sons be treated this way?

Edited by Wayfer Not

Yes, some is done, more is needed. I hadn't heard about the Fire Chief being one of the group. I knew about the police officers that were and whom where fired by both Az. and Utah. I've read they are trying to get the land away from the church's possession and deed the different properties to the homeowners who wish to remain living there. Taking over the school district was wonderful!

One titbit of info we heard recently on the news is that the men in the group were required to pay Warren Jeffs $1000.00 a month. If the male adults did not pay, they were kicked out of the group.

How do they live with themself? The fear of being kicked out of the group makes them follow blindly and agree to all they are told to do. Getting kicked out is a much worse fear than the fear of going to hell. The ones that have said no, were kicked out of the church, lost their wives, their kids, their homes, their jobs and so the majority have so much fear, they won't do anything to upset the leader.

Flora is one heck of a lady. I'd love to run into her one day and give her a great big hug and a thank you for helping all those young girls escape the hell they are forced to live in. I've been following all the stories on the azfamily.com website as they are put up over the past few years. I end up in tears every time I watch the videos or read the stories. They are gut-wrenching.

Texas atracts all kinds because our laws favor private property rights. What you do on your own land is your business.

El Dorado is 150 miles away and everyone around here thinks there just nuts.

We fear the FBI more than we fear them.

The feds say we cant clear land. They say we cant drill water wells.

We would do just great if all the coasters (east and west) would stay out of our business.

As soon as a towne from San Angelo or El Dorado gets in trouble there every thing will change. Sheriff departments in west Texas have there own way of handling things.

Well I hope Texas authorities do a lot more than the Arizona/Utah authorities have. Arizona and Utah have put up with these people for 100 years or more. History tells that they actually went in around the 1930s and arrested them for polygamy, but that issue hasn't been touched since then. I am more concerned about the child rape and how tax money is handled.